how much did you lose before people noticed?

Options
13»

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    10kg.. About 22lb
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22lbs and now weight 218, no-one (apart from my step-mum, who knows I am trying to lose) has said anything. I seem to have lost a lot around my legs and ankles and arms. I thought I would lose it off my face first as I have done in the past, but this time that is happening a lot slower, I suppose because I have a lot more to lose. Hopefully soon I will have lost enough for other people to notice.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    50. Nobody said a WORD until I hit 50. I am 5'2" and currently at 186 in a size 12 pants from a size 20.
  • 1kerriberri
    Options
    Its the people I haven't seen for a while that notice.
    As for the rest...... I don't really care. I know I have lost weight because I feel much better, and thats the main buzz. And good on you losing that much weight. You should be very proud of yoursel x
  • terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    iv only lost 17lb so far and no one commented till i bought some new clothes that were a little tighter and even then it was only my mum:~)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    first comments at 6 kg lost. getting a few more now at 8kg lost. last time i did this it was constant once i'd lost about 15 and that kept me going the rest of the way
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    30 lbs. Few people at work and my mom notice.i thought I would have to lose more since I was so huge for people to even notice but I guess not 5"0.sw:270 cw:239
  • Mandino788
    Mandino788 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    After high school I went from 225 to 183...it wasn't until I hit like 185 that people started noticing. I'm only 5'4" so I thought that amount of weight would be more noticeable.

We'll see how it goes this time. My mom kept telling me she thought I was losing weight even when I was gaining so who knows.
  • iluvjc4ever
    iluvjc4ever Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have one more pound to lose before I hit the 50 lb mark. I didn't really see changes for the longest time but around 25 lbs my mom started to notice, at work around 35-40 lbs coworkers started to notice. I think it really depends a lot on your body type and where/ how you lose weight. For me I am pretty proportional and drop weight evenly so when I look in the mirror I don't always notice much difference. I didn't really notice much until I had to go buy new pants since I got too small for my old ones and too small for my belt that I had just kept cincing up. This was around 25 lbs lost and I had to buy new pants 2 sizes smaller to fit right! For work I wear scrubs with a drawtie so people at work didn't notice so much until I bought new scrub pants and tops. Don't worry too much about if others notice. Some people don't feel comfortable being the subject up; I mean imagine how embarrased if they asked and you hadn't lost anything! Once you lose more weight (and I mean blatanly obvious that you've lost weight) I'm sure more people will notice and say something! Congrats!!!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about if others notice. Some people don't feel comfortable being the subject up; I mean imagine how embarrased if they asked and you hadn't lost anything! Once you lose more weight (and I mean blatanly obvious that you've lost weight) I'm sure more people will notice and say something! Congrats!!!

this. often when it comes up in conversation people are like 'yeah i thought so but didn't like to ask'. dunno why. 'you're getting skinny' is a pretty great thing to hear ;P
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Soon to be XH noticed at 20 lbs. Most others noticed at around 35 lbs. My Son in law just recently commented in the nicest way. I mentioned going to an exercise class and he said "Oh! I thought you've been looking very slender lately!"

Tjham1 - what a nice son- in- law! :heart: