Books: Are you reading anything?

Options
lseed87
lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
I'm currently reading the Harry Potter series. I read the first one when it came out but now I'm getting into the other ones. I'm on the 5th book now :D

Replies

• ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    I want to finish a book I started awhile back, but can't find.
    It's called After by amy efaw.

google it and read the info. (:
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "Mini Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella, it is the last book in the Shopaholic series.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

I've read After. It was a pretty good YA title. I just finished Almost Famous by Joan Bauer and Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. I'mm currently reading The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine, Reached by Alli Condie, and Broken Harbor by Tana French.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i'm currently reading my sister's keeper! it's so good!
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options

I've read After. It was a pretty good YA title. I just finished Almost Famous by Joan Bauer and Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. I'mm currently reading The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine, Reached by Alli Condie, and Broken Harbor by Tana French.

I'm a sucker for the YA books. but I usually read dean koontz or stephen king.

A good book is beauty queen, and another is 13 reasons why.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading a series by Janet Evanovich about a woman that becomes a bounty hunter...albeit a bumbling one. She always gets her man though. I'm on the fifth book.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Why Unicorns Don't Get Ulcers
    Practical Programming
    Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism v6
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Rebecca by Daphne duMaurier

For the MILLIONTH time. It's falling apart :P
  • RachelDenise30
    RachelDenise30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Mockingjay which is the third in the Hunger Games books.

The best thing I've read in awhile was The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. BADASS Series!!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Making my way through Atlas Shrugged. I try to read the books of people I despise.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used to read all the time, but now its hard to find time. I'm taking care of my grandkids, running an insurance agency, working as a personal trainer, keeping up with my house and trying to fit in workouts. I recently started buying audio books. I can listen while I'm doing other stuff. Its not exactly reading, but I'm listening to Wicked right now.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    The first Game of Thrones book and The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald.
  • ambermarlenex
    Options
    I'm currently reading the Harry Potter series. I read the first one when it came out but now I'm getting into the other ones. I'm on the 5th book now :D

me too! i'm on The Order of the Phoenix! just started them in December. love them. don't know why I didn't read them as a kid!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Rereading Vampire Academy, and EXCELLENT series! And just finished a series about the Napolean War-ish era, but with an Aerial Corps consisting of dragons XD
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options

I'm a sucker for the YA books. but I usually read dean koontz or stephen king.

A good book is beauty queen, and another is 13 reasons why.

I read hundreds of YA books a year because I teach middle school and I have an extensive classroom library. I push books into kids' hands. I love Thirteen Reasons Why and also Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Both books should be required reading for teens.
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading a series by Janet Evanovich about a woman that becomes a bounty hunter...albeit a bumbling one. She always gets her man though. I'm on the fifth book.

The Stephanie Plum series!!

I'm currently reading Divergent/Insurgent by Veronica Roth. :)
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    The Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry.
    I highly recommend Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Hilarious.
    Bonk by Mary Roach (the science of sex research) side splitting
    Anything by Charlaine Harris
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options

I love this series. Every time I read it, I find something new that I missed the last time. I know I have read the series at least three times, and books 1-4 probably 7 or so times. I retread each as the new one came out every two years. I remember reading 1-5 while pregnant with my oldest. He is almost 12- and since I have read the series to both our boys and again over Christmas break this year. I love her writing in this series.

"Casual Vacancy" tho? Meh- not impressed. It was depressing.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Making my way through Atlas Shrugged. I try to read the books of people I despise.

LOL!

For people who like YA, i just read an amazing book called My Book of Life By Angel by Martine Leavitt. It's gorgeous and shattering and very dark.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It is so good, I highly recommend it.

I'm also reading the New Rules of Lifting for Women