To Coffee or not to Coffee

Options
1235»

Replies

• rluedtke
    Options
    With half & half. But I'm going to try to get it with just a touch of milk this year.

I used to use sugar, then splenda. Cut out the splenda last year and can't STAND it sweet anymore.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have slowly reduced the sugar and cream I take in my Tim Horton's coffee. Used be double double, then I tried 2 cream, 1 sugar, now I take 1 cream, 1/2 a sugar. Each time I cut back, I don't especially like the coffee, but I find I do get used to it. Then if I accidentally get a double double, I find it too sweet! Next, I will cut back to 1/2 cream, 1/2 sugar.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Over ice with skim milk and 2 tbsp vanilla creamer (sweet enough). At least one of those a day, most days two. 80 kcals of deliciousness that gets me from "don't talk to me" to "oh hai it's a new day how u doin?"
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with this myself. I LOVE LOVE LOVE CoffeeMate creamer in my coffee! However, lookIng at the calories of it I HAD to switch. It would take up anywhere from 200 to 400 calories in a day, depending on how creamy I mixed it. I immediately switched to Soy and coconut creamers, which are decent alternatives to cut calories and still give flavor. That cut the calories in my morning routine in about half while still feeling like I was getting my fix.

Now I just drink it black using flavor coffees. I tried the Stivia stuff and others, but I like the Hazelnut or Snickerdoodle flavors enough black I din't need anything more. Really frees up calories for the day so I can eat.
  • sonny368
    Options
    Addicted to coffee no way...I add semiskimmed milk 2 cups per day otherwise i don't make it!! ahahah
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Did someone say coffee? I work nights so I take mine in an IV with 1 tbls non-dairy creamer and one Splenda about 10 calories.
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    good fresh ground beans - brewed using cold filtered water

16 oz of coffee
    1 tbsp half & half
    1 pump of torani sugar free vanilla syrup
    1 packet of splenda
    a sprinkle of cinnamon

about 25ish calories (i don't measure the cinnamon so it can vary)

I will not give up my daily coffee :drinker:
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    10 - 12 oz coffee w/2 oz warm 1% milk & 1/8 tsp peppermint extract. Delicious. I'm going to start experimenting with other extract flavors. I cannot drink plain black coffee - imo ewww. Tried training myself to do it, just couldn't.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Three dessertspoonsful of double cream and no sugar please....mmmm....mmmm....140 calories...I only have one of these per day if it fits me macros...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I drink it with a splash of milk.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have one cup a day with half & half. I can't drink it any other way.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I add a SPLASH unsweetened soy milk but i don't add the calories for it... when I say a splash it's really a tbsp! I also add a tsp of Agave (15 cal)... very sweet and 100% natural!