NO I'M NOT PREGNANT!!!

Options
hww51
hww51 Posts: 17 Member
I should be flattered that a woman asked me if I was pregnant as I'm age 52, but I'm not with child, just struggling with a life long see-saw of weight gain/loss. I need to lose 30 lbs to be in my healthy weight range, and I know that tools like MFP are what really work - that and motivation from others. I'm hoping to run into that same woman at this time next year and see what she has to say....:wink:

Replies

• mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    you can add me the more support the better
  • littlebre33
    Options
    Sorry some people are just so rude but I must get one thing off my chest! If you are unsure that someone is pregnant, then maybe that is a clue that you shouldn't ask whether or not they are. I had a patient at work ask if I was pregnant, 2 weeks before my due date and all I could think of was "really..?? I have this huge round, firm tummy and you need to ask if I am pregnant?" Had to say it. On the other hand please feel free to add me as I just had my son this last September and am very supportive!!!
  • Shas2228
    Shas2228 Posts: 187
    Options
    ::Sigh::

I'm sorry to hear that. Some people are so rude. You can add me for support!
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. When I was staying at the rescue mission, suddenly EVERYONE had the guts to ask if I was pregnant! lol I always politely said "No, just fat!" I'm so looking forward to the time when no one can wonder or assume that!
  • veronica341972
    Options
    I have had numerous people who used to ask me how far along I was? I even was asked from someone at my church when I was due after baby number six after I just had a baby 3 weeks prior LOL I extend the hand of grace to people and realize that they sometimes say before they think. I make a rule of NEVER asking unless that person wants to tell me personally if they are. Better safe than sorry LOL My daughter is turning one tomorrow so still trying to lose those last 15 pounds hasn't been easy.........you can add me on though :))))
  • hww51
    hww51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support!
  • MaxsMomTN
    MaxsMomTN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had my boss's boss ask me that same thing, I was horrified. I told him that I was just fat, and then he was horrified. I'm apple shaped, so I can understand, but it was humiliating for sure. So I'm on MFP and losing weight, and every time he comes into town I make sure to say Hi and be as friendly as possible. It's funny, because he recently lost a LOT of weight too, so you would think he would have been more careful. Oh well, I'm over it and glad to be losing weight, this is a great site. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • SuShePack
    SuShePack Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What's MFP?
  • fireguychris
    fireguychris Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    im a 31 male.. and I get the same question asked to me to.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    What's MFP?

My Fitness Pal, the website that you registered with?
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    People are just people, try not to take anything they say to heart...just keep working on being who you want to be x
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've been asked that and relatively recently. My response was, "I'd certainly hope NOT. I'm 54." *HUGS*
  • Destiny2017
    Destiny2017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW....if you think you have to ask, it's better not to. Sorry you had to endure that. Sending you a friend request. Support is here!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was 6 months old, the sales lady at radio shack is all "oh Melanie I didn't know you were expecting another one!"

*deadpan*

"I'm not."

"OMG i'm so sorry......" blah blah blah.........
  • Bowtieguy3
    Bowtieguy3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I've discovered that most people are idiots...lol
    Feel free to add me, the more the merrier!!!
  • SallyMadonna33
    Options
    I totally agree, we have all heard stories of people making the faux pas of asking someone if they were pregnant when they are not! If you don't have something to say and want to make small talk there is always the weather. :smile:
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Don't people know by now...unless the baby is actively coming out (and even then, it's iffy), you DON'T ask someone that! :P
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    People ask me that all the time...
    I am pear shaped, but most of my fat goes straight to my belly and in the wrong clothes I look a tad bit pregnant (I won't admit it out loud, but typing is different)...if they ask, I just say "yeah, my little cheeseburger is due any day now" and they look embarassed or laugh...I have a good sense of humor about it.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    No one, I mean no one should ask a woman if she is pregnant unless there is a baby arm hanging out of her "parts'.

A woman asked me that once, traumatized me for life.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I work as a nurse with people with learning disabilities. I have been asked if I'm pregnant at work multiple times, and was once told I was too fat to be a Disney Princess by a patient. It doesn't happen now because all my patients know me, and know that I'm not, because they've already asked! It's so depressing, but I can't hold it against them. However, if anyone outside of them asks, I get really annoyed then!

For the record, the patient then said that although I was too fat to be a princess, I could be Wonder Woman. That made me feel better, she's totally hotter.