• Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    it's a sh*tty topic...

It stinks! :laugh:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Now that I think about it, every time I watch American Idol, I'm filled with the urge to defecate.

You could try that.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Poop. Colon is cleansed!

^^LMAO^^ Just "DOO" this. :laugh:
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If I want a full body cleanse I usually go for whiskey.

Good one!!
  • luvmyfitbit
    luvmyfitbit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There is a tea you can buy called " Smooth Move" at the grocery store and it helps you have a good bowl movement. I took it while on vacation because I tend to get constipated while traveling. It says to have a cup at bedtime and it really worked. :smile:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    It cleanses itself.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Unless a doctor tells you otherwise, don't mess around with products that "cleanse" the colon.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    plunger431x300.jpg
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My sister has Diverticulitis. She has done the sea salt flush and it works well for her. Usually takes her flare ups away. It is basically a quart of warm water and 1-2 tsp of sea salt. Drink it all on an empty stomach and make sure you stay by the bathroom. You can google it too. I have never done it but definitely heard about it. It seems to be the more natural way to do it. Just make sure you use SEA SALT.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    The only reason why any waste material would stick to the inside of your colon is because of some kind of growth and the last thing you should be doing is taking bowel medicine or having any procedures such as a hose pipe up the *kitten*. Before anyone posts "waste material builds up on the walls of the colon" consider whether you've seen your insides (I have) - you'll know there's nowhere for waste material to stick to. it's a completely smooth wall. And if it isn't functioning correctly, see a doctor. It's not like when you get a root growing through your sewerage pipe.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    celery+colon+brush.jpg
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    There is a tea you can buy called " Smooth Move" at the grocery store and it helps you have a good bowl movement. I took it while on vacation because I tend to get constipated while traveling. It says to have a cup at bedtime and it really worked. :smile:

Smooth Move contains senna, which is one of the harshest laxatives out there. Not recommended.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Check out the Advocare line of products. They have a 24 Day Challenge and the first 10 days are a gentle herbal cleanse. You would be amazed at the impurities and toxins that we all have built up in our body over time. It really worked for me and the company has a great reputation.

Would you please name these "impurities and toxins"? No person or company who claims we are full of toxins is EVER able to put a name on any of them--probably because they know they're lying so as to get your hard earned money.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I too feel like you may need to cleanse every once and a while. I am currently using a product called Super Cleanse. I researched it and read others reviews. I don't have any complaints. I am not using it to lose any additional pounds magically, but to cleanse and refresh my system. I like many other people, eat fruits and vegetables but still don't have adequate bowel movements (3-5 daily). I may not go but once a week, so I thought this was necessary. It boasts, Natural Whole Herb total body cleanse and I went within the same day I took a pill. It only requires two pills a day. No cramps or discomfort, no urgent feelings either. This is simply my opinion. I have choosen not to colonics because I don't like the method or the possible side effects.

How is your fat intake? In my opinion, adequate fat consumption is far more effective than fiber consumption to keep things moving...(and less potentially irritating/abrasive in the process).

ETA: Oh, and the need for a colon cleanse (absent doctor ordered such as prep for a colonoscopy)? Totally bogus.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    2 words - Magnesium Citrate.

Cheap and effective.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I have talked to several gastroenterologists (pretty sure I spelled that wrong) who have told me that they have never once seen any of this 'waste' or 'spackle' that supposedly builds up inside the colon.

Something tells me that if they have filmed thousands of dookie-knots from the inside and not seen even the first hint of it, it's bull****.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    The only reason to do a colon cleaning is if you are having a colonoscopy.

^ ^ ^ This is exactly what my gastroenterologist said.

I actually had a colonoscopy. The only thing I needed to "cleanse" my colon for that was Benefiber and Gatorade. That's it. Cheap and easy and yes, it completely cleaned everything out. The proof was on the screen! (Now watch sales of both skyrocket.)

Any company selling you a cleanse is just stealing your money. There's no need for it.