Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am 46.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and want to loose 20 lbs more.
  • gnakazawa
    gnakazawa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and trying to lose the last 25lbs of fat and add about 5 more lbs of muscle. I started my journey at age 50 and have lost about 50 lbs of fat and have gained about 10 lbs of muscle....slow and steady. Please feel free to add me.
  • beequipped
    beequipped Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 50 and need to lose weight due to arthritis and high blood pressure.
  • hijude57
    hijude57 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and still have over 100lbs to lose. Add me if you'd like.
  • clattoo26
    clattoo26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sorry Im learning how to use is site
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am 42 with a few pounds left away from goal! It takes a bit longer as you get older, but so worth it!
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Hi I am 56 years young, and I am almost half way to my goal. I have about 15 kg to go ( or around 33 lb )
  • jkoment
    Options
    Hi. I'm 40 and have gained 25 lb since starting a desk job. I'm looking for support and advise. Started MFP and doing 30 minutes of just dance on wii three days ago. Need to find cheap yet healthy meals my kids will eat as well! Feel free to add me
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am 39, and have been SHOCKED at how much slower and more DIFFICULT this process is now compared to my 20's. It definitely requires more dilligence and sweat. :sad: Had I given this much effort in my 20's or early 30's- I would be buff.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Meeeee! I'm 43. Add me if you want! That 40+ metabolism is a *****!
  • goodmansharon1
    Options
    Hi! I'm 50 and trying to lose weight. Seems more difficult as I get older. I have 35 # I want to lose. I'm cutting my servings in half to cut calories. I am also looking up the nutritional info before eating....that is a real eye opener...lol. I also do the stairs at work for 15 minutes before work starts and walk for 20 minutes at lunch time. I am trying to think of ways that I can incorporate exercise in everyday life because life is so busy. I park at the end of the parking lot at the mall...my 10 year old asked me why we can't park closer like other people. But hopefully I am instilling the need for exercise in her. I would love to partner with you all. Add me as a friend if you would like:smile:
  • grandmasally13
    Options
    I'm 51, and have a long way to go....... but I'm working on it! Feel free to add me!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 and on a mission to lose 20lbs. We can do this!!!
  • hattonrw
    hattonrw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll be 49 (gulp) this year. Not trying to lose massive weight, but the last few pounds are always the worst! :-)
  • zenkat31
    zenkat31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    43, and this losing weight stuff is getting harder all the time! I really see a difference as I age, and looking for a permanent solution.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yep.. 48 here..I started in July of 2102, but got injured 6 weeks into it (knee), so I had to back off and ease back into the exercise game. Been working on it full time since October/November 2012, injury free. So far, I've completed Insanity/ Les Mills Pump hybrid and I'm 8 days from finishing Les Mills Combat. Loving the new lifestyle.. Just wish I hadn't waited so long..
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and still have around 50lbs or so to lose. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 55 in May.. Yikes, but feel 40!! And I have lost 100lbs so far but these last 10 are killing me. I keep going up and down about 5 lbs. So disapointing to be 177 and then pop back up to 181.... darn!! I started to eat a bit more and this happened, I can only hope it's not FAT but fluids and other things. Been eating way more veggies that before and increased the cals to around 17000 from 1500. Ah well!!!
  • ramona1030
    ramona1030 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I am 54, will be 55 this year. I started it the beginning of the year with 2 of my daughters and I've lost 9.4 lbs already. Just by eating right. I went to the doctor yesterday for a check up and my blood pressure has lowered and my cholesteral is normal range. I feel great. This is an answer to prayer for me. I gained 30 pounds in 2012 and now I can see me getting back to where I was when I felt good. So Thanks my fitness pal!!!