Options

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    hehe

I drank organic smooth move tea once..

The next day I lost 5 pounds.. all in one "sitting"

oO i think I will promote this as a cleanse and make millions :~)
  • patrickcalhoun
    Options
    Hello everyone,

For a little bit of clarity on the topic, the stuff in ReFirm is designed to help you lose weight but is not designed to do all the work for you. Caffiene that is in refirm, along with yohimbe in the AM Enhanced blend are what cause you to burn more calories. Yes, caffiene stimulates your adrenal gland which increases heart-rate, respiration, and metabolic processes forcing your body to use more calories than normal for daily function. Yohimbe inhibits an enzyme that is designed to stop you from losing weight. Yohimbe alone will not start weight loss, but it is a great tool for keeping weight loss going. Polyphenols (the extract from green tea) have been shown in over 1000 studies in the past 10 years (1/2 of those in the past 2 years) to decrease overall body fat percentage, as well as 4-fold abdominal fat (viseral fat). These studies were done on animals, japanese adults, and overweight american adults (pubmed). There is no such thing as a magic weight loss pill, but if you can use all of these things to your benefit, and supply a little bit of your own effort, you should have good results with weight loss.

I am a premed student and majored in biology. I do alot of extensive research on product ingredients, not products themself. Best of luck to anyone using this product. I lost 22 lbs in 2 months and went from a size 40 waist to 32.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Another one post wonder.....So damn sad....:sad: :huh: And I despair for our future if pre-med students spout so much crap....
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I am a premed student and majored in biology. I do alot of extensive research on product ingredients, not products themselves. Best of luck to anyone using this product. I lost 22 lbs in 2 months and went from a size 40 waist to 32.

I work in finance with a degree in business. .. I've lost 70 pounds in 8 months from a size 20 to an 11 the good old fashioned way. Exercising and eating properly.

I can tell you.. it's all about marketing and making money. Companies will tell you whatever they think they can get away with in order to wrestle that dollar form your pocket. Don't be fooled.

You want the benefits of green tea? You can get hundreds of green tea bags for less then 5 bucks.

You want to lose weight? Control your eating. Period.

You're right no magic pill.. including this one.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    So how do you explain my boyfriend's 8lb weightloss? He's not been working out nearly as much as I have. And we eat pretty much the same things.

Dehydration
    Scale fluctuation
    Lighter wallet
  • patrickcalhoun
    Options
    Congratulations on all your weight loss. I was hoping my post was clear in that there is no substitute for diet and exercise, however supplements can help bridge gaps. I encourage you to do your own research with trusted websites like pubmed, a public government scientific research database. Please try not to be so condescending towards pre-med students, I was only trying to convey that I am not an expert in the field, but attempting to give you unbias information. Goodluck again!
  • JessicaSimpson0512
    Options
    I've been on refirm AM with Tone now for 5 days. I weighed 143.5 for 2 weeks straight after being on a low carb high protein diet andworking out about 3 or 4 times a week. I plateaued at 143.5 and ccouldn't lose anymore! So I bought the refirm AM only, along with the Tone. In 5 days, I've lost 2.5 lbs! I haven't changed anything other than taking the pills. As a matter of fact, I've cheated a lot in the past few days. Now, for the guy saying it's a caffeine and green tea pill, yeah those are in it but along with a lot of other proven ingredients that help you lose weight. White kidney bean extract actually helps block carb absorption. Raspberry key tones aid in fat burn. Green coffee bean extract speeds up your metabolism and aids in burning visceral fat. All of these were on doctor Oz for aiding in weight loss. So basically, somebody formulated pill with all of these things in it! And for the Tone pill, those have CLA along with fish oil to shrink and burn visceral fat, especially belly fat. That was also endorsed by doctor Oz. So, yeah diet pills like this can work as long as it's coupled with diet and exercise. You can't just take the pill without changing your diet and expect to drop weight.

After taking the pills, my belly has shrunk and is starting to tone up, which wasn't happening before. And it's happening quick! So, once I reach my goal of about 138, I will come off of the diet pills and just maintain it with regular exercise and healthy diet. I ddon't think it's good to stay on diet pills for a long time. I personally think once you are in a plateau, diet pills can be a good option to kick it back up!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I just bought my Refirm Weight Loss Success Packet yesterday and I am VERY excited to see the results that come with it! I have read some great reviews. Unfortunately, it was $199, but the salesman at Complete Nutrition was VERY helpful. I'll try to keep you all updated and we will see how this goes!

$199??? For some green tea pills?

Holy cow. STOP BUYING THESE THINGS.

Humans are so impatient. If they want to waste their money, that's on them. 199 bucks can get a crapload of healthy food that would last my fiance and I a whole month.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I started this 5 days ago and while I'm down about 2-3 pounds in those 5 days (also been hitting the gym every day) I get a very upset stomach with the afternoon pills every day and have had diarrhea every day since starting. I had a couple other variable in there such as trying a new protein powder so I've being trying to isolate what is making me feel unwell and I'm fairly certain it's the ReFirm. Has anyone else experienced any side effects like this? Should I give it a little longer to get used to it or discontinue immediately. I also never really consume caffeine so that could be a part of it.

Um, if the pills are causing you discomfort, why continue to take them? You're losing weight through dehydration because of the liquid-craps. Dehydration is bad.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    So how do you explain my boyfriend's 8lb weightloss? He's not been working out nearly as much as I have. And we eat pretty much the same things.
    Water loss?
    If you are new to excersize your muscles will store some watert to aide growth/ repair.
    If your bf has recently cut down on carbs/ salt alot of his weight loss may just be water and isn't fat.
    Also as men tend to have higher metabolism rates they loose weight quicker / easier than womes.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Any complete nutrition refirm users? Just started the weight loss supplements, curious if anyone liked it or hated it? Results? ( no need for comments on the "correct" way to loose weight, I am well aware and eat a very clean diet and exercise)....

Thanks for sharing~!

Save your money. Supplements will do little to nothing for your weight loss.

Sorry to comment when you didn't want it, but I'm not sure you're well aware. There is only one correct way of losing weight: a calorie deficit, which requires neither a "clean" diet nor exercise.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options

So many things, but it's all speculation. You may eat "pretty much" the same things, but there could be several hundred calories difference in your similar diets. Are you both counting calories? Also, his metabolism is likely higher, being a man, likely taller, and likely weighing more to begin with. One way or another, his calorie deficit is more than yours.

Likely not due to supplements.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Granted, I have no personal experience with ReFirm, I do, however know basic nutrition. You will not lose weight because you are taking the pills. You will simply see results sooner

Oh?

Why is that?
    if you can buy it at a store, it should have some kind of positive effect on you

Wut.
  • MonaRaeHill
    MonaRaeHill Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I have to agree wholeheartedly with Jonnythan (sp?). There's so very many slippery snake salespeeps out there............honestly.

Before you ask, I have a Masters in Wellness and Alternative Medicine and I have many years of experience with dieting.

Because of my degree, I can tell you that the stakes are high (for the sellers) when it comes to charming folks into buying the latest, greatest, magic bullet. There's an incredible amount of it going on, right now, in the health and wellness industry. Ask me sometime, about the cheerleaders who would come through the door, at the chiropractor clinic where I worked..........there's a LOT of slippery snake charmer sales peeps out there. Best not to believe anyone, because if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...........:(

I can tell you from experience that there is no magic bullet. The only magic bullet one might find for losing weight, is stumbling upon an approach that works for them as an individual.

I've tried many diets in my day, (including WW, Low-Carb/High Fat/Protein, High-Carb/High Protein/Lowfat, The Zone Diet, The blood type diet, The body type diet, and a gazillion supplements (chromium, cambosia, enzyme, psyllium, guar gum, etc. etc.) you name it, I've tried it.

After awhile, I began to realize that the only true cure for overeating (and thereby gaining excess weight) is to "throw away your TV, move to the country, eat a lot of peaches"........John Prine...........and eat your vegetables! (lol).

Truly, all kidding aside, almost every diet I've ever tried, has at least 5-7 servings of veggies, daily, and only a few servings from the rest of the food pyramid. The diets all started to seem the same, after awhile. That's because they were. Because that's what works. Most of these things you can buy are scams. It's really sad, but true. ............just remember, if it were easy, everyone could do it.

