Books: Are you reading anything?

Options

Replies

• Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I just picked up the First Anna Pigeon series book by Nevada Barr. We shall see....

@Petstorekitty, Anna Pigeon rocks! The first book is not quite as good as all the rest. You can tell Nevada Barr was still getting her bearings while writing it. If you end up liking Anna, don't miss Susan Witting Albert's Chyna Bayles series or Sara Paretsky's VI Warshowski books ( Don't judge VI by the horrid movie they made in the 80s)
  • staryful7
    staryful7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am ready like 2 now, You have no Idea by Vanessa Williams( I really like it. I already love her, so good to find out her story). And Attorney Client Privileage by Pamela Samuels Young. I like mystery books and this one has a litte bit of humor. I have to finish both for book club. Then I need to start Defending Jacob by William Landay. After that next book is Night by Elie Wiesal.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The Death Cure, third in The Maze Runner series from James Dashner. although now there is a prequel too so is it still a trilogy? :wink:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Re-reading Cat's Cradle,by Kurt Vonnegut.
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    I just finished The Host by Stephenie Meyers. It was good! I guess they are making it into a movie that will be out this spring or summer?

I love the book not sure about the film though, if its anything like any of the twilights it's going to be completely different xx
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz

don't know if you will see this but I certainly wonder what you think of it? I tried to get into it but put it away for a while. I just could not get myself to want to read it. Liked the first two, the third was *meh* and this one...well I just don't know.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I just finished 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn. It was riveting and frightening and dysfunctional. Loved it!

Before that, I read 'A Discovery of Witches' and 'Shadow of Night' by Deborah Harkness. Those books were fun and easy. If you like a blend of supernatural and real history, they're good reads. I can't wait 'til the third one comes out.

I also just read 'The Forgotten Garden' by Kate Morton. It was engrossing and kept me guessing as it moved back and forth from character to character through time.

The 'Cousins War' series by Philippa Gregory was enjoyable too - basically an account of the War of the Roses from a female point of view.
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Marianne Keys The Holiday its really good

but then all of the Marianne Keys books are great
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For class:
    Leviathan-- Scott Westerfeld (although, this could be considered fun)
    Gothic Tales-- Elizabeth Gaskell

When I have fun reading time:
    Soul Music-- Terry Pratchett (Came in a package from my boyfriend today!)
    The first book in the Hallowmere series (Can't think of the name right now)-- Tiffany Trent
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading "Tribes" by Seth Godin and "The Gabriel Method" by Jon Gabriel. Just finished "The Kind Diet" by Alicia Silverstone...Good stuff!!! :D
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson.

My goal is to read at LEAST 1 book a month. I love reading, I just never make the time for it.

I have a goodreads account and i put in 100 books for the year... only done seven so far.

In my goodreads 2013 challenge, I'm at 21 of 150. I read on my treadmill.

I love goodreads! Its what made me want to start reading again!

I really wish I had a treadmill, I would seriously walk on that thing and read for days!!!

Same here! *wants a treadmill* my goodreads is actually the same username i have on here.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz

Me too. I adore the Odd series.
  • lseed87
    Options
    I'm actually reading Twilight again.... *blush*
    I'm a hopeless romantic okay?

Just finished Stephen King's Under The Dome though. Love Stephen King.

Good book. I love Maine and usually go up near where it was plotted from lol. I wonder how the CBS adaptation of Under the Dome will be like.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Gathering Storm: Wheel of Time" by Robert Jordan and his son. This is book 11. Unfortunately I finished book 12 before I realized I didn't read book 11! Grrrrr. Now I have to wait to read the ending book.
  • lseed87
    Options
    The Time Traveler's Wife!! So good... and since it's broken up into so many little episodes or chapters, it's so easy to pick up when I have a few minutes.

Good book! Not really crazy about the film though
  • lseed87
    Options
    Currently reading Arnold Schwarzenegger's biography. Quite entertaining.

Didn't know he had one out. I would assume it would be entertaining XD
  • lseed87
    Options
    Currently reading The Life of Pi. I like to read the books before watching the movie.

I got half way through it. Just wasn't so appealing to me. Not even sure where my copy of it is anymore. Perhaps i might read it again if i find it... The movie seems ok, haven't watched it yet either.
  • lseed87
    Options
    Nothing right now. Last book I read was The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It's a beautiful book. Just the right amount of happiness and sadness.
    Next I want to read A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same author.

Both good books! Happy reading :D
  • lseed87
    Options
    I'm reading "The Help" right now. I finished "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed and "Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson a few weeks ago. Loved both of them! "Catch-22" is next on the list...

I really enjoyed The Help. It was so much better reading the book and then watching the movie to see if it had any changes.. pretty straight on which was good.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Help" right now. I finished "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed and "Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson a few weeks ago. Loved both of them! "Catch-22" is next on the list...

I really enjoyed The Help. It was so much better reading the book and then watching the movie to see if it had any changes.. pretty straight on which was good.

I read that book in a day and a half. Really good.