colon cleanser?

Options
i was just wondering if anyone has ever used or heard of colon cleansing pills... I have done some research online but i always like to hear what people have to say. any information is greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Don't bother.
  • theresa_ann
    theresa_ann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    don't bother, as in... its not neccesary. or don't bother as in...?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Poop. Colon is cleansed!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Poop. Colon is cleansed!

^^This! LOL nice post!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Just eat taco bell and be done with it!!

And+that+s+when+you+abandon+the+toilet+and+refuse+to+_5e994047fd6bc3067044fcaf002c70d6.jpg
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The only reason to do a colon cleaning is if you are having a colonoscopy.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    if you're having issues "going" try adding more fiber to your diet.
  • theresa_ann
    theresa_ann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not having any issues ... just had heard that you should "cleanse" every once in awhile to get rid of old waste.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm not having any issues ... just had heard that you should "cleanse" every once in awhile to get rid of old waste.

What old waste? If your intestines are working properly, you have no old waste. If they aren't working properly, you should discuss that with a doctor.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Fiber is all the colon cleanser you need. Vegetables, fruits, whole grains. But you can get fiber pills if you'd rather take a pill.

And if you really want a good quick cleaning out, get a Fleet enema. Messy and unpleasant, but you will be clean as a whistle.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options

If you still have "old waste" in there then you're having issues with constipation.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    The body is self cleaning internally, if you eat a healthful diet.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Srsly though if you are interested in the health of your gut, take a quality probiotic, eat yogurt with live cultures, and consume plenty of fiber.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options

If you still have "old waste" in there then you're having issues with constipation.

Or diverticulitis, which is a serious enough medical condition that the OP would feel rather quickly if she had it . . .

Anyone who tells you that you need to cleanse your colon is trying to sell you something. And if they something they are trying to sell you contains senna, then it is an incredibly dangerous something.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out this article: http://naturopathictherapies.net/index.php/services/13-colon-therapy

I like professional colonics (colon hydrotherapy) or as an alternative, using a colema board.
  • MrsRichmond060212
    MrsRichmond060212 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried a product called Colonix and I think it really worked well. I also have heard you should cleanse once in a while. No matter how regularly you go to the bathroom there is always built up waste on the walls of your intestines. The only thing is it was expensive and it's a drink and it's kind of icky. There is a powder, a tea, and pills that you take and if you do it in the right order and everyday you'll definately be able to tell. It also not one of those things that you have to worry about all of a sudden having to find a bathroom.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    taco bell
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think I can help
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    No. No. NO. You don't need to cleanse.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Because she's too modest to keep posting this....

Cleanse by bathsheba_c

To cleanse or not to cleanse? That is the question.
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of non-specific toxins
    Or to take arms against a sea of imagined bowel obstructions
    And by opposing, perforate one's colon. To juice; to detox;
    No more; and by a detox to say we end
    The pH and the balance of intestinal flora
    That guts are heir to, 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be avoided. To juice; to detox;
    To detox: perchance to puke: aye, there's the rub;
    For in the pangs of indigestion what side-effects may come
    When we go and leave our undies soiled.