SO SICK OF CHICKEN!

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I cook chicken a zillion different ways, so I'm never sick of it. I probably have it 5 nights a week. Maybe more. I don't log on weekend and I don't remember what I cooked.

Tonight, I stir fried it with sundried tomatoes, garlic, pesto, and "Italian blend" vegetables, and had it with Alfredo sauce and ravioli. Last night, I made a chicken, jalapeno, ranch pizza with salsa and diced tomatoes. Night before was a graham cracker crusted chicken with a maple glaze. Soooo frickin' amazing. Tuesday was with Italian veg and ravioli again, but with a marinara sauce. Monday was General Tso's chicken.

Other favorites are cooked in a crock pot with salsa, peppers, onions, spinach, Chicken Cordon Bleu, chicken with buffalo sauce & feta cheese (I like it better than blue cheese), various kinds of breaded and baked (crushed pretzels, crushed crackers, cornflake crumbs, panko, etc.), with vodka sauce, with BBQ sauce, with lemon garlic marinade, with carribean jerk marinade, Teriyaki marinade, honey mustard, yadda yadda yadda. I can go weeks without cooking it the same way twice.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    try grilled shrimp if you like that... it's on the Negative Calorie list which is awesome!

The negative calorie list...???
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    ground turkey. eggs. cottage cheese. greek yogurt. try different types of fish and seafood. great sources of protein.

and of course steak nom nom nom
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Eat all the meats. And fish, and everything else.
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    how about pork chops? fish? beef? eggs? cottage cheese? protein shakes?

I can't eat pork...
    But yes I do eat fish, tons of eggs, lots of turkey bacon, ground turkey, and protein shakes.

Chicken is such an easy food with SO much protein! I want sashimi so bad right now but I only get that once a month and i have to eat a bunch to get chicken't protein out of it.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    People always say to drink a lot of water when you don't want to eat something.

I suggest you put the chicken into a blender with plenty of water and drink that. chicken shake (tm) sounds yummy.
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I had a steak myself tonight. Smaller serving but sooo good. We have a lot of chicken and turkey, and this time of year seafood (which I love!), but I still gotta have steak and burgers and things sometimes! Moderation :-)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    There are no negative calorie foods. Where the heck does this silly "list" keep coming from? NM. Don't really want to know.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I can't look at chicken anymore either. I eat a bunch of meat (mostly bacon) and eggs, but lately I've been obsessed with cottage cheese. Seriously high in protein and awesomely delicious!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options

I suggest you put the chicken into a blender with plenty of water and drink that. chicken shake (tm) sounds yummy.
    I just threw up a little.:sick:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    try grilled shrimp if you like that... it's on the Negative Calorie list which is awesome!

The negative calorie list...???

Total load of hooey, there no such thing as a "negative calorie food". It's a weight loss myth.
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I read the thread title as "SO SICK OF CHILDREN!"

I thought, "ME TOO!" :laugh:

Carry on.

This seriously made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. Sorry, I have nothing to add to the actual thread. Nothing to see here. **backs away slowly while whistling**
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'd like a copy of that negative calorie list if anyone has it floating around...
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I read the thread title as "SO SICK OF CHILDREN!"

I thought, "ME TOO!" :laugh:

Carry on.
    I did too!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd like a copy of that negative calorie list if anyone has it floating around...

There is no such thing as a negative calorie food.
  • ShelieC
    Options
    I know how you feel. There is a protien bar on the market called "Pure Protien". It has 20g of protien, 6g fat,16g carb, 2g sugar.
    www.eatgoodlookgreat.com.
    I get a box of 6 for $6.29 at my grocery store. I think they taste pretty good.
  • Nessa0506
    Options
    Aside from what everyone else beans and legumes have just as much protein as meat.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Non-fat cottage cheese has an excellent protein density for the number of calories it supplies. It is not a no-carb food, and you have to watch the sodium content. But otherwise, it can be a good alternative protein source to fill out your day's protein requirements.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

OMG I'm still laughing. :laugh:

Seriously if you're tired of chicken, eat something else. There's gobs of excellent protein sources out there other than chicken, or for that matter, meat or dairy. I get a lot of my protein from greek yogurt and legumes, and there's veggies high in protein also (such as asparagus, broccoli, spinach etc.). I'm always over my MFP protein goal (for whatever that's worth) and I don't eat a lot of chicken. Variety is where it's at IMO.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    96% lean beef is even better than ground turkey, less fat and more protein.