My ultimate NSV!

dansls1
dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
Ok, so a year ago I went to the Dr. for my first physical in years. I knew I was overweight, but thought overall I was healthy. BP was boarderline high - but nothing crazy. Dr. suggested I needed to lose '10-15 lbs', and I started exercising and tracking what I ate. Then the blood test came back - Triglycerides (component of cholesterol) was 650 - high limit is 150. I immediately started taking fenofibrate for it. I did a lot of research. Drug is relatively new - and affects liver function - so they need to check liver function often. Can't drink because it compounds it. Triglyceride levels can often be controlled with diet and exercise. Now I have a real reason to get healthy and stick with it - I don't want to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life.

So I got religious about tracking everything I eat and bought a recumbent exercise bike. Almost a year old and I have 1800+ miles on it. I'm down 60 pounds. I have all the typicalNSV's - a whole new wardrobe, need to buy a new wedding band, more comments and compliments than I can count, tremendous boost in overall mood and confidence and people inspired to do something about their health because of me. It's all cool - but yesterday was the ultimate.

I stopped taking the pills in December and had the followup blood test and Dr. visit. Results - tryglycerides are 122 with no medication.

So get out there and do it! It's worth all the dedication and hard work. And if this ex 'doughy white guy' can do it, so can you!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!