Breakfast Ideas

Options

Replies

• Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Your oatmeal doesn't getting stiff or icky from sitting in the fridge over night?? This is something I would totally be down for doing however I always thought the food would get icky??
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    iv been having either weetabix with bannana or two scrambled eggs with pepper in yummy too and actually fill me up for a long time
  • monikalama
    monikalama Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I never have time in the morning either, i'm not sure what kind of plan you follow but other than oatmeal, or malt o meal that I make at work. I also make a microwave omlette that is carb free and is fast. I make them in advance on a Sunday night and grab them from the fridge in the morning to heat up once I'm at my office.
    To do this get a ziploc sandwich bag use egg whites or crack 2 eggs, throw in your cheese, meat or veggies seal the bag and shake.
    I make up 3 bags to off set the other breakfast options during the week. When you are ready just toss it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and Wala you have a 2 egg omlette to start your day.

WOW thats a brilliant idea.. i am gonna give it a try :D
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sounds Great
  • cecep5248
    Options
    Bumping for later, great ideas!
  • fancyacuppa
    fancyacuppa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Loving so many of these!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    These are delicious, 50 calories each, and easy to heat up in the morning and eat on the go.

http://iowagirleats.com/2012/02/16/mini-ham-cheese-quinoa-cups/
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I made the Bisquick Heart Smart blueberry pancakes recipe last night for my husband and I to eat for breakfast throughout the week.

2 pancakes eaten with some of the Motts no sugar added blueberry applesauce and 2 brown and serve turkey sausage links. 250 calories
  • albertkinser
    albertkinser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 cup oatmeal and 1 cup water. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon peanut butter and cut up a banana. 303 cal,51 carbs,7 fat, 9 protein, 39 sodium, 16 sugar.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bumping...really need new breakfast ideas and these sound great!
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump....now im hungry! lol
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATER...great ideas !!!
  • MichaelJM1960
    MichaelJM1960 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Deb, it really depends on what your druthers are. Nutritious...again eyes of the beholder. If you're on a weight loss, vice maintence routine; you can go a different route I lost 55 pounds doing Quaker Wieght Control Instant Oatmeal, microwaved for 1:30 m:s then 1/3 cup 2% milk, that I down while my Kureig dumps coffee in a to-go cup. With the coffee (that could be a 6 oz, OJ, et al) on my commute, I do a 110 cal caramel granola protein bar. Admittedly, that was me with a male's 1750 daily cal intake during loss and yours undoubtedly is a full 400-500 less than that if you're on a loss regimine. I was addressing your time issue. From the point I dump the oatmeal until I was out the door with my cup o'Joe...5 minutes. Another option...We make a fresh fruit salad every week. Grab a half cup (about 55 calories) of that and a tablespoon of sunflower seeds (30-40 cals), or granola. There's a ton of healthy 90 cal options out there. Good luck.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal

1.5 C mashed banana (3-4)
    2 eggs
    1/4 t vanilla
    3/4 t baking powder
    2 C milk
    2.5 C oats
    8 oz blueberries (can be frozen or fresh)

Preheat the oven to 375. Mash bananas, add eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add milk. Then oats and blueberries (keep frozen and stir in last). Spray 8x8 baking dish with oil, pour in oat mixture, bake at 375 for 45 minutes until top is golden and center is no longer wet to the touch.

Serves 6, each serving has:
    310 calories
    60 carbs
    12 protein
    24 sugar

Definitely going to try this one.
    It will be a nice change from my usual made the night before fridge oatmeal.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you have a crock-pot:

1 cup steel cut oats
    1 cup dried cranberries
    1 cup dates, chopped (or other dried fruit you may prefer)
    4 cups water
    1/2 cup half and half (or low-fat milk)
    2 tablespoons honey

Spray inside of cooker with PAM. Combine all ingredients (except dairy and honey) in the slow cooker, cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours. Stir in dairy and honey before serving. Makes 4 servings.

You can do this on a Sunday, then separate them out into individual 1 cup servings to keep in the fridge. When the morning comes, take one out and add a little bit of milk before microwaving.
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Another on-the-go breakfast I do for days when I might oversleep. I boil an egg while showering, etc. Then I take the egg, a slice of Orowheat double fiber bread and a laughing cow cream cheese triangle to work with me. I cut the egg in half and fold it up in the bread with the spreadable cheese and eat it at my desk, along with a piece of fruit.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast for when I am in a rush.

1 package of Seapoint Farms - Edamame Berry Blend, 1 container (4/5 cup ea.)
    2 containers of Dannon - Oikos Greek Nonfat Yogurt - Plain 0% Fat, 10.6 oz

Calories: 550
    Carbs: 57
    Fat: 14
    Protein: 54
  • emyleigh2005
    Options
    Lately I have been making scrambled eggs with ground turkey. i usually take about 4 oz of extra lean ground turkey and saute it up with peppers or onions. Then I mix 1 egg with 1/2 cup of egg whites and then throw it all together. Really yummy, high in protein. My other favourite breakfast is to take a banana, spread a tbsp of peanut butter on it, then put 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt and 1 tbsp of sliced almonds. Delish!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Saying you don't have enough time is just admitting you're lazy. Don't take that personally, I was in that state of mind at one time too.

Get up earlier, we're talking a ten minute difference here not hours earlier.

If you just don't want to cook, stick to fruit, grab a banana/apple/grapefruit/etc and a small yogurt. Buy some nuts and pre-sort portions for each day in a tiny ziplock. You could make a breakfast bag similar to what some hotels offer for on the go. Usually there's a bottle of water, a muffin, a piece of fruit, and a protein bar. Make five bags with similar items of your choice and bam, no thinking, no cooking, it's ready to go with you in the mornings. Hope this helps a little. :)

Totally agree! I do something similar. I don't like to eat until I get to work and I love those instant oatmeal packets, but it's not nearly enough to keep me full and has too much sugar so I started making my own. I got those little snack-size ziplock bags and on Sunday nights I make up 5 bags. In each bag I put a 1/2 cup of quick oats, tons of cinnamon, a little nutmeg, a little splenda, and craisins or raisins. At work I dump it into a bowl and add hot water from the coffee machine. It's about 165-170 cals and keeps me full til snack time.
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    night before: measure out 1/3 rolled oats and scoop protein powder in coffee cup. place under keurig. in morning: grab handful of blueberries or raisins. add lowest setting keurig water to oatmeal. eat in car.