50 pounds gone in less then a year w/pics

Options
I started taking control of my life on May 17th 2012. I was sick of being fat and unhealthy and always feeling like sh**. I found the Myfitnesspal app for Ipod and have never looked back. It wasn't easy at first, and progress was slow. I remember the days when taking a 15 minute walk was a victory for me, and I rewarded myself with a chocolate bar or an extra beer because I had earned extra calories. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that line of thinking, we each have to do this in whatever way works for us. I only mention it as a reference point for how far I have come. I allow myself a "free beer" after I have finished an hour and a half Muay Thai styled fitness class where I am kicking and punching the crap out of my partner for 3 minutes at a time and then have to drop and do 10 push-ups or 20 squats etc before assuming the position to do it all over again.
In fact, the reason I am writing this post is because I signed up for a Tough Mudder yesterday, and in doing so have finally taken the time to really look back on all I have accomplished. I have to admit that I am proud of myself. In 9 months I have lost 49 pounds (I know the title says 50, but technically it's 49.5. lol) at least two pant sizes, and a shirt size or two. But the most important things are what I have gained. I have seen so much more of the world because I no longer walk with my eyes cast down to my toes. I have gained some great new friends because I finally have the confidence to form real, meaningful relationships with people. I have gained a whole new level of professionalism at work because I carry myself better and am finally not afraid to show my true intelligence and leadership skills. I have gained a whole new life; the life that I was meant to be living all along but was afraid to do, and so I had built a "security blanket" of fat so that I had excuses as to why I didn't have/wasn't all of these things before.
So for any of you reading this that ever have days where you want to throw in the towel because it feels like more work then it is worth; take a short walk, or at least get a breath of fresh air and remember that nothing worth having is easy. Being healthy and happy is worth every minute of pain you experience in the gym, every drop of sweat that you wipe from your brow, and every second of torture as you resist a food temptation that you know won't help you reach your goals. You didn't become overweight over night and you won't reach your goals overweight either. But you are worth it, so don't give up!!!!!!!

The following pictures were taken in June of 2012 and February of 2013. There is a difference of 49.5 pounds between the two.

[images removed by MFP staff]

Replies

• debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! LOVE your tattoo!!
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow great changes! Congrats!!
  • tamaraphilip
    tamaraphilip Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing - congratulations!
  • paradisochick
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look great!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • katsuii
    Options
    Great job!! You look awesome =)
    Love the ink, looks like The Used album art work ;)
  • kezzakerry
    kezzakerry Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So very well done :) that is a lot of pounds and even though you look so changed I love and admire your inner changes, so wonderful to hear how it has changed your life :) you have inspired me so much, Thank you :)
  • FatSlayer1016
    Options
    Great job!! You look awesome =)
    Love the ink, looks like The Used album art work ;)

The tattoo is actually of my own design and is my "family tree" The initials of myself and my siblings are in the branches, and my parents are in the roots.
  • JenniferARoss
    JenniferARoss Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation! All of your hard work and commitment has paid off! Kudos to you for truly making a lifestyle change! You look great! :-)
  • FatSlayer1016
    Options
    So very well done :) that is a lot of pounds and even though you look so changed I love and admire your inner changes, so wonderful to hear how it has changed your life :) you have inspired me so much, Thank you :)

I am so glad to hear I have inspired you. May you also have a great success story to tell!!
  • FatSlayer1016
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation! All of your hard work and commitment has paid off! Kudos to you for truly making a lifestyle change! You look great! :-)

You look great too!! 70 is amazing!!'
  • EatCleanVB
    Options
    Well done, what a success, keep going x
  • FatSlayer1016
    Options
    Well done, what a success, keep going x
    Thank you!! :-)
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What an awesome change! I love hearing about the mental adjustment and achievements you've had, as well as seeing your great physical changes. Looking so good!
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Wow!!! Drastic changes!!! I do MMA and love me some Muay Thai!! You look great!! ????
  • groke101
    Options
    Great job, really happy for you.
  • FatSlayer1016
    Options
    Wow!!! Drastic changes!!! I do MMA and love me some Muay Thai!! You look great!! ????

I <3 Muay Thai. And you rock for doing MMA!! I wish there was a good gym near me to train in!
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    An amazing difference! Congrats on all you've done!
  • tsmall9902
    Options
    You go girl!! You're an insipiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!