so what will you be giving up?

Options

Replies

• mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Diet Cherry 7-Up

It's the only diet soda I've found that I like, and I don't drink as much of it as I used to drink Coke, but I still have about a can a day and I could do without.
  • suewestcountry
    suewestcountry Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hopefully about 8lbs
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Cutting out soda will be hard but well worth it! I gave it up years ago and now every time I drink it, it feels like fire going down my throat.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    I'm giving up being an atheist born into a Catholic family. Just kidding. I may not have faith, but I still have a fondness for some of the traditions. It is my heritage, after all, good bad and ugly. I'm giving up wearing lipstick and drinking diet cherry cola. I also want to volunteer more.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Years ago at church (when I was still a practicing catholic) the priest asked this little boy what he was giving up. The boy answered "Homework" the preist told him he'd better discuss that with his mom first.

seriously, I am giving up chocolate for the month of February...at least. let's see if I can make it to Easter.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Heroine and Crack I have even seen either one of them so it shouldn't be too hard on me.
  • amymac5011
    Options
    I'm giving up giving up anything for Lent, or for any other reason! Whenever I say "never" it bites me in the *kitten* anyway!
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    I'm giving up soda and chocolate.
  • mestacy010
    Options
    Heroine and Crack I have even seen either one of them so it shouldn't be too hard on me.

Lol
  • redgirl527
    redgirl527 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Diet soda!!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Cloths, some beautiful cloths I bought last year are heading to the thrift shop. Some are going to consignment, becuase I need some new digs.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Spandex . . .
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am fasting from meat and sweets during Lent this year. I have done so in the past as well. This year, I am also giving up processed foods. Yes, I know this definition is broad, but for me that means nothing from a box, only homemade (like bread) and grains. I'm sure it will be trial and error, but I'm really looking to make eating non-processed a lifestyle change so I'm looking forward to the challenge. Great topic, by the way!
  • mestacy010
    Options
    Spandex . . .

Hmmmmm.... OK good luck with that lmao
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Processed foods!!
  • mestacy010
    Options
    I am fasting from meat and sweets during Lent this year. I have done so in the past as well. This year, I am also giving up processed foods. Yes, I know this definition is broad, but for me that means nothing from a box, only homemade (like bread) and grains. I'm sure it will be trial and error, but I'm really looking to make eating non-processed a lifestyle change so I'm looking forward to the challenge. Great topic, by the way!

I'm hoping to get to the no processed foods lifestyle also!
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I gave up organized religion decades ago. Never felt better. ;)
  • Ianhazemom
    Ianhazemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am going to give of soda as well. I have given up so much since Thanksgiving that one more thing won't hurt. I also how to give up the feeling of FAT. Looking on the positive side ;)
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lent is about six weeks long so I'm planning on giving up about twelve pounds. Crossing my fingers.....
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The Internet.

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun.

Actually, I'm just going to give it up when my daughter is awake unless it has something directly to do with her (how to make edible finger paints) or something that needs to be done (looking up a recipe while making dinner).

Also, not catholic. Not even religious. I just think it's a good time frame to make or break a habit and since it's during a season switch from winter to spring, it's kind of turning over a new leaf.