mostly cause I'm bored : ) - pets

Options
124»

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I have 2 adult cats Cassie and Callie, 1 is a tabby moggy and one is a tabby tortie Devon Rex (the ones with curly fur). They are both almost 5.

I just got a new black and white kitten today, he is 7 weeks old and as yet is unnamed, I would like C name like the others but can't find a boys name I like, ideas appreciated :)

Have you looked at a baby name site...those things are awesome. Caleb, Charles, Channing, Carlisle, Casey, Colin, Court...lots of boy names that start with c.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Rayne- Jack Russell Terror

Was this an ACCIDENTAL misspelling of terrier? Or was it an intentional play on words because he's a terror?

Either way it made me lol
    :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Two dogs

Bodi my yellow lab love pup (my avatar) and Kiera the black lab husky crotchitty 10year old female dog. She is all black with one crystal blue eye. Kind of psycho.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Just the 1 dog - a Husky named Tasha :smile: She thinks she's a human.

hehe!!

I have one dog too, Bella, a rottweiler German Shepard mix... She thinks she's a human too. Or a lap dog!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Rayne- Jack Russell Terror

Was this an ACCIDENTAL misspelling of terrier? Or was it an intentional play on words because he's a terror?

Either way it made me lol
    :laugh:

Play on words, she's a terror alright.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I have 3 dogs, collectively known as "The Three Little Pigs"--owing to their propensity for consuming anything that the Yorkshire Terror (yes, I spellled it that way on purpose:laugh: ) manages to steal. They got their name as a result of their "Thanksgiving Caper." I returned home to find the cupboard door ajar, an empty doggie bone bag--with a hole in one end--lying in front of it, and each "little piggie" was enjoying their own bone in the living room. They appeared quite thankful!!:laugh:

My crew is:

Mai Li--An almost 12 year old Lhasa Apso, who came from a shelter. Her momma had a stroke and couldn't keep her. Her name, I am told means "beautiful thing" in Chinese. I am reasonably certain it means "pesky girl" in English!!:bigsmile: Her attitude toward life and anyone in it is "It's MY way, or the highway.":laugh: She still thinks she is "the boss" but the Yorkie has upset the balance of power by doing whatever he pleases.

Pepper--a Shih Tzu who turned 5 in January. He is my spoiled baby boy. I received him as a Christmas gift in 2008, from friends who have a dog breeding business. My original irreplaceable Shih Tzu, Dreyfus, died of cancer in August of 2008, and we all agreed that Mai Li as a "spoiled only girl" was not a good thing, so they gave me Pepper, who I renamed, since I was not about to call a dog "Dave" :noway: which was what he had been named. He should have been called "Houdini" as he managed to exploit a weakness in my backyard fence that my other dogs had ignored for all the time I have lived here. He is a spoiled baby boy "lap dog"

Bradley--a 13 years "young" gentleman Yorkie. He came to me as a result of a good friend's MIL dying. She had 3 Yorkies. The other two 15 year old geriatric cases live with my friend and her dog, who was their littermate, so she has THREE elderly Yorkies to take care of. Bradley is extremely active, especially for his age. Takes walks for an hour at a time with no signs of slowing down. LOVES to get into things that don't belong to him--especially edible things, and sometimes things that he thinks "ought" to be edible!!:laugh: I think he may be part goat!!!:laugh:

He also has a love affair with my kitchen garbage can--a large one with a lid, that he likes to tip over if I am not at home and then spread the contents all over the floor.:devil: Thus, my kitchen garbage can "lives" behind the closed bathroom door when I am out, along with anything else he isn't supposed to get into.

All three of my piglets have an affinity for Orowheat Sandwich Thins, which they will scarf down with great enthusiasm. I imagine they are even tastier when stolen from my work totebag or knocked off the kitchen counter by my little Yorkshire Terrorist/acrobat.

