Blizzard 2013

Options
bakz4
bakz4 Posts: 64 Member
Just wondering how everyone is faring with the storm. Where are you and how much snow have you gotten?

Me? I'm on Long Island, we had about 2" and it's turned over to rain. Temps are hovering just above freezing!

Replies

• shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Im in Massachusetts. We have about 11" so far and the wind is whipping! Still have power and hoping we keep it! Expected to get ~30"! Ugh!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Detroit Michigan, we got 6 inches of snow.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm in Boston, where I am we have about 6 inches. We're in a State of Emergency, and there is a travel ban with a $500 fine for being on the roads unless you are considered "essential". I'm just getting bored at home
  • folieeadeuxx
    folieeadeuxx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    25cm in canada
  • KissMyAx
    KissMyAx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    6" so far in NY
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    long island as well, and so far i'm not impressed.

... on second thought, that's how i felt the first few hours of sandy ...
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Northwest of Philadelphia about an inch and coming down very lightly
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and we've had 40cm + / 16in +. It was 40 this afternoon but it didn't stop snowing after we measured.
  • SunshineGRL76
    SunshineGRL76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Montclair, NJ ((about 13 miles outside of NYC)) and we have about 6 inches...not impressed...
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm in Boston, where I am we have about 6 inches. We're in a State of Emergency, and there is a travel ban with a $500 fine for being on the roads unless you are considered "essential". I'm just getting bored at home

I can't imagine them ever doing this where I live. We could have 3 feet of snow and they'd still expect you at work :laugh:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Capital Region of NY.

The forecasts have been:
    Thursday morning - up to 24"
    Friday morning - 10-12"
    Friday afternoon - 9-12"
    Friday dinnertime - 8-12
    Friday evening - 7-11"

We have about 6" on the ground, and it's all supposed to be pretty much done by 9am tomorrow.

I'm NOT complaining!
  • noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm with Purplesaurus. Two weeks ago we got 14 inches of snow and no "super storm" was declared and there were no fines if you wanted to travel.....so i guess maybe im unimpressed too LOL
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm with Purplesaurus. Two weeks ago we got 14 inches of snow and no "super storm" was declared and there were no fines if you wanted to travel.....so i guess maybe im unimpressed too LOL

I agree. We get blasted with snow all the time here. At the end of December we got buried under probably a foot, and no one said anything about it. "Potential hazardous conditions" maybe. I just take it as life in CNY - if I'm not mistaken I've read we're one of the snowiest areas in the country. Superstorm? Sigh. ;-)

In the Syracuse area, we're getting a dusting now, and maybe 5 inches total all day? It was supposed to start at 7AM here, and all the schools closed, or closed early, and in my town we didn't get anything till after 2! Only reason we're stuck inside tonight is because they don't maintain the roads ever....
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm on Long Island and it's all white. The screen door won't open, which is bad. lol.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    38 cm here in Oshawa, Ontario.. Not fun at all.. We are snowed in our building..lol
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    North of Kingston Ontario and we have close to 30 cm and it is still coming down hard. haven't plowed a thing today.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Just think of all the exercise shoveling snow!
  • bakz4
    Options
    I hear you on that comment! Around the time you posted this, there was a rain bubble over the town I live in (according to the radar photos)...we woke up to over 12', but can't get out to measure just yet.
  • bakz4
    Options
    Purplesaurus, remember it's all about perspective. I live on Long Island, NY. We can handle several inches without a problem. Recently I read some Facebook posts from a friend in Virginia who was at a standstil and couldn't belive schools weren't closed with just 1". We don't generally get that much, but there were 60 mph winds associated with this, and where we are it turned to rain after it started to snow, and then the temps took a dive to below 20F.

We woke up to over 12", but with snow piled up to the doors, we're not ready to go out to shovel in order to measure.
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Here in northern NJ we wound up getting about 5-6 inches. Looks like the roads are already open and there's a good deal of traffic, so I'm hopeful things will be back to normal for us by tonight.