• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Most nights between 11pm and 7am.

For the win.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    What's the point? How much could you possibly lose in 8 hours? Sounds useless to me.

It's not a diet that only lasts 8 hours.The plan says to eat all your calories within an 8 hour time frame.For more info,Google it.

Interesting to me,my critics,that this thread has so many responses.Hmmmm,seems to me others really wanted to know about the "quick fix". Wish I could get half the responses for my weight lifting questions.

I read the same article last night. I agree, some of the posts were a bit judgmental. I actually searched for 8 hour diet today to see what people were saying. I was interested in peoples thoughful opinions on the topic. It was disappointing to see an honest request for feedback turn into such a useless back and forth. I posted a question about a good, simple home routine in weightlifting and got exactly 0 responses. I don't think the book really intends to suggest eating a horrible diet and still lose weight. It may be a good strategy for some people though - like don't eat after 7:00 pm or any other number of strategies that work for some.. The article I read made me think about what I've been doing for the last two years and honestly, the 8 hour diet is how I tend and prefer to eat on vacation and weekends. I just did not know there was any science explaining why that worked for me or anyone else. Guess what, I never feel hungry on the weekends and my best weigh-in day is Monday (after 2 days eating the way I prefer). On the other hand, when I'm eating three meals, a day with a couple of snacks, and trying to spread 1200-1300 calories across 14-16 hours, I'm hungry a lot of the time and I tend to eat more than I do on the weekend when I don't eat my first meal until about 11am (brunch), then at 3:pm (snack or light meal) and then at 7:00 pm (dinner). On the other hand during the work week, I follow the plan everyone says I'm supposed to follow (3 meals and 2-3 snacks) . I'm not hungry at 8am, but I eat then because I'm supposed to. And when I do eat breakfast, I'm still hungry at 11:00, so why not just wait until I'm hungry to eat that first meal.

Perhaps if the OP had actually provided some useful information so that nobody needed to do a Google search to figure out what they were asking about, they would have received more thoughtful opinions on the topic. A vaguely articulated question will not usually solicit much useful feedback.

I asked if anyone tried it.If they did,no explanation is needed.Instead I got a bunch of negative feedback from people who had not heard of it.Thanks for those who have given honest responses to an honest question.That's the kind of support I joined the site for.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    What's the point? How much could you possibly lose in 8 hours? Sounds useless to me.

It's not a diet that only lasts 8 hours.The plan says to eat all your calories within an 8 hour time frame.For more info,Google it.

Interesting to me,my critics,that this thread has so many responses.Hmmmm,seems to me others really wanted to know about the "quick fix". Wish I could get half the responses for my weight lifting questions.

I read the same article last night. I agree, some of the posts were a bit judgmental. I actually searched for 8 hour diet today to see what people were saying. I was interested in peoples thoughful opinions on the topic. It was disappointing to see an honest request for feedback turn into such a useless back and forth. I posted a question about a good, simple home routine in weightlifting and got exactly 0 responses. I don't think the book really intends to suggest eating a horrible diet and still lose weight. It may be a good strategy for some people though - like don't eat after 7:00 pm or any other number of strategies that work for some.. The article I read made me think about what I've been doing for the last two years and honestly, the 8 hour diet is how I tend and prefer to eat on vacation and weekends. I just did not know there was any science explaining why that worked for me or anyone else. Guess what, I never feel hungry on the weekends and my best weigh-in day is Monday (after 2 days eating the way I prefer). On the other hand, when I'm eating three meals, a day with a couple of snacks, and trying to spread 1200-1300 calories across 14-16 hours, I'm hungry a lot of the time and I tend to eat more than I do on the weekend when I don't eat my first meal until about 11am (brunch), then at 3:pm (snack or light meal) and then at 7:00 pm (dinner). On the other hand during the work week, I follow the plan everyone says I'm supposed to follow (3 meals and 2-3 snacks) . I'm not hungry at 8am, but I eat then because I'm supposed to. And when I do eat breakfast, I'm still hungry at 11:00, so why not just wait until I'm hungry to eat that first meal.

Perhaps if the OP had actually provided some useful information so that nobody needed to do a Google search to figure out what they were asking about, they would have received more thoughtful opinions on the topic. A vaguely articulated question will not usually solicit much useful feedback.

I asked if anyone tried it.If they did,no explanation is needed.Instead I got a bunch of negative feedback from people who had not heard of it.Thanks for those who have given honest responses to an honest question.That's the kind of support I joined the site for.

So you really just wanted pages of only "yes" or "no" answers with no other information? That is what your question implies.
  • avababy05
    Options

So you really just wanted pages of only "yes" or "no" answers with no other information? That is what your question implies.

I asked for feedback from those who have tried it.I'm sorry,I seem to have personally offended you in some way.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I do it. Every night when I am sleeping. Seems to be working.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

I asked for feedback from those who have tried it.I'm sorry,I seem to have personally offended you in some way.

No, not at all! I am just suggesting that if you want useful support and feedback that you may want to give a bit more information when asking for people's opinions and input. You did not explain what it was OR ask for feedback, you just asked if anybody had tried it without even explaining what "it" was, and then seemed surprised then the answers were not useful. I am sure you would have had a different experience if you had explained a bit more. I am not offended in any way, I am just offering an explanation as to why you may not have recieved the type of feedback you were seeking
  • avababy05
    Options
    I did receive some useful feedback from those who have tried it.What I wasn't expecting was sarcastic and sometimes cruel responses.I guess it's to be expected on any social media site.