Low Sugar Cereal Suggestions

Options

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Natures Path organic Smart Bran-6 g sugar and 13 g fiber.
    I add skim milk, berries and its good.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Three Eggs, over easy.... Yumm!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Cheerios are very low sugar. Then you can add fruit -- bananas, blueberries, etc. - to make it sweeter, more filling, up the nutritional value.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 80 calorie! Comes in Honey Squares and a new chocolate flavor....3g sugar for 1 serving, 10g fiber, 1g fat, 1g protein, 25g carbs...I think they are nummy!
    Just bought the choc last week... gonna try this week. The NI looked fab and 'Fiber One' products (bars, browies, etc.) have never disappointed me yet!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    harvest crunch! its filling, and its great sprinkled on yogurt too
  • 0atmeal_queen
    Options
    Homemade granola is crunchy.

Fiber one is the cereal from hell and is nasty tree bark.

I mean whatever floats your boat though people.. Crunchy 80 calorie tree bark? Yummo?

Cereal's gross.

Why not try to STOP eating it. It's a waste of calories and doesn't even fill you up or have the same nutrients as eggs and veggies do.
  • viliwa
    viliwa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    weetabix sprinkled with aspartame

aspartame is not a good sub for sugar. stick with the real deal and not the artifical subs as they tend to cause other health issues over the long haul.

http://aspartame.mercola.com/
    There is absolutely no scientific proof that aspartame causes any health issues.
  • groke101
    Options
    Make porridge with water, you can add mixed spice, ginger etc to brighten it up.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Fiber one :) I like stuff with high fiber because you can subtract fiber from carbohydrates. Being Pre-diabetic, its nice!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    not trying to troll, but assuming you aren't diabetic, does it really matter? I mean, no matter if your cereal tastes like cardboard or candy, it is all carbs. Some has more fiber, so I guess that is a plus but I have yet to come across a cereal that I would really consider healthy or remotely balanced.

Your body will EASILY convert the carbs in cereal to... sugar.

btw, not saying not to eat cereal, just trying to understand the mindset.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    weetabix sprinkled with aspartame

aspartame is not a good sub for sugar. stick with the real deal and not the artifical subs as they tend to cause other health issues over the long haul.

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

I'll believe that when I get a report from a reputable and scholarly source or even something from a website that doesn't end in .COM.
  • littlmissapril
    littlmissapril Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Special K oats and honey is great and i'm diabetic and eat it.....

This! I love Honey Bunches of Oats and this is a great, healthier alternative.
  • ldnewlady
    ldnewlady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love the new 80 calorie Fiber one chocolate cereal. I was very hesistant to try it since I can't stand the regular fiber one cereal. Much to my surprise it was good. 9 grams of fiber, low in sugar!

If you are against artificial sugar you may want to stay away from it since it has sucraose in it.
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is very very easy on the Microwave. Just the big box of oatmeal. Not the quick cook kind.

1/4 C oatmeal, 1/2 c water.

50% power for 2.3 minutes.

Add salt or pair with fruit. I usually do the fruit later in the morning.

Incredible how full it makes you feel all morning. I have to force myself to eat the snack at 10 AM.

My husband does 1/2 C oatmeal with blueberries(frozen or fresh) every morning. Same time in the microwave.

Good luck.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    honey nut cheerios I don't think are that bad for calories
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    weet bix
    plain oats
  • swissbrit
    Options
    Weetabix, Oatmeal/Porridge, Branflakes all with skimmed milk :-)
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Three Eggs, over easy.... Yumm!

This! Seriously, eggs are fast and easy. It takes me 3 minutes to fry 2 eggs in the morning. I use a cast iron skillet, so clean up is as easy as wiping it with a paper towel. Worst case, 5 minutes if I need to clean the pan with water and re-season. I sometimes eat the eggs while I'm getting dressed... multi-task, baby! Or, I make them, throw them into container and take them to work. They're still warm when I get there.

And, eggs fill me up. I hated eating cereal in the morning. I would eat it, and seriously feel hungrier after. I never ever felt full, and was hungry for snacks an hour later. Eggs keep me happy until lunch and beyond.

Cluck Cluck!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K Protein Plus cereal. I think it only has like 3g of sugar or something