Losing weight is about the hardest addiction a person could ever kick. There's NO magic bullet. You can't quit it cold turkey, like you can other addictions. There's just the slow grind of being alert and aware, each and every day, sometimes, for years, of what goes in, either comes out, or get's stored as fat. It's a type of highly refined personal discipline, really, It's like learning a new skill, and you fake it til' it becomes second nature.

It's hard to accept that in our 'if it's newer, faster, shinier and bigger, then it's surely better" societal mindset. Rather then spending perfectly good (and hard earned) money, on these things, one would be better off investing in some meditation MP3's, or putting that money towards a get-away, someplace.

Anyway, like I said, the only diet that will work long-term, is the one that works for each of us, as individuals. As in most things, there is NO 'one-size-fits-all'. What works for you may not work for me and vis. a versa. The painful truth, however, is that what it always comes down to is: calories in = calories out, (especially if those calories are 'clean') over an extended period of time.

I hate that idea, too, but in my old age, I've come to accept it, only most grudgingly, that's true, but there ya' have it. One of my professors kept saying to me that I was just going to have to, at some point, embrace the crone in me. I told her I already had, in that I was always a creative researcher of new experiences, but I don't really think that's what she meant, lol.
  • Jubu219
    Options
    I'm with you Jonnythan. Weight loss takes effort and consistency, not a $200 packet of pills. It is not recommended for a person to lose more than 2 pounds per week anyway, so those of you complaining about your -5 pounds in 2-weeks, you should be celebrating: that is fantastic progress.

I have tried pills and every diet you can imagine, but it wasn't until I simply started choosing healthier options and smaller portions and started working out that I saw a difference. I lost 35 pounds in a reasonable amount of time, and kept it off, without pills or crazy, restrictive diets. It doesn't take a degree in dietetics to know these pills are crap...just some research and common sense.
  • sunnibunni210
    Options
    I just started the refirm program so i have no opinion of how it works so far but i don't expect to take it and get results while doing nothing else.This is not supposed to be some magical pill for weight loss! This is a pill to HELP with weight loss as it increases your metabolism and to help tone you. The point is to take it with regular exercise and eating right.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This is a pill to HELP with weight loss as it increases your metabolism and to help tone you. The point is to take it with regular exercise and eating right.

It does neither of those things.
  • bridgetdelano
    Options
    I have been reading most of these on this whole "Refirm" thing, yes I have been interested in this as well and was looking for a price becuase I was going to get some as well, BUT I have to agree with Jonnythan, $199.00 is outragous. I do have some experience with this whole weight loss business since I have been on a constant struggle for 21yrs, having a Thyroid issue and very low metabolism, well I have been working with my doctor, and what it comes down to is exercise and simply watching what you consume. I dont have a lot of money but I started the Weight Watchers Point Plus on my own, just buying the meals at the store and counting points it seems to be working 1-2 pounds per week, and working out 1hr every day. It is NOT healthy to loose weight to fast because you are just going to gain it back. I think the amount they are charging is terrible and in my opinion it is just a way to take advantage of women who are vulnerable when it comes to looking great. And lets face it ladies we do care more about fitting into those skinny clothes than we do about our health. I do wish you all the best of luck if you are buying this, but remember this and take it from someone who has been there, the older you get the harder it is to loose and keep it off, the more you work out, well you gain more mussle and mussle weighs more than fat. Again... Good Luck. :)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    This is a pill to HELP with weight loss as it increases your metabolism and to help tone you. The point is to take it with regular exercise and eating right.

It does neither of those things.

This thread and the arguments in it remind me of one of my favorite quotes ...

"There exists in society a very special class of persons that I have always referred to as the Believers. These are folks who have chosen to accept a certain religion, philosophy, theory, idea or notion and cling to that belief regardless of any evidence that might, for anyone else, bring it into doubt. They are the ones who encourage and support the fanatics and the frauds of any given age. No amount of evidence, no matter how strong, will bring them any enlightenment. They are the sheep who beg to be fleeced and butchered, and who will battle fiercely to preserve their right to be victimized"
    - James Randi
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! You can either do it the right, sustainable way or you can waste money on gimmicks. You will learn one day, hopefully by then you wont be broke :flowerforyou: