Almonds

Options
13»

Replies

• Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I love toasted and lightly salted almonds but they are very addictive. To me, a calorie is still a calorie so I try very hard not to eat too many. Instead of snacking right out of the package, I weigh out single servings, put them in plastic snack bags and write the number of calories on the bag. This way I will think more carefully about snacking on almonds. I know, I'm a real killjoy.
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like them sliced mostly, especially on cooked tropical fruits and with whipped heavy cream. I also put them in salads. Honestly, I like cashews more.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just found the Blue Diamond Coffee Mocha Almonds...yummy!!
  • 4n6babe
    4n6babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    One serving of almonds for the ones I have are 24 almonds, 160 calories... if you eat a whole bag thats 2560 calories. And thats just the plain whole almonds. I'm sure the flavored are even more.

To battle this, I count them out and put them in a separate baggie. Never sit with the bag right near you or they will be gone before you know it lol.

The dark chocolate are the same 24 for 160 calories but it's probably higher for everything else

^ Ooh good to know, maybe I'll try those ones sometime (I only care about the calories, not the everything else lol)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    One serving of almonds for the ones I have are 24 almonds, 160 calories... if you eat a whole bag thats 2560 calories. And thats just the plain whole almonds. I'm sure the flavored are even more.

To battle this, I count them out and put them in a separate baggie. Never sit with the bag right near you or they will be gone before you know it lol.

The dark chocolate are the same 24 for 160 calories but it's probably higher for everything else

I believe dark chocolate in general has less calories compared wth almonds.

That's one of the many (many) reasons why chocolate trumps nuts, any day. <3
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I love almonds! But if I have the flavored ones around, I eat more than I should. I keep raw almonds around for a quick snack when I'm hungry and in a hurry. They're great paired with raisins.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I like the raw, but LOVE salt and vinegar. I actually have a recipe to make your own I might have to use this week.

ETA: I like to mix the raw ones with dark chocolate raisins when I have extra cals, sooooooo good.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I take a handful of almonds and a spoonful of chocolate chips and I eat an almond and one or two a chocolate chips at a time. :)