Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 42 lost 28lbs and have about 30lbs to go...piled on the weight after quitting smoking and have been stalled for about a year now.

I am here everyday if any wants support glad to be a friend.

martyxx
  • theJamesHey
    Options
    A lot of good stories here. I plan on shedding 100+ lbs. Started about a month ago.
  • alyssadyane
    Options
    I am 40, and have 89 pounds left to lose, feel free to add me.
  • ellenjnk
    ellenjnk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just turned 50 in October and am trying to embrace this new stage in my life as best I can. The weight that comes with this age, however, is another thing. Not loving the pounds that started creepin' up while in my 40's. I'm brand new to MFP and although I've only lost 2 pounds so far, I can tell that it is going to be great with all this awesome support! So happy to have found this site!
  • lonesomeduv842
    lonesomeduv842 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here, good luck. Fitness pal seems to really help.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm 41 and trying to lose the last 50lbs
  • ServiceGirl
    Options
    Absolutely! I am almost 52 and trying to loose 55 pounds. JUST TO FEEL BETTER.... Any Ideas??:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I will hit 50 in August. I started here on my 49th birthday and have lost 33 pounds so far. My original goal was to lose 73 pounds to get into the Healthy BMI category, but I recently changed my goal weight to 185 to get below 'Obese' and into the 'overweight' category. The 40 more pounds was beginning to be a bit overwhelming, so now I am just focusing on the 10 pounds to the first goal. Then I will add another 10 pounds each time I hit it.
    A lot of this is a mental game, so figure out what works to keep yourself on track.

It is way more difficult to do this at this age, but certainly not impossible.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    Options
    Meeeeeee!!!!! 53 and need to lose about 15 and tone up. Help Plz!!!

^^^ this sounds like me, going to be 53 in September and need to lose about 10 more lbs (which is way harder to lose than the 80 I lost last year) and need some toning up BAD
  • FoldsFive
    Options
    Yeah, I'm 41 and aiming to shift a load of belly fat I picked up after replacing smoking with snacking. Coupling calorie control with having joined a gym last week and trying to go three/four nights a week Only been doing this for a month but seems to be going relatively well so far.
  • jjneiley
    Options
    I am 40 and started to get serious about loosing weight and getting in shape. Add me if you like!
  • lonesomeduv842
    Options
    Hello, I joined MFP about a week ago. Fell off the wagon for a few days but finally put my mind to sticking to this, here is what I did to help. I'm a neat freak so there's nothing on my kitchen counters except a microwave and set of knives. I have plenty of room for a computer. I just bought a new laptop so the old laptop I am using for tracking my progress and it looks pretty stylish on the counter. As I prepare my food I'm able to log it right on the computer instead of having to get the reading glasses out for logging on my Android. I have heart disease and God has given me a second chance at life. I am only 48 and have a pace maker and defib so it's very important to me to honor HIS wishes and take better care of my body. Best of luck to you and to all who read this post. God Bless
  • LauraJS
    LauraJS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm 56 and trying to lose the first 25 of about 40# that I need to lose for health and vanity!
  • rhcour
    rhcour Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 63 and trying to loose 40 lbs you can add me.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 45...working on it...
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 44, and determined to be a fit, healthy, active and happy person! Learning the best habits for life.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm 49 and post menopausal due to chemotherapy. Even so, I've gotten my weight back down to 130. If I can do it with the double whammy of menopause and weight gain inducing post cancer meds, so can anyone else. My biggest struggle now is strength training. Anyone can feel free to add me if they like.

Never give up, never give in!
  • lonesomeduv842
    Options
    Wow 33lbs! Good for you. Keep up the good work. Your progress will be an inspiration to me so please don't give up, you're almost there! Best of luck!
  • tedlevie
    tedlevie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup - 46 and in the process of losing 40 pounds (at least). First month has been good - I know I'll plateau at one or more places, because that's just how my body rolls, but will keep cranking through it until my weight starts with a "1" and not a "2"...
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    46... mostly done losing the weight. I could lose a few more, but feeling fantastic!!!