Do You Ever Gain Weight When You Weigh In?

Options
124»

Replies

• poorgirl1
    poorgirl1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's not uncommon to plateau for awhile or go up in weight some weeks. Try not to worry about it. One of the things that I wish that I'd done when I started out losing weight was to take my measurements. The first time that I hit a plateau it really bothered me until I realized that I'd gone down a full notch on my belt during the plateau period. Just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean that you're not losing inches.

How long was your plateau?
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Well, you're eating at a 40% deficit if 2300 = maintenance. That's not a healthy way to lose weight, but I'm sure you'll lose...for awhile. I'd consider a deficit of no more than 20% if you want healthy, sustainable weight loss. Good luck.
  • tweety612013
    Options
    Hi, yes, I am 3 weeks and I too have lost 4 lbs. and I gained 1 back. My problem is I have Lupus, RA and take steroids and I have been in a flare for a month, so my doctor upped my steroids my 55 mg so now I have to slow down until the flare eases up, and manage my calorie intake and exercise less than I would normally. But the secret is not to let it get to you. I have been fighting weight loss pretty much my adult life, and have tried varous diets to no avail, however, I really like this and the support and the ease of it. So don't worry about occasional weight gain as long as it isn't more than what you have lost, at least that is my take on it. I am giving myself the goal of one year to lose 55 lbs. I am down 4 - 1 and counting. Good luck and with everyones support hopefully we reach our goals.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I havent gained any more weight since I started but I havent really lost alot either 1.3 kg loss since January 2nd to be exact but I am lifting heavy weights. Mentally this is a HUGE HUGE struggle especially when you see people on your friends list here losing pound after pound week after week.

Im not bloody giving up though!