All three of these guys are "momma's babies" and I think they have me well-trained!!!:bigsmile: Whenever I sit down to use my laptop, I have Bradley in the chair on my right side, and Pepper laying on my left thigh--which leaves me to balance the computer on my right thigh and make frequent use of spellcheck!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 wonderful cats. Picture in my profile. Floyd is an orange tabby, Dee Dee is a brown tabby and Sylvia is a grey torti calico. I'm so greatful they all get along so well and are (for the most part) well behaved. I have a little deck off of my 2nd story apartment and they love going out there now that the weather has warmed up. They are so cute! They play together, nap together, bathe together, and I especially love watching them fight with eachother. They are quite entertaining.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    2 big dogs that I just love-love!

Lady Mac Beth - a.k.a "Macabee" 90-lb Catahoula Blue Muele (We mama everyone else in the house) TEXAS CUR DOG
    &
    Miss Daisy Storm - a.k.a . Stinky, Digger, Dopey, Fatty, Cream Puff, Softy, Baby Seal, Chopper, Chapulina, Bunny, Angel Wings (whatever suits her Heinz 57 personality-of-the-day)...but I just call her Twinki, 'cause she looks like one...all 80 pounds of her
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    5 pets total - 3 dogs & 2 cats:

Bruno - Mini Dachshund - black & tan smooth
    Gigi - Mini Dachshund - chocolate dapple longhair
    Otto - Mini Dachshund - black & cream dapple longhair

Bogey - orange tabby shorthair
    Zoey - chocolate point Siamese

Needless to say, we don't have children & no plans to have any.
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    One cat - Ace, who yesterday brought a live squirrel into my diningroom. I got it away from him and took it to the vet. I have had more than one talk with Ace about indoor toys and outdoor toys and he still doesn't get it!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    2 big dogs that I just love-love!

Lady Mac Beth - a.k.a "Macabee" 90-lb Catahoula Blue Muele (We mama everyone else in the house) TEXAS CUR DOG
    &
    Miss Daisy Storm - a.k.a . Stinky, Digger, Dopey, FattyCake, Cream Puff, Softy, Baby Seal, Chopper, Chapulina, Bunny,
    Angel Wings (whatever suits her Heinz 57 personality-of-the-day)...but I just call her Twinki, 'cause she looks like one...all 80 pounds of her

The eldest son is back home & back in college, so he makes the 3rd kid & his dog makes the 3rd...
    Hide-n-Zeek - a.k.a. Zeeky 40lb Bazenji........craziest creature I've ever seen! He oughta be a cat with his personality!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    <
    Lucky (my dalmatian and the love of my life...don't tell hubby LOL) I love this dog like you can't possibly believe.

I also have a wolf, Tahoe. Yes, a real wolf. I love her but I tell everyone DON'T do it. They are EXTREMELY destructive as pups and most people would not want to put up with it, which is why there are so many wolf rescues. She is my first and will be my last wolf.

I have four cats, or as my hubby likes to joke, 3 5/8 cats. How can you have 3 5/8 cats?

Well my angel Jacob has only 2 legs, his front legs are missing (birth defect). So he's a half of a cat LOL. He is the king of the house and we like to say...where does a two legged cat sleep? ANYWHERE he wants!!!!!!

Then I have Martini (AKA Bug) who is missing his back left foot (also birth defect) So he is 3/4 of a cat, LOL. He loves to play fetch with his toys and will do it until you take away the toy (hey I have to sleep sometimes) He is pure white with golden eyes.

Then there is Romeo, a tuxedo wearing Maine coon/mix. Affectionate and VOCAL (and a full four legged cat). He is the proud swishy owner of the loveliest bushy tail.

Last kitty baby is the Kitten. She is only 6 lbs, she was taken from her Mama too soon and she is permanently tiny because of it. As a girl cat, she is a total snob and you may only touch her if SHE decides. Otherwise, if you reach out for her, POOF she's gone. Also a full four legged cat. She has thick luscious grey fur like seal fur.

So 1+1+1/2+3/4=3 3/8 cats HA:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I also have a fat-tailed gecko named Gandhi (cause he's a little brown guy who refused to eat voluntarily for the first year I had him) I finally got his cage temp/humidity all straightened out and he now happily gobbles up crickets, as he should.