0 calorie peanut butter

Options

Replies

• meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a much better alternative. It is not GROSS so give it a try!
  • jahowell
    Options
    I don't mind PB2 in a protein shake but thats it, I love Jif Natural! I just need a lock and chain on it!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I just don't understand this fascination with replacement "food." If I like something, then I'm going to eat it. If I'm cutting calories, then I eat less of it. Almond milk is not milk. Zero cal peanut butter and PB2 are not peanut butter. Light beer isn't beer. Carob is not chocolate. Turkey bacon is not bacon. I'm not knocking these things for people that truly enjoy them, but why eat something that doesn't really satisfy the craving?

I totally agree with you in the case of PB - it's one of my staple foods - natural PB has a lot of good fats and nutrients and I eat it almost daily and I am the most fit I have ever been. I replaced milk with almond milk because I generally find it to be a nicer taste and offering better heath benefits, but in general I agree.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I just don't understand this fascination with replacement "food." If I like something, then I'm going to eat it. If I'm cutting calories, then I eat less of it. Almond milk is not milk. Zero cal peanut butter and PB2 are not peanut butter. Light beer isn't beer. Carob is not chocolate. Turkey bacon is not bacon. I'm not knocking these things for people that truly enjoy them, but why eat something that doesn't really satisfy the craving?

I totally agree.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    oh ok. Yea I don't think the hubby would go for powered peanut butter. Hmm homemade peanut butter, might have to attempt that. Wonder if you would store it the same way?

it's powdered, but you mix it equally with water. it's actually quite good. jif it is not. but it reminds me of natural peanut butter and you can choose your own consistency. it's quite tasty and if you leave it dry you can mix it into your protein drinks. very good! enjoy!
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. You can mix it with anything. And it is real peanut butter, it just has no fat. I mix it with yogurt a lot, and it's great in protein shakes!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Exactly...
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. You can mix it with anything. And it is real peanut butter, it just has no fat. I mix it with yogurt a lot, and it's great in protein shakes!

Sounds like they finally figured out they could sell the byproduct from making peanut oil and make a few extra bucks.
  • kimberlynichols
    Options
    P2B is great, I love the choclate version, its like dessert..but remember you portions, cuz this stuff is easy to over eat
  • Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just sacrifice the calories and eat the real stuff. usually one -two tablespoons at the most.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    It might do you good to just stay away from Walden "Farms" altogether. 0 calorie creepy not-even-good-tasting weirdness. No spank you.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of replacement foods however I have tried pb2 and it is quite good and very handy in recipes :-)
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Saw this garbage and figured it was at least worth a try since one of my favorite foods is totally loaded with calories (peanut butter) and even though the ingredients weren't promising I bought it anyway. Got home and tried it right away. Oh my god it was the worst thing I have ever tasted! What an insult to peanut butter. I am now considering PB2 but hopefully it doesn't taste like this *kitten*!

http://www.amazon.com/Walden-Farms-Peanut-Calorie-Free-12-Ounce/dp/B000X1Q1G8

PB2 is great...they also have it in chocolate..i used it for my protein shakes..
  • benflando
    Options
    haha yes Walden Farms Peanut Butter is disgusting. PB2 is great and you will not be dissapointed.
  • ShellyJKFIT
    Options
    PB2 sounds great but I have never been able to find it.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter fanatic, here. I eat it almost daily.

Best peanut butter of LIFE = Trader Joe's salted creamy peanut butter! SO DELICIOUS!
    Second best = Laura Scudders.

If it has anything in it besides peanuts and salt, it isn't going on my food.
  • dcyr009
    Options
    I love all the Walden Farms product. I take the marshmallow dip, peanut butter, and their jelly and make a fluff sandwich every morning. I love it. For people who are diabetic it is perfect. I buy Country Kitchen 35 calorie bread. I feel like I'm having my cake and eating it too. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I bought it like a year ago.. IT. IS. AWFUL!!!!!!

I ended up taking it back to Walmart for a refund. It was the nastiest thing I have ever tasted. Cat poo would probably be better.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    It might do you good to just stay away from Walden "Farms" altogether. 0 calorie creepy not-even-good-tasting weirdness. No spank you.

This exactly. As if anything in anything they make actually comes from a farm somewhere.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Sounds like they finally figured out they could sell the byproduct from making peanut oil and make a few extra bucks.

this!!

i don't see the point in pb2 unless you just really like the taste of peanut butter in shakes and can't spare the fat cals. the whole point of peanut butter (and any nut) is that it is a HEALTHY fat and tastes awesome. eating defatted peanut butter would be like saying - i'm going to eat defatted guacamole.

i <3 naturally more peanut butter (they add flax seed. http://www.naturallymore.com/) and just natural nut butters.