Losing not loosing!

Options

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    There is a difference people! Losing is the correct way to say, for example: "I am losing weight."

Loosing is not a word!

/end venting

If you let loose the hounds....you would be loosing them.
    Just saying it's a word...

No, you wouldn't be loosing them... You would be RELEASING them.

On this note.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!!

i literally LOL'd
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone needs to pass around meds for all of the OCD people who are obviously losing sleep over this issue.
    By the way.. are you grading these posts?
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I loosed wait using MFP. So their!
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    We're all adults here, we should know how to spell. The occasional wrong their or there slips in now and then, but really, we all went to grammar school. It will never be fixed, and I fear much of the younger generation (definitely not all) will bring grammar and spelling to an all time low.

Wow I just got this real bitter/ sour taste in my mouth...You taste that? :indifferent:
  • LoganAnthony6
    Options
    Grading these posts is a great idea. You all get F's. :)
  • butterbean4283
    butterbean4283 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I loosed wait using MFP. So their!

Hahaha keep up that great work!
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't understand when people get offended when you correct them. All of a sudden YOU'RE the a-hole with OCD just because THEY can't be bothered to spell a simple word correctly!
  • LoganAnthony6
    Options
    I don't understand when people get offended when you correct them. All of a sudden YOU'RE the a-hole with OCD just because THEY can't be bothered to spell a simple word correctly!

This.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    We're all adults here, we should know how to spell. The occasional wrong their or there slips in now and then, but really, we all went to grammar school. It will never be fixed, and I fear much of the younger generation (definitely not all) will bring grammar and spelling to an all time low.
    English aint my first, not even 2nd or 3rd language tbh.
    I can spell like a pro in my own language, but despite actualy working as translator I do typo stuff .Especialy when I type on fitness forum, where I usualy just frick about rather than write disertation on english literature.
    So many stuff gets my panties inna twist that I simply cannot spare any on spelling errors on MFP forums. I can spare some on people geting on high horse due to spelling tho ;D
  • LoganAnthony6
    Options
    However... "I don't understand when people get offended when you correct them." should be, "I don't understand WHY people get offended when you correct them."

:))))))
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options

It's because, your problem shouldn't become our problem. Plus it's really annoying and kind of degrading for some people. What if they aren't as advanced in grammar as you, and you just reminded them of how stupid they look? Real adults can handle reading something that isn't typed out perfectly. This isn't a novel, it's for fun and being corrected for that kinda thing isn't fun...
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Options
    However... "I don't understand when people get offended when you correct them." should be, "I don't understand WHY people get offended when you correct them."

That should put it into perspective... cmon thank him now :laugh:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options

Because its condescending and rude.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am going to loose my weight upon the world....watch out

hmmm...now that I think about it, if I were to loose my weight upon the world....would I also be losing it?
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I don't think their is anything wrong with people making a few typos. Everyone is here on a journey to loose weight and become a better version of there selves. There are more important things to ***** about.

I can't think up a clever sentence to slip alot and then/than into. So just make one up and assume I typed it.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options

That should put it into perspective... cmon thank him now :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LoganAnthony6
    Options

Because its condescending and rude.

Ever hear of criticism? It's not always a bad thing you know.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    Options
    Grading these posts is a great idea. You all get F's. :)

Give me an F for fitness!! woo hoo!!!
  • winterswish
    Options
    And while we're on pet peeves:
    If someone says to you that your answer/reasoning is flawed and your reply is to "Google it" and that somehow makes it's true, I'd like to say this is on the top of my list of reasons I fear for the future of humankind.

(I also support proper grammar and spelling, but I can see where not everyone approaches it in a way that is constructive. And some people just don't care, probably because Google told them it was okay not to worry about it.)
  • paulaspoole
    paulaspoole Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm not "losing" or "loosing" weight. I am getting RID of it! Because I have NO intentions of finding it ever again!

There Problem Solved!
This discussion has been closed.