Discount for non-bratty kids

Options

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Why does everything have to be fair!. . .lord. . Life's not fair. . My kid is completely hyper. . He's a great kid and he has good manners, but he couldn't sit still if his life depended on it. .He would NOT qualify for this discount. . However, why can't we as a society let OTHER people (including privately owned businesses) do what they want!? I'll take him to beef-o-brady's where nobody cares that he's squirming in his seat. . I'm going to teach my kid not to run around looking for excuses to get his feelings hurt or finding ways to 'feel' excluded. . boo hoo. .
    ^ <3
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I saw that too. I think it should be expected that kids have manners and are respectful. Mine are and always have been. They're 2 and 3 years old--almost 4 years. They're NEVER loud and rude in public. The thing is, you have to TEACH your children, a lot of parents don't realize this anymore.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Why does everything have to be fair!. . .lord. . Life's not fair. . My kid is completely hyper. . He's a great kid and he has good manners, but he couldn't sit still if his life depended on it. .He would NOT qualify for this discount. . However, why can't we as a society let OTHER people (including privately owned businesses) do what they want!? I'll take him to beef-o-brady's where nobody cares that he's squirming in his seat. . I'm going to teach my kid not to run around looking for excuses to get his feelings hurt or finding ways to 'feel' excluded. . boo hoo. .

^^^ This! My daughter has the best manners but I call her wiggle butt for a reason. She just can't sit still and that can be annoying for other patrons. We try to go places that are a little more relaxed and if some other family gets a discount because their child is well behave then that's awesome! Thinking that we are owed something is what's wrong with our country now.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Very well stated
    Kids need to learn from an early age life is not fair and deal with it and get over it.
    A family with a child with a medical issue may not get a "well-behaved child" discount but most of them already know that and won't be too bothered by it unless they are the types that thinks the word owes them something for caring for their challenged child.

My 2 older kids were alway angels when we went out and would have earned the discount every day however my youngest was a raging terror every evening once the clock struck 6pm no matter where we were and we knew it so we didn't take her to places that required her to "behave" until she was old enough to and had learned to curb her lack of self control. It's just a no brainer.

Bring on the discounts! Maybe parents will stop allowing their children to disrupt everyone else in the restaurant

5pm is the witching hour for my kids! If we go out for dinner, we seriously go eat around 3pm. They loose their damn minds around 5 for whatever reason.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options

I think it's quite unfair....

What are your thoughts?

Life isn't fair. Stop expecting it to be.

Agreed and rather than the kids...spank the parents :wink:
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This was actually at a restaurant where I live, the local newspaper said that this is not a normal discount given, not standard procedure, but that the three kids were all so amazingly well behaved that the restaurant felt like rewarding them with the discount. I wouldn't get all worked up over this as it seems to have been a one time gesture and not a secret backhanded attack against children with behaviour issues.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thought it was brilliant! I've never tolerated my children (I have 5) being loud, obnxious, or otherwise disruptive at a restaurant. Now, we didn't frequent them because A) we had 5 kids and B) it was never a relaxing event to have to make sure everyone was minding their Ps & Qs. But, if we had been given a "well behaved child" discount. . .that would've ROCKED!!!

People will parent their kids the way they see fit, but there is NO excuse for allowing a child to be unruly in a restaurant. I understand some kiddos have special needs and I easily give special consideration there. But kids who simply are not supervised or disciplined by their oblivious parents. . .nope.
  • :sad: :sad: :sad: Not fair! AND WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE KIDS DO THEY GET A DISCOUNT? I TELL YOU THE WORLD JUST ISNT FAIR!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH IM WITH U GIRL!:sad: EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FAIR EVERYONE WHO PLAYS SPORTS DESERVES A TROPHY THE NINERS SHUD GET THE SAME SUPER BOWL TROPHY TOO EVEN THOUGH THEY LOST BECAUSE THEY PLAYED REALLY HARD AND TRIED THEIR BEST :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: Everyone's a winner. :cry: It's not fair if someone comes in second. :cry:
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If your kid makes me look over at your table because of noise or for any other reason, you should be kicked out of said restaurant!
    As a parent......

...I absolutely agree. Every time my child acts up in public, either my husband or I will take him outside/to the bathroom to reprimand him and wait til he calms down. Other patrons shouldn't suffer because my child is throwing a tantrum.

That being said, if someone is annoyed by my child's laughter, they can kindly eff off.

I like the idea.

Completely agree with this! I am the same way with my daughter.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If your kid makes me look over at your table because of noise or for any other reason, you should be kicked out of said restaurant!
    As a parent......

...I absolutely agree. Every time my child acts up in public, either my husband or I will take him outside/to the bathroom to reprimand him and wait til he calms down. Other patrons shouldn't suffer because my child is throwing a tantrum.

That being said, if someone is annoyed by my child's laughter, they can kindly eff off.

I like the idea.

Agreed! I don't have kids yet, I don't like the loud annoying ones who aren't behaving, but the cute giggly ones... They are wonderful!

I think this is a wonderful idea! I didn't misbehave when I was a child and children today shouldn't either. If they can't behave for an hour while you have your meal then DON'T take them to a sit-down restaurant. Take them to McDonald's because it is more suited for them.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My 6yo has clear expectations of behavior when we're out. But when she has a jerk moment in public, we take her elsewhere to calm down just out of common courtesy/sense. I don't need confirmation from a restaurant that I'm a decent parent but hey, you wanna clip a little off my bill for doing the obvious I'm not going to stop you.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    As a parent......

I like the idea.

Exactly!

Personally, I think it's brilliant idea... For one the article states (I read it yesterday I think) that the manager doesn't do it all the time... just when he notices... though he will give free desserts to the kiddoes that have behaved themselves... and he rarely puts it on the receipt... so most parents don't even know.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    As a parent......

I like the idea.

^^^ This, exactly.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    As a parent......

I like the idea.

Agreed....
    I think I hate the sound of another child's tantrum even more as a parent.
    I make my kid behave - you should too
    And I've seen plenty of WELL BEHAVED special needs children in public, so I think that's a cop out excuse
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous imo.
    I have a beautiful 9 y/o brother with ODD, adhd, along with other issues and he simply can not control his emotions many times. It's beyond his control. As he's getting older, he has gotten a better hold of himself along with the help of his special education, doctors and therapists, but when he was younger and had outbursts at the grocery store, dr office, restaurant, many ppl would be total *kitten* about him. Never ever ever race to judge a child and say he/she is simply 'bratty'...there may be alot more going on.
    ...end rant ;)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If I am taking my kids out for food I try and go somewhere like a carvery / buffet where the food is already done. I think it's quite unfair for parents to take their kids to a restaurant and then tell them off for playing up when they are bored out of their tiny heads.

If I take the boys for a carvery there is no sitting around waiting. They get their food and then are busy eating it.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I think it's quite unfair....

What are your thoughts?

Life isn't fair. Stop expecting it to be.

Heard said once "life isn't fair TO ANY BODY sooo there that does make it fair :laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous imo.
    I have a beautiful 9 y/o brother with ODD, adhd, along with other issues and he simply can not control his emotions many times. It's beyond his control. As he's getting older, he has gotten a better hold of himself along with the help of his special education, doctors and therapists, but when he was younger and had outbursts at the grocery store, dr office, restaurant, many ppl would be total *kitten* about him. Never ever ever race to judge a child and say he/she is simply 'bratty'...there may be alot more going on.
    ...end rant ;)

What is ODD? Because I'm reading it as Older Dearest Daughter.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    And I've seen plenty of WELL BEHAVED special needs children in public, so I think that's a cop out excuse

Amen!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: Not fair! AND WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE KIDS DO THEY GET A DISCOUNT? I TELL YOU THE WORLD JUST ISNT FAIR!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH IM WITH U GIRL!:sad: EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FAIR EVERYONE WHO PLAYS SPORTS DESERVES A TROPHY THE NINERS SHUD GET THE SAME SUPER BOWL TROPHY TOO EVEN THOUGH THEY LOST BECAUSE THEY PLAYED REALLY HARD AND TRIED THEIR BEST :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: Everyone's a winner. :cry: It's not fair if someone comes in second. :cry:

I agree. I don't have a child, but I have a very well behaved food baby.

... Well, maybe not so well behaved.