Recipes containing wheat is actually bad for you

Options
bananafish80
bananafish80 Posts: 8 Member
I have been seeing a lot of posts suggesting whole grains/wheat. There is actually new research which suggests that wheat is actually bad for you, and can cause your body to crave MORE food than what you need (which in turn, causes people to binge-eat.)

Here is a link discussing the whys and the hows:

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-five-questions-davis-20130202,0,5603988.story

Another reason why boxed pasta mixes are bad for you:

"Banned ingredient: Azodicarbonamide

This hard-to-pronounce chemical has been linked to asthma and is banned in Singapore, Australia, the UK, and most European countries. If American food producers exercised a little more patience and just waited one week for wheat to whiten naturally on its own instead of adding this to fast-track flour’s bleaching process, we’d have no worries.

Eat instead: Gluten-free and wheat-free is the way to go, then add your own pasta sauce (basic tomato doesn't take that much time!). Tinkyada Organic Brown Rice Pasta is Kosher-certified, to boot."

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The cardiologist believes wheat is the single biggest contributor to the country's obesity epidemic,

That's where I stopped reading.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Nah.

Also, the book "wheat belly" is not "new research". It's that guy's hypothesis.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    NEW? No, this is not new.

Thanks for playing.
  • bananafish80
    Options
    The cardiologist believes wheat is the single biggest contributor to the country's obesity epidemic,

Don't comment unless you have something of merit to say.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just as well I have no sensitivity to gluten then and it, in itself, does not make me fat.
  • bananafish80
    Options
    Wow, you guys are making great arguments. I am really enjoying the intelligent responses.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Wow.
  • duncabry
    Options
    need to leave this thread
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Edit. Not worth my time.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are making great arguments. I am really enjoying the intelligent responses.
    :laugh:
  • iAMsmiling
    Options

I remember when I read a book once. I knew everything.
    Then I got older and forgot.

So sad.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I actually stopped here:
    There is actually new research which suggests that wheat is actually bad for you, and can cause your body to crave MORE food than what you need
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Rubber, meet glue!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options

I remember when I read a book once. I knew everything.
    Then I got older and forgot.

So sad.

Twilight changed everything didn't it?
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Now I'm in the mood for some cracked wheat bread
    toasted with some real butter.... drool.gif

popcorn1.jpg

popcorn2.jpg

popcorn3.jpg

popcorn4.jpg

popcorn5.jpg

popcorn.gif
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    If I stop eating bread what am I supposed to smear my Cheese Whiz onto? My hand? Get real.
  • pastryari
    Options

I can comment if I want. Deal with it.

I posted that to let other users know not to waste their time.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I'm going to be straight with you. You are falling so far into the stereotypical, "Post controversial, highly unsupported 'research' with a grammatically incorrect title; respond to all thoughts disagreeing with extreme passive-aggression" right off the bat that I can't tell if you're just an observer posting a joke or actually falling into that stereotype.
  • iAMsmiling
    Options

I'm going to be straight with you. You are falling so far into the stereotypical, "Post controversial, highly unsupported 'research' with a grammatically incorrect title; respond to all thoughts disagreeing with extreme passive-aggression" right off the bat that I can't tell if you're just an observer posting a joke or actually falling into that stereotype.

Translation:

Can't tell if troll is troll or serious.
  • pastryari
    Options

You have lost no weight according to your ticker and have been here since 2010. How is cutting out wheat going for you?