Not loosing at all, need help!!!

I'm frustrated today, it seams what ever I do I don't loose anything. I'm working out now for 6 month, most of the time 5 times a week with 30 min cardio and 30 min weight training. I watch what I eat staying in my 1200 calorie diet most of the time and nothing. I get down to 142 once a month and get back up to 145.

I'm 45 years, 5'2 tall and weigh 145 like to get to at least 130.

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Your diary is private so it's really hard to tell what you're doing. Are you logging everything you eat? Do you measure your food carefully? Most people overestimate their portion sizes...
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Hi, same here..re your diary. Eat more unprocessed food and make sure you are eating fruits and veggies.
    You need to track very carefully, and let us have a look!
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    okay you are not eating enough....eat back some of your exercise cals...I think they will give you at least 400 for what you are doing...
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    to add to the others.... watch your sodium
  • Kauaiartist
    Kauaiartist Posts: 86 Member
    do you switch up the type of cardio you do? good to mix it up - body gets used to same routines - take some classes perhaps, zumba, kickboxing etc.? If you are going to a gym - highly recommend hiring a great trainer even once a week even just for a month if you can - they can help you figure out what's going on and what will work best for your body type. I am assuming you have had a recent check-up by your doctor to make sure there is nothing chemically going on that is holding you back. watch the carbs and sugars - I really make an effort not to eat any processed food - nothing canned (except canned tomatoes once in awhile) - lots of fresh veggies, proteins - fish, chicken, tofu - best of luck!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    If you truly want this to work, you need to educate yourself. Everyone, at some point or another, gets to the place where you are and looks for answers.

Some choose to listen to the science behind the way your body works. They take the scary steps of eating more and are rewarded with progress.

I hope that is you, and if it is, read and re-read this link until you understand it, and FOLLOW the directions. It's worth it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    With a lot of love I say this...ditch the 1200 calorie diet and ditch the word diet! This is why you're not successful!

I'm sending FR now...
  • gela5
    gela5 Posts: 6 Member
    I just changed my setting to puplic. Thanks for all your tips.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    1200 cals is definitely not enough!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Change up how much you are eating. Most days you are netting well below 1200 calories. You need more than that.

Also, track your sodium... and eat more fresh foods instead of shakes, bars and proceeded stuff. Have different food for breakfast and lunch besides a bar and a shake.

Switch up your exercise... change the length of time you exer cise, intensity, what you do, etc.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    If you truly want this to work, you need to educate yourself. Everyone, at some point or another, gets to the place where you are and looks for answers.

Some choose to listen to the science behind the way your body works. They take the scary steps of eating more and are rewarded with progress.

I hope that is you, and if it is, read and re-read this link until you understand it, and FOLLOW the directions. It's worth it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

^^this! I'm also 5'2 and I started out at 155lbs and I currently weigh in at 121. I was at 1200 for a very long time, over a year, and I just changed it to 1600 and have started to lose a bit. For me I'm more about getting definition and losing inches.

Best of luck on your journey and feel free to send me a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • Try stepping up your cardio by walking on a steep incline. Walking at 10-15% incline at 3.0 for an hour will burn you some major calories and help if you have bad knees. It also feels easier because you're not wearing yourself out jogging, but keeps your heart rate up. I typically switch it up every 5 minutes between 10-15% to confuse your muscles a bit. Hope this helped!
  • you're not eating enough
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    I'm frustrated today, it seams what ever I do I don't loose anything. I'm working out now for 6 month, most of the time 5 times a week with 30 min cardio and 30 min weight training. I watch what I eat staying in my 1200 calorie diet most of the time and nothing. I get down to 142 once a month and get back up to 145.

I'm 45 years, 5'2 tall and weigh 145 like to get to at least 130.

Maybe its because you want to lose. Not loose
  • Maybe you should adjust your caloric intake and continue your daily exercise routine. You have to burn more calories than you eat to lose weight and right now it sounds like you're just maintaining your weight at this point. So they're adjustments you have make.
  • That is really weird to not lose on 1200 cals. Maybe you aren't counting properly? Weigh and measure everything
  • Just from looking at todays diary, you earned extra calories to eat and you didn't, you have 800 calories remaining, eat them!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Just from looking at todays diary, you earned extra calories to eat and you didn't, you have 800 calories remaining, eat them!

:drinker: lucky you!