Jamaica

Options
ashdred
ashdred Posts: 95 Member
Hubby and I are planning a trip to Jamaica. We want to attend an all-inclusive resort.
Has anyone been recently? Any suggestions?

Replies

• bubba42511
    Options
    Been 3 times. Suggest Sandals never did us wrong.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i went to some place in montego bay. i forget the name offhand, it was ok. but ive heard good things about sandals
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    We are going in July. My husband has been 3 times and stayed at some resort in Negrile. I'll have to get the name. We are going bold and bare and staying at Hedonism. :smokin:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    went a few years ago and stayed at a "Couples" resort. It was important for us, at the time, that no children be around. I have been to Sandals resorts (I think Couples and Sandals are run by the same company) and they are nice and kid friendly.
  • bubba42511
    Options
    If you fly into Montego Bay. The drive to Ocho Rios is probably the most intresting part of the whole vacation.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    If you fly into Montego Bay. The drive to Ocho Rios is probably the most intresting part of the whole vacation.

Amen to that.
  • sizzle74
    Options

I think my husband has talked about that. Do they stop from time to time and sell Red Stripe beer in the villages and stuff like that?
  • ashdred
    Options
    We are going in July. My husband has been 3 times and stayed at some resort in Negrile. I'll have to get the name. We are going bold and bare and staying at Hedonism. :smokin:

That's when we're going...for our anniversary. *googles* Hedonism
  • bubba42511
    Options
    Oh yeah beer and pot.
  • ashdred
    Options
    went a few years ago and stayed at a "Couples" resort. It was important for us, at the time, that no children be around. I have been to Sandals resorts (I think Couples and Sandals are run by the same company) and they are nice and kid friendly.

I was thinking of an adult-only spot. Our infant says we deserve a break. lol.
  • sizzle74
    Options
    Oh yeah beer and pot.

Thank GOD! I will be able to sleep in Jamaica!!!!
  • sizzle74
    Options
    Ok so he has stayed at Grand Lido. He says good things about it.
  • redjch
    redjch Posts: 18
    Options
    If you have kids and want a great family vacation, both of the FDR resorts are awesome!
  • bubba42511
    Options
    The kid friendly place is Beaches and adults only is Sandals. Ive been to Beaches once and Sandals twice.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Check out groupon, they're doing deals for all inclusive resorts in Jamaica all the time. Some of them are amazing!! If hubby and I weren't building a house and about to gear up for a new mortgage, I would be all over those deals....
  • dbirty
    dbirty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    All inclusive resorts are fine but I always make an effort to interact with the locals as much as I can too. It's a shame to wall them out of your holiday.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

yeah, it was beautiful and shocking at the same time. I never expected to see oxen roaming free. I LOVED walking down a waterfall in that area too.

My only advice--i learned the hard way-- stay in the tourist areas! We made the mistake of going into town to explore and we stuck out like a sore thumb and it was not a good place to be.
  • bubba42511
    Options
    My wife and I actually got married in Jamaica at Sandals Ocho Rios. I told her nothing like getting married at nine and being in the pool drinking by 10.
  • bubba42511
    Options
    Take pleanty of ones for tips. The first time we only had twenties and they didnt take to kindly to not being tipped.
  • bubba42511
    Options
    Do the Blue Mountain tour by bike. It was awesome.