Soup Recipes?

Options
hey has anyone got some good soup recipes? share them with me i want to start having soups for lunch or dinners but not sure what to make. ive tried to google it but some just dont seem that healthy and appealing :)

Replies

• SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I make a Tuscan Vegetable soup about every other week, double the recipe, and have part of my lunch for the whole week! I make modifications on it here or there (beans, no beans, frozen or pre-chopped veggies, etc.) to make it easier, faster, and to change it up a little. But it's really tasty, and a really good base recipe!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/tuscan-vegetable-soup-recipe/index.html

I've added it to my recipes here on MFP, but I'm not sure how to make it public- by my calculations, it's 104 calories per 1 cup serving (I usually eat 2!).
  • Christine61314
    Christine61314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Soup, its delicious. I'm not a fan of too much spice so I added smoked paprika, used fresh chopped tomatoes (just didnt add as much stock) and I missed out the sherry vinegar. Thats the thing I love about soup is that you can change recipes to suit your own tastes.

http://www.culinarycolleen.com/spicy-roasted-red-pepper-and-tomato-soup/
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    I got this recipe from Sparkpeople and it's really good:

1 can of fat free refried beans
    1 can of 99% fat free chicken broth
    1 can of corn
    1 can of diced tomatoes (or rotel or fire roasted tomatoes for a kick)
    1 can of black beans

Mix it all together and the refried beans will all "melt" into the broth and make it a bit thicker. Very yummy and high fiber, low cal. I usually double and take for lunch all week.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP!
    chicken broth
    sliced onion
    cut carrots
    1 head of green cabbage cut into chunks
    1 cut tomatoe
    sliced chicken breasts - raw - it cooks in the soup..
    1 canned corn
    1 cube or tablespoon of the mexican chicken powder seasoning
    3-4 cups of water

i have many more soup recipes but i didnt wanna write them all haha.... good luck!!!!
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Soup (this is an old recipe I've had forever. I haven't calculated the calories)

1 small onion, diced
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 15-oz can chicken broth
    2 15-oz cans black beans (undrained)
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground coriander
    1/4 tsp cumin (or to taste; I like a lot)
    1/4 tsp oregano
    1/4 tsp black pepper

Heat olive oil in saucepan.. Saute onions until softened. Add chicken broth, black beans, and seasonings. Simmer for 10 minutes. Using an immersion blender, whiz until the texture is to your liking.

If desired, add some diced lean turkey sausage or ham.

Garlic Soup

1 small onion, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    3 tablespoons flour
    2-1/2 cups chicken broth
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)

Heat olive oil in saucepan. Add onions and garlic and saute until softened. Add flour and cook a couple minutes to get rid of the raw taste. Add broth and cayenne and cook until thickened. If you like, whiz it with an immersion blender for a smoother texture. This soup would be great if you had a cold. Pass the breath mints! (By my calculation, this is only 80 calories per cup!)
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love soup thanks for the recipes :flowerforyou:
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.... soup.

BUMP
  • chadgard
    chadgard Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love soup! I find it's best to improvise with what's seasonal and leftover, so don't often use recipes. But mostly this is just a bump so I can peruse these recipes later.

Soups are one area where it would be nice to be able to use a recipe in a recipe on mfp, though....
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    This
    http://www.chiaseedrecipes.com/quick-and-easy-cauliflower-chia-soup.php
    is very low calorie and amazingly delicious.

I also make what I like to call Awesome Pumpkin Soup.

Cook and then blend up a big chunk of pumpkin.
    Add in some other vegies (blended) if you want.
    Blend a block or two of tofu (sounds weird but it gives a creamy texture/flavour.
    Throw in some vegie stock.
    A chopped up onion.

You're done.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Potato Lek Soup-- my new favorite! I made it because I got some leeks in my produce box that's delivered to my house... so this is what I made. It's super delicious and only about 150 cals or so for an 8oz. serving!!
    This recipe makes about 64 oz (8 servings) so cut it in half if that's too much! I use about 1lb. of leeks and 1 lb. of potatoes.... makes a lot. And don't forget to add tabasco (or other hot sauce) to spice it up!! Here's the recipe I entered on MFP, as well as a pic of the yummy soup! Enjoy!!! (right click image to 'view image' in full!)

35n96j7.jpg
    uc2oi.jpg

Saute leeks and chopped onion for 10 min in butter w/ salt & pepper, then put diced potatoes and all liquid in pot. Bring to boil, about 20 mins til potatoes are tender. Add in garlic, parsley, other spices if you want, blend up til smooth. Return to pan, add in tabasco for heat!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love soup and it's fun to make - I love all that chopping! :-)
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yummy. Bump.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Bump i love soup.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Here's one I posted a while ago. I love it, don't add the cornflour to save on cals so it's not thick like traditional Chinese Hot & Sour, and you can vary the vegetables/meat/fish etc. Enjoy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/856255-108-cal-chinese-style-hot-sour-soup-yum?hl=hot+and+sour+soup#posts-12864884
  • sseubers
    sseubers Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting back on my carbs right now and soups can be an excellent way to do that.. so here goes:

* Broccolisoup

In a pan bring to a boil broccoliflorets with a bouilloncube till florets are done (just cooked is fine, you still want to have a little fresh green color). Pour of most of the water/bouillon, but keep a little bit of the bouillon to make the soup more liquid. You can add some chili, garlic or onion to the broccoli (if you don't like those raw, you can add them earlier to the pan) and then puree the whole thing into a soup using the foodprocessor or immersion blender. The puree will be a little thick so add some of the bouillon.

I normally serve this with some chevre/soft goatcheese and some crispy bacon/ham bits on top!

* Chinese tomatosoup

In a big pan add a bouilloncube, some water, a can of chopped tomatoes, a liter of tomatojuice, some garlicpowder, gingerpowder, some sweetener and chilipaste. This is the base of your soup. Yesterday I made it with some mushrooms, bellpeppers, leeks, onion, tauge and white cabbage but that is completely up to you! For more proteine I added a chickenbreast, torn to strips. But you can vary or make it vegetarian by adding little strips of omelet to the bowls when you are serving the soup.
    To cook it down a bit and make it thicker I let it simmer for about 40-45 minutes but that's my taste ofcourse!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I've only made soup a few times, would like to make more. Thanks for posting all of these :)
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Three Cheese Mushroom and Tortellini Soup Skinnytaste.com

Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 138 • Fat: 4 g • Carbs: 19.5 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Protein: 7 g • Sugar: 2.5 g
    Sodium: 605 mg (without added salt)

Ingredients:

2 tsp butter
    2 stalks of celery, chopped
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 carrot, peeled & chopped
    2 cloves of garlic, minced
    8 cups fat free chicken broth (vegetable broth for vegetarians)
    2 cups water
    5 oz ****aki mushrooms, sliced
    8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
    1 small Parmigiano Reggiano rind (optional)
    9 oz three cheese tortellini (Buitoni)
    salt to taste
    1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
    Parmigiano Reggiano, grated (optional for topping)

Directions:

In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. When melted, add the celery, onion, carrot and garlic. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.

Add the chicken broth, water, mushrooms, rind and increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. When broth boils, add salt (to taste) and black pepper; stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, simmer until mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions for al dente.

Once cooked, remove the rind, stir to combine and garnish with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano if desired.

Makes 12 cups
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Do you drain the corn, tomatoes and black beans or put the liquid in? In the soup that has ff refried beans and chicken broth as well...
  • JC767
    JC767 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try this...the numbers are pretty low and the protein is high.

Chicken - Breast, meat only, cooked, roasted, 4 cup, chopped or diced

Chicken - Thigh, meat only, cooked, roasted, 2 cup, chopped or diced

Onion, Vidalia - Onion, Sweet Raw, 1.5 medium

Carrots - Baby Carrots , 1 1/2 Cup

Celery - Raw, 2 cup chopped

Organic Better Than Bouillon - Low Sodium Chicken Soup Base, 6 tsp

Glory - Fresh Kale Greens, 4 cups

Swanson - Chicken Broth Low Sodium 32 oz, 2 container (4 cup (240g) ea.)

The Kale really adds good nutrients...add it just before finishing. With the chicken, consider getting a whole bird (cheaper) and then roasting it at 400 degrees until done. Then peel off the skin and pull the meat when cool. Take the bones and add them to the chicken broth, soup base and water to cover, simmer for :45 minutes...much richer flavor. While that's happening, drain the pan juices and cool so you can seperate the fat away and add back the rest for more flavor.

Pull the bones after :45 and add the veggies and meat. Simmer for :30 and you're done.

For a bit of zing, add a little Sirachi sauce to a serving. For an Asian flavor with the leftovers, add a bit of ginger, some mushrooms and a few boiled shrimp. You can boil them seperately and add them to your serving.