Blizzard 2013

Options

Replies

• kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in Downeast Maine. The wind gusts are anywhere from 50-60 mph, we have about 18" of snow, and thankfully the power is still on right now! My hubby is in Baltimore where they're in the 50-60 degree range lol. Go figure. I've been cleaning my house today, because they're recommending we don't go anywhere.
  • elliev30
    elliev30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in Buffalo... we got about 15" ... but now that it's stopped snowing.. it's beautiful
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Im in Hazeton Pa we got about a foot
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    annapolise valley nova scotia and we have about 20cm atm, it started about 1 am and it is now 10 am and the worst is yet to come apparently. We were told it will be about 40cm by the time it is done.
    We are also getting hit with another storm on tuesday lol.

What? Seriously?
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    last week we got a lot of on and off again snow. one day it was snow, by the evening it would warm up and be a slushy mess, then the next its freezing rain. i would say about 6 inches all week. im an hours drive from chicago in illinois.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm South of Chicago...we have nothing. Maybe 1 inch all year so far.
  • johnjkkelly
    Options
    I'm in Boston, where I am we have about 6 inches. We're in a State of Emergency, and there is a travel ban with a $500 fine for being on the roads unless you are considered "essential". I'm just getting bored at home
    this is the craziest thing ever, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. Today Shackleton wouldn't be allowed to even set sail for the southern ocean, Ben Franklin would be arrested for flying a kite during a storm. I do not live in a place where it snows, because being cold sucks, but I have and ice is more dangerous to drive in than snow. You can get traction with snow. Times like these a guy has to drive to a liquor store, you got to do what you got to do, right?
  • LORIANN1108
    Options
    HI STATEN ISLAND .....WE GOT ABOUT 12". UGH!!!!
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    In the UK and just been looking at the news, some places in the usa look bad were going to get the tail end of this starting sunday, so im hopeing we get plenty so i can stay in bed monday morning.

Just checked the Met Office weather warnings, only "be aware" as far south as Gloucestershire. Looks like I'll be going to work Monday :grumble:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm in NH and last I knew, we had around 2 feet and it's still snowing.
  • bakz4
    bakz4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

My parents don't live too far from Mt Washington. I've been up there when there's been over 2'!! Have fun!!
  • bakz4
    Options
    I'm right outside of Boston. Hard to tell the snow total with the drifts, but it looks solidly above the 2-foot mark and still coming down.

It's been really hard to stay focused on my diet...er...LIFESTYLE change ( ;-} ) when cooped up with kids. Hopefully I'll get some exercise today from all the shoveling.

Have fun! Be warm, be safe !

I hear ya with this one! Back in the day, "Snowed-in Days" were filled with baking cookies, breads, lots of snacks, and movies. Now, it's really keeping the current weight loss at the forefront of my mind and being in control. Unfortunately, I'm not able to shovel (doctors orders), especially with this amount of snow; although I'd love to get out there with my heart rate monitor and see how many calories would be shed!! LOL...I guess I'll make an appointment with Jillian Michaels instead (although cookies do sound so much better...NO! NO I WON'T DO IT!)
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm in NH ..... we have 34 inches right now and it's still snowing pretty good
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

My parents don't live too far from Mt Washington. I've been up there when there's been over 2'!! Have fun!!

Skiing is going to be AMAZING this week!
  • bakz4
    Options
    I'm in Boston, where I am we have about 6 inches. We're in a State of Emergency, and there is a travel ban with a $500 fine for being on the roads unless you are considered "essential". I'm just getting bored at home

On Long Island, many people were stranded on the Long Island Expressway overnight due to icy conditions, snow drifts, etc.

Last summer Hurricane Irene hit when I dropped my daughter off at college in Plattsburg NY. We were informed by the hotel staff that the NYS had closed the thruway to non-esstential travel so that they could safely clear the road and if you were on the road you could be fined. Makes sense to me since people nowadays do not heed the warnings of officials and do what they want anyway. Our safety is in the hands of those who are responsible for clearing the roads, etc..

But yea, it does get boring sitting in the house while trying to break old habits of baking and eating and watching tv when you can't get out.
  • bakz4
    Options

Skiing is going to be AMAZING this week!

AMEN!!! We're supposed to get into the mid-40's this week. I hope it stays cold up there until President's Week. Many of my students are talking of heading to Loon or Bretton Woods to go skiing!
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    Damn new jersey here...got about 8-9 inches...just finish shoveling, stuck in the house ..looks like a DVD day...anyone wanna come ova?
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Just West of Boston and we have well over 2 feet and it is still snowing. The beagles would not go outside (the snow is over their heads) until we shoveled a little path for them. I have a long driveway and a broken snowblower. Gonna be a BIG burn day (or a heart attack) :-)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    30 cm in halifax, NS Canada ... was expecting more...disappointed :ohwell:
  • Progman
    Progman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Southern Ontario ( Woodstock area )

About 2 feet - we just finished digging out today.