5:2 - intermittent fasting. FRIENDS WANTED.

Options

Replies

• spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about trying this out. I've been doing really good with my diet & new exercising plan, but I always like to try new things. I work out 5 days a week (though I'm aiming for 6) & was thinking of the 5:2 or liquid diet on the 2 days I don't work out, but I don't have my days set so I wouldn't know when they would be right now...
    Maybe I'll lurk in on a group for awhile if ya'll won't mind...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Darn it, my Graze box, which was due yesterday, has just arrived today. In it there's a lovely little 84 cal afternoon tea type cake and infusion.

Hm, I may have to revisit today's food plan and see what I can swap out to allow for this little treat.
  • ClareKaczmarek
    Options
    Darn it, my Graze box, which was due yesterday, has just arrived today. In it there's a lovely little 84 cal afternoon tea type cake and infusion.

Hm, I may have to revisit today's food plan and see what I can swap out to allow for this little treat.
    I love those little cakes & afternoon tea infusions you get in Graze boxes now. I had the banana bread one yesterday and it was yummy :)
  • Debinapril
    Debinapril Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started today as well. I'm would also be grateful for a bit of support. So far so good! Have to rush now but will say more later. All the best! :-)
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have started fasting during I do 20 days out of 30 and I normally dont fast on the weekend
    I fast for 12 hours I eat 6am then 6pm
    Have been doing that for a couple of days and today is my first 24 hour fast I ate yesterday at 6pm and I will eat again tonight at 6pm
    I will let you know how its going
  • bucket1107
    Options
    Is it 500 calories full stop or can you eat back your exercise calories?
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just started this week and my understanding is that you only have 500calories (women) and thats it on the 2 fast days.
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have started fasting during I do 20 days out of 30 and I normally dont fast on the weekend
    I fast for 12 hours I eat 6am then 6pm
    Have been doing that for a couple of days and today is my first 24 hour fast I ate yesterday at 6pm and I will eat again tonight at 6pm
    I will let you know how its going

This is the best method

you need to set yourself specific times - best way is go by daylight
    so if you eat a healthy meal - like a breakfast and drink before dawn/sunrise - then refrain from food and drink until sunset and eat healthy again. If you live where daylight is very long compared to night then adjust to no more than 12 - 14 hour fast

The best days proven are Mondays and Thursdays!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Is it 500 calories full stop or can you eat back your exercise calories?

I used to eat back my caloires until I read the book - no you shouldn't eat them back, it's the fasting that brings the health benefits.

Which strangley means I'm eating less on fasting days now I'm at maintenance than I did when I was losing weight.
  • 52er
    52er Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello, I started doing this on Jan 1st and seeing good results. I tend to stick with Monday and Thursday for fasting to maximise the time between. Don't really bother counting calories at the weekend but I'm very strict on the other days, I have lost 19lbs so far.
  • nikkicancilla
    nikkicancilla Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hiya started this on Monday and am on my 2nd fast day of the week.
    Like you I fast on Tue and Thur....goin ok so far but am trying to keep busy (hence why Im on here!! lol) I try and eat 3 times a day and about 200 cals a time......I exercise everyday so find it tough to keep to 500 cals.

Add me as a friend if you wish.....nikkicancilla

Good luck
    Nikki x
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Only just started the 5:2 and playing around with it at the moment to see what suits but think I like it and always great to have some support.
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    iv been doing it two weeks aswel as doing 1200 on the non fast days, iv lost 7 lb in 2 weeks, only done two fasts so far tho :)
  • muddyspringer
    muddyspringer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck with on trial!

I started doing this just 2 weeks ago and so far have had good results having lost 2lbs as the system says will happen. I'm going to change from Mon/Thurs fasts as Mondays not working well for me. Problems sleeping if food all taken at 2pm. Thursdays working well with 2 small meals - lunch and teatime. Haven't decided which day to change Monday to yet. I don't count calories on non-fast days...... just eat what I feel like!

Add me if you wish.......
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been doing intermittent fasting since I first started dieting! However I only gave myself one fast day but I'm thinking of increasing!
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've been doing intermittent fasting since I first started dieting! However I only gave myself one fast day but I'm thinking of increasing!
    how have u done doing just one day?
  • KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump!

I had never heard of this, but it sounds interesting and I'd like to learn more.
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello All

Male on 5:2 with help from wife.

42 YO

Add me as a friend if you are on this and we can help!
  • Victœria
    Victœria Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well your not supposed to eat back calories but I do.

Do what ever makes you feel at ease & suits you personally x
  • Victœria
    Victœria Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    how have u done doing just one day?
    Yeah, how have you been going only fasting 1 day ?