Anybody taking a "free" day this weekend?

Options
13»

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I don't want to say who is likely to hit their goal and who isn't, but...

No. I've had 4 cheat days in 7 months. One was Christmas, one was Thanksgiving, one was my birthday (I got a pizza), one was by accident early on when my parents came in from out of state (Chinese food).

I don't see why people want to potentially ruin working hard for 6 days with a regular binge day that will undo at least half the days you worked so hard for, To be honest, it's a cop out. It's lazy. It's weak. I suppose if you have relaxed your goals and are ok with slow progress then by all means go for it, but if you really want to lose weight and not be fat and get in shape, you shouldn't even WANT cheat days.

What's "lazy" and "weak" is calling people cop outs for wanting to enjoy life every now and then just because you can't control yourself on these days. One day a week surplus isn't likely to cause too much of a stall - much less a gain - in an entire six other days of being in a deficit. Not unless they go n an all up binge, anyway - which if that's your problem, then more power too you for not taking a day off. You're probably better for it.

Slow progress? Buddy, this isn't a race. Chill the hell out, will ya? A simple reply of "no" to OP would have sufficed.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Me, I guess, sort of. Small breakfast, regular lunch, 5 mile run then...

**14 inch haggis pizza (seriously) , 2 bottles of Peroni, baked NY cheesecake with dairy ice cream**

And I'm not sorry.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options

No. I've had 4 cheat days in 7 months. One was Christmas, one was Thanksgiving, one was my birthday (I got a pizza), one was by accident early on when my parents came in from out of state (Chinese food).

I don't see why people want to potentially ruin working hard for 6 days with a regular binge day that will undo at least half the days you worked so hard for, To be honest, it's a cop out. It's lazy. It's weak. I suppose if you have relaxed your goals and are ok with slow progress then by all means go for it, but if you really want to lose weight and not be fat and get in shape, you shouldn't even WANT cheat days.

What's "lazy" and "weak" is calling people cop outs for wanting to enjoy life every now and then just because you can't control yourself on these days. One day a week surplus isn't likely to cause too much of a stall - much less a gain - in an entire six other days of being in a deficit. Not unless they go n an all up binge, anyway - which if that's your problem, then more power too you for not taking a day off. You're probably better for it.

Slow progress? Buddy, this isn't a race. Chill the hell out, will ya? A simple reply of "no" to OP would have sufficed.

^^ I second Shadowknight's response to this. What's the point of being "healthy" and miserable.. I sure do want my cake n want to eat it too. Healthy and happy = my goal, not starved and deprived!

To the OP I don't consider it cheating, cuz I'm not very restrictive to begin with. I enjoy what I eat (unless I'm experimenting n f%%% something up.. lol) But I do track in a more relaxed way on Saturday or Sunday(I pick one) I use generic estimations and if I go over a bit so be it. It's usually a family get together or just a day that I can eat n drink n be merry with my nondieting 6'4 fiance of 7 years lol. It greatly prevents a strain that has been there before when I was tracking to the point of having no spontaneous consumption.. It makes it alot easier for him to be supportive of me all week if I'm able to enjoy the weekend with him. And I DONT feel bad about this one day.
  • RunningMannn
    Options

Weak and lazy...Your way over board man..Everyone is different and has their own goals..Whether it's losing 100 pounds or 20 pounds. Whether it's training for a marathon. Or trying to run a mile under 5 minutes..One day of binging won't ruin 6 days of training..Check out the body for life program..They have one day of eating anything you want each week and there are 1000's of successful stories.
  • cadynappi
    Options
    I eat healthy all week and exercise 6 to 7 days a week. It is not realistic for me to say that I am never going to eat unhealthy again. Life is way to short to be super strict every day. Remember leading a healthy life style is better than dieting and restricting yourself from certain foods. I have restricted myself and then I binge and feel extremely guilty. I am not going to sit here and say that I don't feel guilty at times I sure do... I also do get in bad moods because when I do eat "crappy" foods I get very upset but I am working on coming to terms with it. I am slowly learning to understand and realize that you don't get out of shape or fat from one bad day or even two. This weekend here in CT I am not able to get to the gym (34" of snow and no passable streets) at first I cried because I was under the impression that I was not going to be able to eat much, but I have finally realized that if I eat normally I will be fine until I can workout. I also have realized that if I eat a brownie or have a some carbs I am not going to get fat. So do I have a cheat meal or day ---- Yes each week I usually have a healthy breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday, plus I workout both days and then I have a cheat meal for dinner and usually dessert too! I have not gained weight doing this! So go ahead enjoy life!!!
  • allew48
    allew48 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one 'cheat' meal a week, usually Saturday evening. Even so, it's not really a 'cheat' because I still find myself mindful of what I eat, how much, and how full I am during and after. If you didn't do things like this burnout would happen exponentially faster, it's just unreasonable to think that you could give up your guilty pleasure- mine is mexican food and cheese dip- for your entire life! Just don't make it an everyday thing and all your exercise/clean eating will balance it right out. enjoy!
  • Sarajo71
    Sarajo71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do!! It's Friday night, I finish work, pick my children up, clean the house (super fast time!) then we got to a takeaway - 3, as one wanted maccy D's, KFC and my treat was a chippy tea, yumm! I also have a bottle of red wine on this night and a chocolate bar. Saturday morning, I'm back on it without a problem. I think it's because I know I'm focused the rest of the week, I don't feel guilty - I enjoy it :-)) xx
  • Sarajo71
    Sarajo71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do!! It's Friday night, I finish work, pick my children up, clean the house (super fast time!) then we got to a takeaway - 3, as one wanted maccy D's, KFC and my treat was a chippy tea, yumm! I also have a bottle of red wine on this night and a chocolate bar. Saturday morning, I'm back on it without a problem. I think it's because I know I'm focused the rest of the week, I don't feel guilty - I enjoy it :-)) xx
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i ate a package of oreos between yesterday and today...guess you could say I fell off the wagon...trick is getting back on...thats why Im on here....hold myself accountable.
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used a "free" supper last night, as I attended a fundraising event for the Boys and Girls Club in our area. I went over my calories by about 400, as breakfast and lunch were in the lower 200's and were healthy foods, plus an 80 cal. snack (supper was right around 1,000 cals. If I would have eaten just what they served for supper (2 oz each of baked chicken and baked fish, 1/2 cup whipped potatoes, and >1/2 c. broccolini, and 2 small pieces of dessert), I would have been fine. But, I had the alcohol. I had never calculated alcohol calories before, and I was shocked (Rum & Coke and a Mai Tai - over 200 cals. per drink). Now I know why my husband drinks diet coke in his mixed drinks!:smile:
    Even after that meal, this morning I was down by half a pound from the day before (no exercise yesterday, but heading out for a 2 mile walk now).
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I generally don't need "free" days--I run 5-6 times a week, and on my Sunday long run will burn 800-900 calories. That plus my usual 1660 daily calories means I can have pizza night (or whatever) and still not go over.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Doing I.F.

Every weekend is a 'free' weekend. :D