My ultimate NSV!

Options

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Nice work. And inspiring to me, since dropping triglycerides is one of my goals. Mine weren't as high as yours, and the doc gave me six months to get them under control before putting me on statins.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Wonderful wonderful job! I wish more of my patients (I'm a nurse) had stories like yours. Maybe I should start pushing MFP? LOL
  • aneedell
    aneedell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and thanks for getting this newbie to look up NSV. For lazy ones out there (Non Scale Victory).
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's brilliant news!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are definitely an inspiration!!
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    that is a fantastic victory for sure! Congratulations on the no more meds!!!
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    WOW Congratulations!! That's an awesome NSV!! You totally changed your life!! So proud of your success!
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!! You should be proud of yourself. Congratulations.
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! I'm glad you're at a healthy and normal level! Congrats! :drinker:
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That's the ultimate NSV.... congratulations. A NSV that shows a positive change in your health, without meds, is truly the best victory. My ultimate NSV would be to get off my blood pressure meds and be in a healthy BP range and BMI. You're such an inspiration; congrats on all you've achieved!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    IMO, there is no greater NSV than good health. Kudos to you!
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great Job. and very inspiring. my goal is to lose 150 pounds and get off my cholesterol meds. you give me hope! way to go! be proud.
  • tianti82
    tianti82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting healthy!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Great job on taking control of the way you eat and realizing that this is an important milestone in your life
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    way to go!!! Congratulations on your hard work and dedication
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Virtual high five to you! Congrats on the weight loss and all the NSVs that go with it!
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT! Great going.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Congrats..At a young (early 20's) age I had my first blood test at our local Health Fair. My Triglycerides were over 600 along with horrible cholesterol levels. I immediately went on medication for them. I had been on them for years, different ones, but found that Vytorin worked great for both the Triglycerides and Cholesterol. Then when my insurance changed, they did not cover it any longer and it was extremely expensive so I went back to the generic regular cholesterol meds, because there is no generic for Vytorin. Early last year after having been off cholesterol meds for a few months and losing 25 lbs, I had another blood test and it was high, but only in the 200's.

Unfortunately I gained back those 25 lbs last year after a few deaths, and cancer came up in my immediate family all at the same time. I went downhill. Now I am back on track and have a long road ahead of me. But I plan to never have to go back on those cholesterol meds again.

I am very proud of you, you overcame cholesterol/triglycerides with healthy eating and exercise. You are an inspiration to me because I have the same goal against these meds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!