Still ugly

Options
Whenever I used to think about loosing weight I used to think it would automatically just make me beautiful, it has taken me to this year to realize even if I do lose weight I will still be ugly, I'll just have a better body. When I say it has taken me up until this year to realize that I didn't mean that I used to think I was beautiful, because I most certainly didn't, I jut always expected loosing weight to make me pretty when it wont.

No replies needed, just venting.

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    if that's you in the pic, I think you're stunning. I had a similar feeling about myself a while back then a friend told me she wished i saw myself through other peoples eyes, so i started trying, and now i own my imperfect looks and love them. You are not ugly, my love. don't be so harsh on yourself.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I agree with above post, if that is you in the pic then you are beautiful!
  • NRLMMeynendonckx
    Options
    Ugly would be the last word I would use to describe you. You are gorgeous. You have very dark eyes, which looks mysterious. You have very pretty shiny hair. You're face looks very symmetrical from what I can see on your pic.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    We all have bits we don't like, but you're NOT ugly (believe me, I've seen some ugly people round here so i can judge:wink::laugh: ). When you reach your goal weight why not try one of those photo sessions where you get all made up?
  • sarah197436
    Options
    your far from ugly .... but i know how you feel about yourself because i think the same , chin up chick :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Oh bless you. you are not ugly at all. You are very pretty. dont believe anyone who has ever told u that. and stop repeating it from today onwards. Good Luck with the weight loss and believe in yourself.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Pshhh. You are NOT ugly. Believe me. Push the negativity aside and embrace your beauty. :)
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Not ugly.

boom!
  • judebristow15
    judebristow15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think you're beautiful! I understand, I feel the same, but I think working to improve your (or anyone's) health and fitness boosts confidence in your appearance - and in other aspects of life...
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would say you were a hottie to be fair!
  • 4brats2angels
    4brats2angels Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well I completely understand what you mean...after having a conversation with my husband a few months ago I added up the days in my entire life that I recall feeling pretty and it was shocking! 324 days...Im freaking 34 years old and thats all I could come up with!? Weight had nothing to do with it because I just gained all my weight over the last 9 years I was 130 forever then shot up to my current weight 228! Feeling pretty is something thats inside and its hard to find...I'm still looking too! But i'm hopeful that by making healthier eating habits that I will be proud of what i'm doing and maybe just maybe that sense of pride will make me feel better about myself! I wish you all the best! You can have thousands of people tell you you're pretty but it doesn't mean a thing if the person you see in the mirror isn't what you think it should be...stop thinking and just be!:wink:
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    To be 18 again and tell myself how important it is to be kind to yourself. I'm 33 and while I'm heavier than I've ever been(prior to recent weight loss) and older and way less cooler my confidence is skyrocketing. I realize that I'm beautiful in my own skin. I'm not perfect but if I had appreciated my youth and looks and body then instead of being my worst critic. I try every day to teach this to my daughter. You are a beautiful young lady. Be kind to yourself. If you don't treat yourself well how on earth can we expect anyone else to treat us well. Love yourself. It's the most important thing you will ever do.
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If that's you in the profile pic, then I think there is only one thing you are lacking - CONFIDENCE. Once you build some self esteem, an assurity of who you are and are comfortable with yourself then trust me, you will definately NOT be ugly - indeed quite the opposite I would say! If losing some weight is the catalyst to that, then you've come to the right place. Plenty of support here. Add me to your friends list if you want to talk to someone who will always call it like it is.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    you are Soooooo mistaken. You are a lovely woman.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Okay sweetie, pay attention and listen up: You are beautiful! I know this has been posted above many times so really listen to everyone here. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You don’t want to go through life being your own worst enemy or you will live a miserable life. I posted a quote on my page just a few days ago: “Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.” ~Jameson Frank. These words are so true. You have to start changing the way you see yourself. Someone else posted above that a friend told her to look at herself through other people’s eyes (trudijoy – who by the way is also beautiful) and I agree that is a great way for you to start. Be happy with who you are and remind yourself daily that you are worth any effort of improvement. Post positive affirmations around your house if it helps. Embrace who you are and love yourself!! Feel free to add me to your friend list if you are interested. :heart:
  • ptewasin
    ptewasin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If looking in the mirror make you feel ugly, then you need to stop looking in the mirror and interact with people. Do what makes you feel beautiful and good about life. If you are looking for ugliness you will find it -in yourself and others. Look for what is beautiful and right in the world.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Please stop saying this to yourself. If you are like me you heard this from your parents or maybe ex boyfriends. People in our lives have a lot to do with our self talk. You need to see yourself for who you are inside and out..a lovely person who has so much to offer..
  • rockstrzfem
    rockstrzfem Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    we are our own worst critics...I think it's easy to be body positive until we look in the mirror...part of being healthy is acceptance of who we are and what we look like before and after we take care of ourselves. I would bet you one week's pay that if you accepted yourself, your health would increase exponentially :)
  • tsherzey
    Options
    The only thing you can change is yourself and your attitude. Hateful comments about yourself... You can reprogram yourself to focus on your positives. We can all tell you that you are not ugly.... But you need to believe it. Negative self talk is detrimental and counter productive... Be strong. Be positive. Be beautiful.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from, and it's a difficult lesson to learn. It's good that you're learning it now. Not because you're ugly - you're not ugly at all. You are a very attractive young woman. Actually believing that about yourself, and appreciating your own beauty, has to come from within. No amount of other people telling you will do the trick. Very often that feeling of ugliness runs a lot deeper than physical appearance, it's just that we learn to attach it to how we look on the outside. A lot of people lose the weight and then realise that they still hate how they look, so at least you're ahead of the game! Try and work on confidence and self-esteem while you're losing the weight, and as your body changes, so hopefully will your view of yourself. If you really struggle with this, consider seeing a counsellor through your GP. Otherwise, there are a lot of good self-help books out there about improving your self-esteem.