Options
    SAVED!!!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    bumpity
  • deeturner773
    Options
    I made this recipe exactly as posted tonight. I would recommend not changing a thing! I thought 4 eggs would not be enough but I always try a recipe before modifying. Sure glad I did. This was the best with a bit of salsa on the side. I feel stuffed after eating 3 of them. My only question is the what is the best way to chop the spinach after sauteing? I managed to do it with a knife but I think it would have been easier to chop before cooking it.
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    I made this recipe exactly as posted tonight. I would recommend not changing a thing! I thought 4 eggs would not be enough but I always try a recipe before modifying. Sure glad I did. This was the best with a bit of salsa on the side. I feel stuffed after eating 3 of them. My only question is the what is the best way to chop the spinach after sauteing? I managed to do it with a knife but I think it would have been easier to chop before cooking it.

When I made them I did not chop the spinach, just left them the way they were. I didn't read that step til afterwards. They turned out fine for me anyways!
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • paintedladytc2010
    Options
    Sounds delicious! TY
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Mushroom Spinach Egg Cups

64 calories of yummy spinach and mushroom perfection. This isnt diet food...this is just delicious! They heat up great in the microwave in 25 seconds. Perfect for cooking on Sundays and then enjoying on busy weekday mornings.

I just entered this into the MFP recipe and yes it does come to 62 calories per serving. I may have used a different product or something for the 2 calorie difference. They do sound yummy and I think I'll try them. Wonder if they would 'freeze' well?

Thanks for sharing.
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Thank you :)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beatrixkiddo23
    Options
    mmmmmmmm! sounds so yummy!!! thank u for sharing this!
  • tammigee13
    tammigee13 Posts: 18
    Options
    I swear I made this as an egg scramble this morning!! delish! great minds think alike! =)
  • VictoriousMommy
    VictoriousMommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Mushroom Spinach Egg Cups

8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms
    9-10 oz package baby spinach leaves
    4 eggs
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Salt and pepper to taste

Toss the mushrooms and olive oil into a pan. Add a bit of water if needed to cook them until tender. Remove from pan.
    Toss the spinach leaves into the same pan used for mushrooms. Add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until wilted. Squeeze out excess water and chop finely. In a mixing bowl, scramble the four eggs. Add the mushrooms, spinach, cheese and salt and pepper. ( I used 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper but use whatever is good for you. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and portion out into 12 equal servings. Bake in oven on 375 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 3-4 minutes before removing from pan...they come out easier that way.

64 calories of yummy spinach and mushroom perfection. This isnt diet food...this is just delicious! They heat up great in the microwave in 25 seconds. Perfect for cooking on Sundays and then enjoying on busy weekday mornings.

Thanks for the recipe!! :flowerforyou:
  • t5and
    t5and Posts: 3
    Options
    This sounds fabulous. I will make this for my hubby and myself for breakfast. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    going to definately try this.
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    One egg alone is more than 60 cal.
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump