Refirm? ?

Options
Any complete nutrition refirm users? Just started the weight loss supplements, curious if anyone liked it or hated it? Results? ( no need for comments on the "correct" way to loose weight, I am well aware and eat a very clean diet and exercise)....

Thanks for sharing~!

Replies

• sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • CallieCrocker
    Options
    I'm curious about this, too! I just went by our local store to ask about ReFirm, but I wanted to see if anyone had any results to share first. Any feedback would be really helpful!
  • ashleaa08
    Options
    I just picked some up yesterday and started my ten day cleanse today. What are your thoughts on it so far?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Just checked it out. Total waste of money.

Protip: if someone is trying to sell you something, saying it'll "cleanse" or "burn fat," they are lying and you should not give them your money. There are no shortcuts.

Well, there are shortcuts but they're all illegal and dangerous.
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it since Sunday. My boyfriend and I went to a seminar at Complete Nutrition and were told all about it. We ended up getting the higher caffeine level kind. Yeah on the first day I was super jittery and I actually felt pretty nauseous for most of the day. However, since then I've felt absolutely NOTHING. No jitters, maybe a little nauseous, but no extra energy, no being in a better mood, nothing. And I've only lost 2lbs in 5 days. I've been trying to follow the eating guidelines he talked to us about, and I've been exercising for 45 minutes each morning...but to only lose 2lbs in 5 days...I dunno...I feel like it's been a bit of a waste. I'm gonna go talk to the guy about it tomorrow. My boyfriend however says he still feels jittery and he's lost 8lbs since we started taking it...so yeah I don't know what to think. :(
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I've been taking it since Sunday. My boyfriend and I went to a seminar at Complete Nutrition and were told all about it. We ended up getting the higher caffeine level kind. Yeah on the first day I was super jittery and I actually felt pretty nauseous for most of the day. However, since then I've felt absolutely NOTHING. No jitters, maybe a little nauseous, but no extra energy, no being in a better mood, nothing. And I've only lost 2lbs in 5 days. I've been trying to follow the eating guidelines he talked to us about, and I've been exercising for 45 minutes each morning...but to only lose 2lbs in 5 days...I dunno...I feel like it's been a bit of a waste. I'm gonna go talk to the guy about it tomorrow. My boyfriend however says he still feels jittery and he's lost 8lbs since we started taking it...so yeah I don't know what to think. :(

The Refirm is doing nothing for you that a cup of coffee wouldn't do. 2 lbs in 5 days is a lot of weight loss. Control your calorie intake. That's what's going to actually make you lose weight. Not some green tea pill.
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    So how do you explain my boyfriend's 8lb weightloss? He's not been working out nearly as much as I have. And we eat pretty much the same things.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    So how do you explain my boyfriend's 8lb weightloss? He's not been working out nearly as much as I have. And we eat pretty much the same things.

Diet and exercise. You don't really think it's because of this pill that has a couple of grams of tea extract in it, do you?
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    You're not really listening to me...I've been exercising WAY more than he has. I've also been watching my calorie intake more than he has. He's lost 8 pounds since we started refirm...I've lost 2. And besides, no offense, but who are you anyway? Like...what credentials do you have to prove that you are a reliable source for saying refirm doesn't work?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    You're not really listening to me...I've been exercising WAY more than he has. I've also been watching my calorie intake more than he has. He's lost 8 pounds since we started refirm...I've lost 2. And besides, no offense, but who are you anyway? Like...what credentials do you have to prove that you are a reliable source for saying refirm doesn't work?

I don't have all the variables and data so it's impossible to explain your weight loss or his.

What I do know is that the magic tea+caffeine pills you bought are not responsible for any of it.

I'm sorry you bought into a sham. No one should be out buying magic diet pills. That's not how you achieve results. The only things that actually do anything significant are illegal, except for maybe ephedra but it's only quasi-legal and has extremely small benefits.
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    So basically you got nothin to go on except maybe the fact that you bought into the same kind of plan at one point in time and it didn't work for you?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    So basically you got nothin to go on except maybe the fact that you bought into the same kind of plan at one point in time and it didn't work for you?

..Huh? I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.

Do you even know what's in these pills you're taking? What do you think the magic fat-burning ingredient is? Why do you think the rest of us don't supplement with that ingredient?
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    I was saying that basically you have nothing to base your opinions on other than maybe your own personal experience with some other similar weight loss pill. Know what I'm talking about now?

And I probably know more about what's in these pills than what's in the meat that fast-food restaurants use. Or what chemicals are used to make an energy drink.
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    Or what's in cough syrup, or headache relievers, or anti-bacterial soap, etc. etc.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I was saying that basically you have nothing to base your opinions on other than maybe your own personal experience with some other similar weight loss pill. Know what I'm talking about now?

And I probably know more about what's in these pills than what's in the meat that fast-food restaurants use. Or what chemicals are used to make an energy drink.

No, I have no experience with any "weight loss pill." No idea where you got that.

Anyway, you can keep justifying spending however much you spent on these pills, but they still don't do anything. That's not an opinion; it's reality. I'm sorry you bought them, but even more than that I'm sorry people keep falling for these scam artists trying to sell quick fixes and convince people that some magic herbal pill can make them lose weight.
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So to update on my Refirm post....

2 weeks in I have lost 5lbs, not a huge loss, but starting about day10, my metabolism has completely switched in to overdrive, I am always hungry~!!! and have not done too well eating healthy, sat/sun, (mainly had a few beers/pizza)I can report back into still a 1lb weight loss when I should have been bloated from alcohol.

It does give me the extra little, I mean tiny, zing to get going and have my body get back to where it has been... I do like it and I would FULLY recommend it ..every supplement works differently in every body it just takes finding the right one, with the right lifestyle change and exercise....yes I do know the correct way to eat and exercise... no need to inform me :)
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    How much did you pay for it?? I am looking in to it as well...
  • Radish09
    Radish09 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just bought my Refirm Weight Loss Success Packet yesterday and I am VERY excited to see the results that come with it! I have read some great reviews. Unfortunately, it was $199, but the salesman at Complete Nutrition was VERY helpful. I'll try to keep you all updated and we will see how this goes!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I just bought my Refirm Weight Loss Success Packet yesterday and I am VERY excited to see the results that come with it! I have read some great reviews. Unfortunately, it was $199, but the salesman at Complete Nutrition was VERY helpful. I'll try to keep you all updated and we will see how this goes!

$199??? For some green tea pills?

Holy cow. STOP BUYING THESE THINGS.
  • mdg87
    mdg87 Posts: 1
    Options
    The reason your boyfriend has lost 8 lbs is because he is a man! My dad gives up beer for lent every year and will lose 35-40lbs in 40 days just from cutting those calories. Watch Biggest Loser, the men sometimes lose 20lbs the first week. Which if you do 3500(calories in a lb) x 20 = 70,000 calories burned, there is no way on Earth someone can burn 70,000 calories in a week. Its mostly water weight from sweating. Does your boyfriend sweat more than you? Also the more you weigh the more weight you are going to lose at first. Don't get discouraged or compare your self to a man or anyone for that matter :)