Running with boobs...help!

Options

Replies

• NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    the other thing I have done -though only when I am on my treadmill or at home - I wear my champion sports bra and then a sport tank with shelf bra that is a size too small -- nothing moves though its skin tight so when its warmer out its to hot to wear outside with a t-shirt over it.

I second this. I've never had a huge problem running with my boobs. When I first got into running, I was a 34D. Not exactly huge, but sometimes when I started my TOM they would be tender and any bouncing was painful. A well constructed, snug fitting cami with a shelf bra does wonders to help hold everything in.

I also ride horses, and being atop one of those things can be far worse for your boobs than running (like it you're riding a demon pony from hell with the bounciest trot you've ever encountered). You have the advice of an entire equestrian team that doubling up on sports bras coupled with a shelf bra cami does wonders.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Get a tighter, thicker sports bra. I am a 38DD and I found a sports bra at Kohl's that's thick and tight, holds those ladies in place nicely. Otherwise you can always try wearing a regular bra, then a sports bra over that. I did that when I was heavier/had bigger boobs than I do now.
  • sariannach
    Options
    I've had good luck with the Champion double-dry sports bras that are made for extra support, and no underwire. I wear a 34D and absolutely hate underwire bras, they hurt me anyway! (I also recommend the Barely There line, I think from Bali? No underwire regular bras with reasonable support, and under $20 even if you pay full price.)
  • catmarto
    catmarto Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a 36DDD and after trying hundreds of sports bras, I can attest that the sports bra made by Wacoal is amazing and holds me totally and completely in place no matter what I do.

http://www.wacoal-america.com/shop/wacoal-bras/sport/wacoal-sport-underwire-bra_855170.html?index=2&searchCategoryId=10070&totalResults=3&displayMarkdownsOnly=false
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra that's probably too small for me and awkwardly hold my arms under my boobs like a T-rex.

I don't recommend this, though.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DD and I swear by the Moving Comfort Rebound Racer. It keeps the girls strapped in and it's adjustable. I paid over $50 for mine, but it was worth every penny.
  • Debbiesue37
    Debbiesue37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been a runner with big boobs for years. I find the most comfortable thing to do is wear an expensive well made cotton or cotton blend sports bra next to my skin. One with regular straps . I wear a stretchier sports bra with cups over the first bra, one that has a t or racer back, that way your distributing the load a little more evenly. I have lots of brands,, want to try the wacoal and the under armor next! Good luck
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    Have you looked at Lululemon bras? I think they have something for runners to keep the girls in place.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    Funny (to me) story. One of my girlfriends has a big chest and wears those camisoles with a built in bra. She was riding a horse with a trainer, and when she went to dismount and bent over, her girls fell out and hit him in the face. She was mortified.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm a 34 I i run with ONE bra. i run sprints with 1 bra. you all need to buy your athletic gear at ATHLETIC shops, not victorias secret, walmart's etc. :laugh:

there's like 3 really good varieties for me at my size and 30 for those in the D-DDD range.

check under armor, moving comfort, champion, goddess, shock absorber, freya, elomi, etc. all of these make excellent sports bras. and once again stop trying to look for athletic stuff in non-athletic places
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    I use to have the same issue. But I bought one of those boxing sports bras and they are amazing!! keeps everything in place when running.
  • alaskanaomi
    Options
    http://enell.com/

AWESOME sports bra for bigger boobs. Keeps 'em secure, but doesn't make them look like one big giant boob. Plus they kind of make you look like a superhero.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    HOW ARE YOUR BOOBS GETTING BIGGER?!?!

I do the double bra, the top one has to be a really tight compression bra. If either bra bothers/chafes, try lubing up with bodyglide in those areas, it's a miracle product.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra with skins/ compression top over it. I find it helps heaps.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42H and I have to wear a regular underwire bra with a sports bra over it. :grumble:
  • winterswish
    Options
    there are some for larger chested women they just usually cost more and are a bit harder to find - most of the sports stores around me don't carry them (I guess they expect everyone who is active to be under a size L)
    Moving Comfort is a great on with a couple of different styles the Fiona and Juno are ones I have heard the most about

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Sports-Bras/sportsbras,default,sc.html?prefn1=cupsize&prefv1=D

the other thing I have done -though only when I am on my treadmill or at home - I wear my champion sports bra and then a sport tank with shelf bra that is a size too small -- nothing moves though its skin tight so when its warmer out its to hot to wear outside with a t-shirt over it.

I wear a 42G. Hands down the best sports bra I've ever found is Moving Comfort's Fiona. I don't have to double-up with another bra, or put on a tight shirt or shift it constantly. I put it on, adjust the straps (so nice! they're adjustable from the front) and get to work.

This is not a pretty, lift and separate bra. This is a smash 'em down and shove 'em out bra. But if you've got weight in your chest, this bra can handle it. I know REI carries it up to a certain size if there is a local store near you.
  • okrockon
    Options
    DD here, I wear a sports bra with a racer back a size down, and a compression top with a built-in shelf bra over that for running, it does the trick. :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I solve this problem by not running, just walking. at an incline if necessary and faster but not running.
  • Julieott1
    Options
    I have also tried nearly every bra out there. Then I found these: http://enell.com best ever. Worth every penny. Mine last for years and years through regualr washing and tumble drying — even if they don't recommend it. You won't bounce, or jiggle. At all. You can also get them at http://www.titlenine.com. See y'all out on the trails!