so what will you be giving up?

Options
For lent I'm giving up bread, pasta and cable..... this is going to be so hard for me...... what are you going to give up?

Replies

• JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I have already given up chocolate so not sacrifcing anything else
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I have already given up chocolate so not sacrifcing anything else

Lol that's a hard sacrifice!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Bread, pasta and cable? What's left? LOL

Nothing. I gave up beer for 14 days last summer and drank more wine to compensate - giving up food doesn't help me much!
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Meat...I think.
  • mestacy010
    Options
    That would be super hard for me! Good luck!
  • coastie_wife07
    Options
    My husband always gives up oatmeal cookies (he hates them)

I think this year I will give up.....
    IDK if I will give up something this year

Maybe chocolate
    Maybe soda

Not too sure yet
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am going to give up bread. Man that is going to be hard. I hope I don't give in.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    giving up counting calories! instead i will just eat 3 reasonable meals a day - without extra snacks, sweets or seconds on the weekdays! weekends i can have some within moderation.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Hopefully 8 or 9 lbs of fat...
  • heatherterp
    Options
    I do not normally give up anything for lent... however this year I am thinking of giving up alcohol. I do love a nice glass of wine.
    I am still deciding I have a few more days....
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I already gave up soda entirely. I think thats good LOL
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    Being that I already cut so much of the "good stuff" from my daily diet, I'm uncertain. I was thinking of giving up all sweets but to be honest, sticking with 1,200 calories per day doesn't allow for a whole lot of that to begin with. I think I may do something non-food related this Lent. Maybe sacrifice needless shopping or something like that? Trips to Target? Ugh, that would be PAINFUL! Lol! Maybe episodes of The Real Housewives and VanDerPump Rules? The options are endless!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Oh, the joys of being protestant. I'm not giving up ANY of the foods.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i'm giving up referring to people by their race, gender, or sexuality. Its my little sociological experiment.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Cokes which I already did that 2 yrs ago. Nothin really. Everything in moderation is key for me. I can't give up the food I love. But I am trying to cut out MORE processed stuff.. And learn to read the ingredients better.
  • EastFork
    EastFork Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Facebook.
  • mestacy010
    Options
    Being that I already cut so much of the "good stuff" from my daily diet, I'm uncertain. I was thinking of giving up all sweets but to be honest, sticking with 1,200 calories per day doesn't allow for a whole lot of that to begin with. I think I may do something non-food related this Lent. Maybe sacrifice needless shopping or something like that? Trips to Target? Ugh, that would be PAINFUL! Lol! Maybe episodes of The Real Housewives and VanDerPump Rules? The options are endless!

Its going to be so hard to give up The real housewives!
  • AHuffaker14
    Options
    I Will and still working on giving up Pepsi.. it is my biggest addiction. and i would say i have given up snacking.. i was big snacker when i got off work. so those two have been the hardest for me.
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'll be giving up pop :( I just have about one per day, but I used to live on it and I've been having it more than usual lately. I need to break the habit before it gets really out of hand.