Addicted to myfitnesspal

Options
124»

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    If MFP was work, we'd all be clocking in hours of overtime!

First site I log into every day.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. If you're going to be addicted to something, this might as well be it.
  • 1964Lynn
    Options
    Im addicted too because its working so it must be working for you too! A great site to keep on track and look at peoples success stories. Love it:happy:
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do log on to FB AFTER I log on the MFP but I only log on the FB for these sites that I have "liked":

Ripped Goddess
    Just eat real food
    Edible Harmony (not my favorite but still has good info)
    Eating for Idiots - So easy a caveman can do it
    Stylish Eve (posts outfits that I can't wait to fit into!)

I bypass my "friends" posts so I can get to the good stuff and then back to MFP!
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I used to always check out Facebook over my first cuppa of the day, Facebook no longer gets a look in. MFP is the first and last site I log into each day, plus many times throughout the day. Just dont tell my boss !!!!. I am sure I used to get alot more work done during the day. :laugh:
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Yes you are taking it too far. MFP is an awesome site but it doesn't pay the bills or make you closer to your family.

I notice that people who are on MFP a lot don't have much of a life.

Balance is the key!!

:noway:

Most of my time on here is while I am at work, away from my family not able to leave my desk and do something active.... It is my work down time addiction. I need to get better about logginf my food but we've been having so many homemade dinners lately it would take forever to enter the recipes to log and the hubs does most of our cooking..... Like today for lunch, left over stir fry from the other night. Made with low sodium soy and all the right stuff... just not sure how to log it all accordingly while not taking the evening time from my family to do so.
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ...there are worse things you could be addicted to. For me-- I feel good reading things on this site becasue I know executing them is the pathway to a healthier me.... that's why I'm addicted.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many of us here have addictive personalities. I know I do.
  • slimnicola01
    Options
    Thankyou so much - am loving this site and everyone here! YAY!!
  • muktyfitness
    muktyfitness Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Not alone at all! This has completely replaced facebook.
    agree, its better to invest time in MFP .
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one that gets on here so often, I pretty much keep it pulled up all of the time even if it's minimized. That way, it's quick and easy to add food and keep track. I am beginning to think this is "The New Facebook" at least for me anyway.:smile:
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes you are taking it too far. MFP is an awesome site but it doesn't pay the bills or make you closer to your family.

I notice that people who are on MFP a lot don't have much of a life.

Balance is the key!!

I AGREE WITH MR TOP IT "DOESNT PAY THE BILLS" , ITS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, MAYBE IT MIGHT BE BETTER TO DO IT AT LUNCH OR AFTER WORK. YOU CAN ALSO PUT A TIME FRAME ON YOURSELF. I HAD TO DO THAT AT NIGHT TO HELP ME GET TO BED EARLIER, NOW I TURN MY COMPUTER OFF AND LIGHTS DOWN AN HOUR BEFORE BED.( I WAS TOLD 2 HRS) I GOT INTO SOME BAD HABITS BEING SICK FOR AWHILE.

I FOUND AND STARTED ON MFP WHEN I WAS SICK AND HAD TIME ON MY HANDS AND GOT JUST AS ADDICTED, BUT LIKE YOU IM NEW, ONLY BEEN ON MFP FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND LOVING IT , AND ALL THE SUPPORT AND NEW FRIENDS. WHAT A GREAT GROUP OF MFP FRIENDS AND SO SUPPORTIVE.. THERE IS SO MUCH INFO OUT THERE, SO WHEN YOUR NEW TO MFP YOU ARE TRYING TO GATHER IT AND TO READ OTHER PROPLES PROFILE, LOGGINGS AND DIARYS, TO SEE THAT YOUR NOT ALONE IN YOUR STRUGGLES TO LOSE WEIGHT , AND WHAT IS WORKING AND WHATS NOT,TO GET IDEAS. I ALSO LIKE TO READ OTHERS FOOD JOURNALS TO GET IDEAS OF WHAT TO EAT. WHEN YOUR NEW YOUR ALSO CHECKING PROFILES TO SEE WHO YOU FEEL YOU WANT AS FRIENDS, THAT YOU CAN RELATE TO AND WHO WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH. WHO WILL SUPPORT YOU AND WHO YOU CAN SUPPORT. .

DONT WORRY, IT WILL ALL FALL INTO PLACE,

IM LIKE SOME OF THE OTHERS HERE ABOUT FACEBOOK , I TRIED TO GET SOMETHING GOING ON MY FACE BOOK AND SUPPORT , MOSTLY FAMILY, BUT THAT WAS MORE OF A SOCIAL SITE, EVERYONE DOING THERE OWN THING. I USE IT MOSTLY TO STAY ON TOP OF WHATS GOING ON AND FOR THE PICTURES OF THE FAMILY NOW.

MY SUPPORT FOR CHANGING MY LIFESTYLE AND LOSING WEIGHT IS COMING FROM MY MFP FAMILY OF FRIEND'S.

I FEEL SO BLESSED, I HAD BEEN PRAYING ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT AND THE GOOD LORD LEAD ME HERE TO YOU MY FRIENDS.

GOOD LUCK MY ADDICTED FRIEND, KEEP LOGGING IN, BUT PLEASE DONT DO ANYTHING THAT MAY CAUSE YOU TO LOSE YOUR JOB.

GG
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    MR TOP.,

ALL OF US HAVE A LIFE, MAYBE ITS NOT YOUR LIFESTYLE, SOME PEOPLE HAVE CHALLENGES , SPICIAL NEEDS, AND CANT GET OUT, OR STAY AT HOME MOM"S AND DAD'S, RETIRED PEOPLE OR JUST PLAIN ENJOY THE MFP FRIENDS AND INFORMATION OR NEED SUPPORT.SOME ARE EVEN IN THE ARMED SERVICE, AND DEPLOYED..STAYING CONNECTED AND TRYING TO STAY HEALTHY.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE A LIFE, IN BAR'S, WATCHING TV, PLAYING REMOTE GAMES, OR PLAYING HEAD GAMES WITH OTHERS. I WOULD MUCH RATHER SEE PEOPLE ON MFP DOING SOMETHING TO MAKE THEIR "LIFE" BETTER.

IM A MOTHER OF 7, A GRANDMOTHER OF 40, AND A GREAT GRANDMOTHER OF 8, I WORK A FULL TIME JOB, PROPERTY MANAGING 105 HOMES, AND ACTIVE IN MY CHURCH.

I HAVE A LIFE, HOWEVER I LOVE MFP AND IM NOT GOING TO NEGLECT MY MFP FAMILY.

BY THE WAY I HAVE SEEN YOU OUT HERE ALSO! AND IM SURE THIS IS JUST PART OF YOUR LIFE TOO... LOL
    YOU HAVE MADE SOME VERY GOOD COMMENTS AND GIVEN GOOD ADVICE THANK YOU.

JUST SAYING
    PRAYERS AND BLESSINGS BEING SENT YOUR WAY.
    GG