Snow Storm, what to do????

Options

Replies

• _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    PANIC!!!!!!!!!

No just kidding. Do not panic.

My area ALWAYS loses power so I'm getting all my laundry done tonight and cleaning and making sure we have bottled water and such. Our neighbor let's us use a plug from their generator so we'll be all set for our fridge...just will come home to check on the kitties....rest of the time when we're not working...playtime in the snow.

I'll also be testing out my new wheels in lots of snow...donuts in empty parking lot? I think so.
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    snow ice-cream!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    We're usually snow-covered in the winter, so it's nothing new. If everything was closed? I'd go sledding with the kids, play in it, shovel.. haha
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Buy bread and milk...lot's of it.

So maybe you can help me....why does everyone make french toast when it snows?
    They don't know they should make hot chocolate. :(
  • shellyann1180
    Options
    Make french toast with all the eggs, milk & bread I have stocked up on and snuggle with my man. Gotta do enough snuggling to burn the french toast calories off
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If I lived there, I'd grab the rain bike, layer the clothes and ride in it balls to the wall. I'd video it as well and have fun putting music to a KILLER bike ride in a snow storm....

Sadly, here, I can only go out riding in hurricanes. Lightning adds a thrill of excitement. Snow storm would be AWESOME!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Make waffles..
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Go SNOWBOARDING YAY
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If we get an inch of snow here in Oklahoma we shut everything down for a few days. We don't know how to handle snow. I'd hate to see how we would react with a couple of feet....

ETA: I'd stay inside, under the covers and watch movies. And eat. A lot.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Continue daydreaming about it...We haven't had a foot of snow on the ground around here since 2000 or so.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    After I cleared my driveway, I'd go sledding.
  • Santerre1984
    Santerre1984 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I live in MA, my husband recently bought us a generator...such a good purpose and we know it will get used. I will sip on some low-calorie cocoa and enjoy my family!
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'd clean out all the shows on my DVR
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Take the dog to the school yard across the street and run and play with her till we are both exhausted. I love snow! Good thing since we are expecting 6 more inches tonight.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    make sure you at least walk in it, choose the unplowed parts and make your body work to pull your foot out of the snow. It is amazing for burning calories in less time.:drinker:
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Go snowmobiling of course, and downhill sledding. One foot of snow doesn't really affect my life.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    What will you do with a foot of snow on your roof? No roads opened, a fire and.....

Just a foot of snow on the roof? We call that November in Buffalo.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    It's funny, everyone said they would stock up on bread, eggs, milk etc. That's all fine and good...BUT don't forget to stock up the booze too! If you run out of room in the fridge, just put it outside to chill!!

Edited for spelling
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What will you do with a foot of snow on your roof? No roads opened, a fire and.....

Just a foot of snow on the roof? We call that November in Buffalo.

ha! I'm from buffalo too :)
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    It's funny, everyone said they would stock up on bread, eggs, milk etc. That's all fine and good...BUT don't forgot to stock up the booze too! If you run out of room in the fridge, just put it outside to chill!!

Kegarator in the basement. Problem solved. :happy: