Running with boobs...help!

Options

Replies

• debbieruth
    Options
    I wear a sports bra, and then double up with a yoga shirt with a built in bra...seems to work for me:)
  • ashleypeha
    Options
    I think it was on Dr. Oz or something where I saw if you have this problem you should buy a sports bra that is a size smaller than you usually would buy. So Im a 38 DD and I used to buy them in XL because it was more comfortable. So recently I went and bought a size L in a nike bra...and let me tell you it has made a world of difference!!! Those puppies stay right where I put them! It might feel a little bit uncomfortable at first, but you will get use to the feeling really fast! Its so much better than doubleing up on the bra!!!
  • WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Under Armour makes a GREAT sports bra for those of us with boobs.

It's called the Women's Armour sports bra. I tried to link to some reviews, but it's at a sporting goods store whose name is cendored on MFP.

I physically could not go on a run until I found these, because nothing else tamed the flopping :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i would disagree with dr. oz about wearing bra sizes too small unless you're doing low impact stuff.

i've tried that with high impact stuff and you have to keep in mind how the straps are made and if they are made to handle the amount of boobage you put in. generally speaking, the bigger you are in breast volume the bigger straps you will need when you do high impact stuff to avoid the straps digging into your skin. i've had several instances where i wore a bra that was too small to run in and ended up with broken skin on my shoulder:frown: :frown:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I discovered this by accident: A stretchy top can also help hold you up. Just make sure you have a good bra, too.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Just checking if the OP came back to tell how her boobs got bigger with the same band size....

Nope? Ok I'll check back later.

OP i wearing VS bras so it's possible she's not wearing the right size bra anyway.

VS is notorious for giving people the wrong bra size if they dont fit in their sizes for instance i wear 34I/J depending on the bra which of course VS doesn't sell. they measured me as a 40DD and tried to sell me bras. never mind the fact that the band was too big and their remedy for fixing my boobs being lower than my band was by pulling the straps to the shortest position :laugh:
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For those of you who wear the Fiona bra, do you buy your regular size? How do these run? I'm between a 36DD and a 38DD, depending on the bra.
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    I am struggling and getting really discouraged :( I have lost 25 lbs in the last like 6 months but in the same amount of time I have gone up from a 36C to barely fitting into a 36D. I am finally able to run and I am training for a half marathon but my boobs are always in my way. I have bought several different sports bras and none seem to help...

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good bra?

And please don't tell me to look into surgery because that is not an option for me.

Try bravissimo. I always get my bras from there. and I love them.
    http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/#/1?level=1&show=16&sort=1&exclusive=false&new=false&sale=false
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber sports bras. They're second to none. British brands are MUCH better for larger busts than American ones.
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    36DD, 5'2, 159 lbs here. :)

My go to is pretty much anything from Moving Comfort but I have to admit that the good old regular sports bras that Target sells in bright colors (can't recall brand... maybe Champion?) actually work pretty darn good. The straps are a bit thin so if I'm running more than 3 miles I opt for the other but for my smaller runs I generally use the Target ones so as to save wear and tear on the expensive Moving Comforts.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Same here, but my stomach also hurts when jumping.
    I have a lot of loose skin holding a lot of weight, from having a 10lb baby.
    I'm 224 in a 38G. :/
    Bumping to read advice later...
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am still working on this one! It sucks having the girls in the way. I haven't found the ideal bra yet, but I just power through it and run with my 36Fs. I've heard the Shock Absorber is really good, so I'm going to try that next. Body Rock is also supposed to have some great ones. When you have a larger chest, it is generally better to do a little reasearch and find ones that come in actual bra sizes and not s,m,l,xl because your cup size is just outside of the norm. Make sure the band is tight on whatever you get because that is the part that actually gives the most support.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    My trainer suggested 'strapping those suckers down'. =B
  • scorpie690
    Options
    Bump. Definitely need to come back to this... ; )
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    OP - at your size, I would recommend Lululemon. Worth every penny.

And seriously, at that size (or mine), if you need more than one bra, it's the wrong bra.
  • EdwarddeVere
    Options
    Boobs always run away from me :(
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Hello,

I was previously an "e" and had a reduction when I was 18 - it did help drastically however, it's not the answer for everyone, particularly if you're still losing weight.

Reassuringly, I ran a half marathon last May 2012 and did just fine. I recommend two Under Armour bra's - the one with the zipper in the front is great for larger chested ladies, only concern is if it is TOO tight the zipper will come down. They also have another bra specific for the size. Great bra, adjustable straps, however, not racerback which I don't really like, but good bra. I also have a Victoria Secret bra - LOVE it. Fave. It does up in the back but is racer back. Mega sexy bra.

Aside from that, you may find help with the LuluLemon Ta ta Tamer. GREAT bra. I'm a 36DD and I find it's a little snug and so not as comfy, but if it was a little bigger, woudl be perfect.

A tip, you will need to pay for a good bra. It's totally worth it.
  • Nettie96fb
    Options
    two bras, a good sports bra and tight fitting crop top to hold everything in place, that's what I use :) good luck
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    What type of sports bra are you wearing? I find that anything that's not considered high impact is too bouncy. Make sure you aren't just getting a run of the mill sports bra. I always test mine in the fitting room by jumping up and down and running in place. I might look crazy, but I'm not about to spend $50.00 on a sports bra that sucks.
  • KittenTikka
    Options
    I have the same issue at 215lbs i have larger boobs and it is awful trying to run. I have to wear a normal bra with underwire and then a sports bra over it. The underwire can get uncomfortable but it is the only way i can control the "bounce" so to say. Would love a better solution if anyone has one though.

Same here...underwire with sports bra over. But the underwire doesn't seem to bother me.

Same here - no issues with the underwire either.

Berlei make the "Shock Absorber" sports bra which is good at keeping everything under control lol