Two years later, 110 pounds less with pictures

Options
image.jpg

My mom is in the white. I am in black. Not sure why it cut a little of me off in that picture.

I went from 290 to 180 in two years.

The first year of my journey to lose weight included obsessing about calories, carbs, working out, and losing weight. I lost about 80 pounds that first year.

I started getting fed up with counting everything and instead I decided to cut things completely out of my diet and just be more involved.

I completely cut out fast food, diet and regular pop, junk food, and anything that I know is just plain bad for the body. Instead I started focusing on how to cook using natural herbs.

I do not work out at a gym. Instead I take my dogs for a few miles everyday for a walk. Or my boyfriend and I enjoy a walk with our dogs.

I no longer focus on the calories or carbs, but because of my research I did early in the process, I do know what foods are high in certain things, and I eat them in moderation or not at all.

I also started doing fun activities, such as, the mudathlon. It was fun and bonding time that I got with my mom. It is no longer committing myself to going to the gym for X amount of time, it is about having fun being active.

I enjoy life and I weigh myself only about every two weeks. The weight loss is slower, but the changes my body is making is the biggest key for me. And being able to continually do activities to keep losing weight and to keep it off.

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    OMG... I hope you feel as amazing as you look! Congratulations :)
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! I love your inspirational story and that you have made it a lifestyle. Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! You look great...congrats and good job!! I want to be in the same place by next year at this time!! WOOHOO!
  • dougbryan
    Options
    Is that the same person in those photos? wow
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh, and you're the 2nd person I've heard who has had amazing weight loss results with NO GYM and by just simply making a habit of walking the dogs a couple miles or more a day.

It really starts to make me think of how important it is to make a HABIT of being active instead of just a simple 60-day exercise regimen to get that perfect body, etc. :)
  • cynbreau
    cynbreau Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! GREAT JOB!! Seriously inspiring!
  • jrobb_992
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful. What a great inspiration. Thank you for sharing!!:happy:
  • unicorns89
    unicorns89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Exactly!! I was very committed in the beginning to going to the gym every day for hours, but the gym was not for me. I needed something that I knew I would stick with and I enjoy the bonding time I get with my dogs, and it keeps them healthy in the long run as well.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You look about 20 years younger.
  • EmmaR25
    EmmaR25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Change is amazing, its good to know someone who has done it sustainable, as I hate the gym much prefer outside with dog!
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    Amazing accomplishments!
  • lisamalizia
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on your success! Keep up the good work!
  • rvfamily4
    Options
    This may seem weird but it is great to here that it took awhile. You see commercials where all this weight is lost in just 10 months. I want that but know if that happens I will never keep it off. I want to take it slow and easy this time and make a life style change.

I HATE the gym. As a family we are trying to walk more, go on bike rides and I love to swim.

Thank for sharing.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You look gr8t!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I love it!

Being active is way more important then hitting the gym. However.. I loev the gym especially in the winter. I'm more active outdoors in the spring and summer. bike riding sports hiking swimming etc.. it's just too cold in the winter. LOL

It's awesome that you've been losing without the gym though!!

You look 20 years younger!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Amazing work, it really paid off :drinker:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look fantastic!! Great job
  • unicorns89
    unicorns89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @rvfamily4 I wanted that as well, and at first, it was great losing massive amounts of weight every week, but then it stopped. I was unable to stay motivated and going to the gym every day. I am glad I slowed down and some months, I would only lose two pounds, but I was proud of that two pounds and I also started looking at my body and the activities I could do.

For me, it started about the weight and instead turned into how do I feel after I just ran a 5K without having to stop or walk. It was the little accomplishments that did it for me.
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!