Snow Storm, what to do????

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    What will you do with a foot of snow on your roof? No roads opened, a fire and.....

Just a foot of snow on the roof? We call that November in Buffalo.

ha! I'm from buffalo too :)

I'm from New Orleans, but have lived up here for the past 9 years. My first winter here (and the October storm) was quite a shock. Now I just roll my eyes when family and friends back home are panicking over a "freeze warning" because the temp *might* get into the high twenties overnight down there. :laugh:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    What will you do with a foot of snow on your roof? No roads opened, a fire and.....

They close all the roads for a foot? Don't move to Minnesota.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Go downstairs to my office, log into work, and work.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hot toddies and snowshoeing
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Watch the whole city shut down over an inch, so probably pull out the 4 wheel drive and check on my grandma like we did last time it happened.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Watch movies, drink a lot, build a snow fort.

Of course, if there's only a foot of snow, that actually means I'm going in to work. Denver doesn't close down for anything less than 4+ ...
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

I'm from New Orleans, but have lived up here for the past 9 years. My first winter here (and the October storm) was quite a shock. Now I just roll my eyes when family and friends back home are panicking over a "freeze warning" because the temp *might* get into the high twenties overnight down there. :laugh:

Lol! During the October storm I walked around town taking pictures of down power lines and trees on cars. I'm actually disappointed with the lack of usable snow the past few winters, although this year seems better than last.
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Get slizzerd in the blizzard.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    if i have to shovel any more ****in snow
    I AM GOING TO SNAP!
  • jnichel
    Options

Lol! During the October storm I walked around town taking pictures of down power lines and trees on cars. I'm actually disappointed with the lack of usable snow the past few winters, although this year seems better than last.

Supposed to get quite a bit tonight, which means instead of going to the gym tomorrow morning, I'll be shoveling for a workout. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If we get a foot of snow, I'll enjoy laughing at my 10 inch dog running in it.
  • jnichel
    Options

Our Golden loves the snow, but we love watching him trying to find the snowball we just threw. :laugh:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    we always have enough food at the house..so thats no biggie..and as long as we have Netflix..no worries..we have no problem staying at home.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I am making a supply run tonight... no milk or bread... beer, brandy and wine...

I do enjoy shoveling too, so I will grab my shovel and dig out my neighbors like i always do...
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I actually LOVE working during a snow storm because ABSOLUTELY no client comes in, and I have a chance to catch up on all my work that's difficult to complete because of constant interruptions. Some of it can be personal too (like bills)...but don't tell my boss.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Go snowshoeing!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'll have a snowball fight-and shovel it but only after the snowball fight
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Just one foot of snow???? Schools not even cancelled over that here!! Now if there was 3 feet, like what used to happen here I would read a good book, make soup, play in it and drink hot cocoa!
  • Sindaelys
    Sindaelys Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do homework and eat peanut butter and jelly. Not much else to do when the power goes out. /shakes fist at the power company
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Our Golden loves the snow, but we love watching him trying to find the snowball we just threw. :laugh:

OMG I laughed out loud.

I used to live in Syracuse, NY, where a foot of snow in a night was commonplace in the winter. Here in MI, you're not sure whether you'll die on the road in the morning or be fine. Such is life when your city/state doesn't have the money to make sure winter road crews have everything they need! In any case, I'll dig out and go to work!