S/O's friend is ALWAYS coming over without asking. Advice?

Options

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Get your own place and invite your boyfriend over.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    OP is 18

/end thread.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen. Haha
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I guess you guys could hang out at your place instead? If I were you, I'd just discuss with the boyfriend though.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    OP is 18

/end thread.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen. Haha

I didnt realize age had anything to do with it, or the point of this thread.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    LOL love the two boys are better than one.

i have a similar situation but i'm married so the house is just as much mine (if not more) i just told his freind if he is going to show up unannounced he is required to bring me a six pack of delicious beer. Its worked out pretty good so far.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Tell your boyfriend how you feel. You boyfriend needs to tell his friend to call or text to see if it is ok for him to come over or if you guys are busy. He shouldn't just show up.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    1. Don't put your relationship problems on the internet for a bunch of strangers to comment on. They don't know you, him or what's really going on. Also, a relationship should be between two people..not two people and everyone else who has an opinion. Plus, I think your SO would probably be pissed.

2. Learn about communication. It's one of the most important things in a relationship. This means instead of talking to everyone else about something - talk to him. Even if it is frustrating, keep talking because no one but the two of you are going to be able to resolve your relationship issues.

3. You may say that this isn't a relationship issue but it is.

4. Again, don't ever put your relationship problems on the internet unless you are just looking for reasons to break up with someone, trying to encourage people to side with you on a situation even if you are presenting the situation in a biased way, or you just want attention.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    OP is 18

/end thread.

'nuff said.
  • mitch356356
    Options
    Move along , nothing to see here
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    if he keeps coming over...then your S/O hasn't told him to GTFO....

so it seems to me your S/O is ok with him being over.....

it's not your house, you don't get to make the rules.

He just doesn't want to be mean.
    He has admitted that his friend is "boring"

^^Just because someone knocks or rings the bell doesn't mean you have to answer it. Its not a summons. OR...open the door in lingerie and tell the friend that your b/f is not available ::wink wink::.
  • BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Id just distract him from his friend and head to the bedroom. His friend can keep playing the game or watching the movie who cares. Besides better to have them at your bf's place then out who knows where possibly getting into trouble lol.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    He wants a threesome?
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I would just talk to your boyfriend about it first... Have his friend shoot him a text message before heading over...On the flip side, have you tried to spend any time with his friends? Maybe if you suggest that the 3 of you go out together for a little while you can get to know your boyfriends friends... I personally love my boyfriends buddies, we all hang out, they are a lot of fun! If they want to do a guys night the wives/girlfriends just hang out together. Just some ideas.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    a_frame_fig1.jpg
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Talk to him about it.

Why is open communication such a foreign concept, idgi. If something is weirding you out or making you uncomfortable, talk about it.

open and honest communication?! Get outta here!

Along those lines, I say tell your boyfriend that you want to spend more time alone with him. Or get your own life so you don't care anymore. Or suck it up & deal.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    OP is 18

/end thread.

Yep. When I was 18 I thought I had to be with my boyfriend 24/7 including sitting around watching him play Xbox with his friends.

Get up and do something else. Leave. Call a friend to hang out.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    two boys are better than one - - - embrace it (and yes, i mean that literally)

Yes, this!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    1. Don't put your relationship problems on the internet for a bunch of strangers to comment on. They don't know you, him or what's really going on. Also, a relationship should be between two people..not two people and everyone else who has an opinion. Plus, I think your SO would probably be pissed.

2. Learn about communication. It's one of the most important things in a relationship. This means instead of talking to everyone else about something - talk to him. Even if it is frustrating, keep talking because no one but the two of you are going to be able to resolve your relationship issues.

3. You may say that this isn't a relationship issue but it is.

4. Again, don't ever put your relationship problems on the internet unless you are just looking for reasons to break up with someone, trying to encourage people to side with you on a situation even if you are presenting the situation in a biased way, or you just want attention.

^^ This.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Give Gary and your hubby my number. I know a few places we can go party without the women in their lives putting their personal business on the internet
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    When I was 18-24 if we needed to "call/text ahead" before stopping over to any of our friends houses....I don't know if I could have afforded the bill.

That's all us guys did. We always had guys and girls showing up unannounced to our place.

Big Whoop. If my girfriend was there, I'd say...I'm busy (hint).