5 foods never to eat????

Options

Replies

• AvantGardener
    AvantGardener Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    And there probably aren't 5 concrete foods you should "never eat".

I would recommend avoiding *all* concrete foods.

Michael

32588188.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    diet soda, fast food, over processed foods, white bread, organ meat

this
  • buda12345
    buda12345 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Banana, margarine, bread, ... and I forget what else.

Are you joking or serious? WTH shouldn't people eat bananas???

You shouldn't eat bananas strange to you:laugh: if you're married
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I won't read or watch anything that got a title like "5 Foods Never To Eat". I've lost 35 pounds have gotten seriously healthy and fit and I haven't had to give up a single food. It's all about macros for me. As long as I'm fitting my diet into my calorie and macro-nutrient goals, I can eat whatever I want. I think it's foolish to give up foods you enjoy because that just leads to cravings and eventually binges.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, lima beans, soy.
    Blecch. All vile weeds.

:laugh: You just named 5 foods I eat regularly.
  • notthatthis
    Options
    diet soda, fast food, over processed foods, white bread, organ meat

Organ meat, that is insane. And I would try for a double entendre but that would be too easy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Banana, margarine, bread, ... and I forget what else.

Are you joking or serious? WTH shouldn't people eat bananas???

It's something about ripe bananas.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    And there probably aren't 5 concrete foods you should "never eat".

I would recommend avoiding *all* concrete foods.

Michael

You have obviously never had a Culvers Concrete Mixer :wink:
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, cauliflower, turnips, lima beans, soy.
    Blecch. All vile weeds.

Oooh! Dibs! Send them my way! = D
  • shyn52
    shyn52 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The video is the one that is almost always on the right side of MyFitnessPal. I too wanted to watch it to see what they said about bananas - because the promotion always shows a banana getting too ripe. And it seems no one has watched it - or it was so bad that no one can remember what it said. Fascinating - as are people's own personal lists.
  • Jennifer1502
    Jennifer1502 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Avoid all foods that have labels containing ingredients that we cannot buy at a regular grocery store.
  • Jennifer1502
    Jennifer1502 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I probably would avoid margarine though... Is that even food?

More like motor oil.

Margarine shares 27 ingredients with paint, if you leave it outside it won't go off and nothing will touch it
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas, fast food, bread, carton fruit juices I think I remember those on there, ive seen many variations though

yeah its like five food catagories, i think the above is close. think it was Anything diet, fruit juices, any food made from grain thats not something exotic like spelt (whole wheat included because its the same as eating white bread), any Soy products, and something else, cant remember.
    I probably would avoid margarine though... Is that even food?

yeah they suggest eating real butter instead.

the video just educates you about the effects of higher glycemic index foods and may be eye opening to some (it was to me) about what foods are higher glycemic index foods. I grew up thinking that bread and grains were health complex carbs. people can debate that or not, but they raise your blood sugar at least as much as candy.

They don't like the diet stuff because apprently your liver is responsible for metabolising body fat and removing anything from your blood stream thats not food. According to them , if its busy filtering out artifical food ingredients, then it can't metabolize body fat, and is therefore bad for weight loss.

The GI stuff is dead on and people aught to know it. True, if you eat at a defecit you should lose weight regardless, and the more over weight you are the more true that statement is... but it doesn't mean its not worth educating yourself about these things, and buy that i mean doing your own research, not just watching the video.

I never really researched the liver/diet food thing but i don't doubt it has an effect on weight loss, to what degree idk
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    The video is the one that is almost always on the right side of MyFitnessPal. I too wanted to watch it to see what they said about bananas - because the promotion always shows a banana getting too ripe. And it seems no one has watched it - or it was so bad that no one can remember what it said. Fascinating - as are people's own personal lists.

i think they just put the banana there to make people click on it, like "what?!?! a banana can't be unhealthy''. which is of course true. they don't say anything about bananas other then that you can eat as much of any kind of fruit as you want (according to them)
    Avoid all foods that have labels containing ingredients that we cannot buy at a regular grocery store.

Yes, there entire message essentially boils down to the above statement
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    After reading this, the ads that keep popping up on the side of the pages are the ripe banana one, and apparently there are 5 veggies that kill stomach fat!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I love how even those who have seen the video haven't really seen the video.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    bleach, rat poison, soap, drain all and carrots!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    What video?
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I love how even those who have seen the video haven't really seen the video.

Raspberry Ketones
    Cabbage Soup
    Phentermine or Alli
    Green Tea Pills
    Jello