Dog Lovers and Buddys

Options
2»

Replies

• taurusgurl5984
    Options
    Hi there! I used to show Brittany's of my own in AKC and did some handling for people as well in the conformation ring. I was a dog 4-H'er (and leader) and taught obedience and "fitting and showing" as well as knowledge to my club of over 25 kids. I currently have an adopted mutt (she was listed as a beagle mix, but she's much taller and black/white/tan) - she resembles an english foxhound more in her stature. We had a Chinese crested powderpuff for 10 years whom we had to put down last year due to cancer that caused him terrible pain, it was awful. ;(

I don't currently show dogs, but I enjoyed it so much and it's such a great community. I hope to get back into it someday when I have the time and the means. For now, I'd like to continue obedience training with our dog Ivy and see if I can get her to pass her therapy dog title as she gets a little older and calms some more.
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    two German Shepards and a Pug what a mix
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Animal lover here .........I have a german shepherd that thinks she is bad *kitten* ( but she is really just a big baby) ...2 cats and a parrot ....
  • EdwardBarrera
    Options
    Buddy our dobey mix and Ellah our basset mix remind me every morning to pandiculate. We'll do some group pandiculations usually in the morning and we all feel better wagging our happy tails.
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm a crazy dog lady. I have a 5 year old Australian Shpherd and an 8year old Jack Russell. I had to put my 14 year old Border Collie down at thanksgiving. Broke my heart in two. I love dogs, always have since I was a kid. Once I can get another dog she will be a rescue. Promised my husband I'd wait a year. I have to say 2 dogs is a lot easier than 3!
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I have always loved dogs! I have a Bernese Mountain Dog, he makes me smile every single day :flowerforyou:
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    I draw dogs for a living!
    dont have one of my own any more for the first time in my life! grew up around 14!!!
    but spending most of my time looking at pictures of them as i draw isnt too bad of a job :)
  • redjch
    redjch Posts: 18
    Options
    Yellow lab, Maggie who is my walking buddy. She is so happy when I get home from work; nothing better than that unconditional love!!
    2 cats too: Evie (Evinrude, cos she purrs like a motor!) a calico and Kia (Perovskia- Russian Sage) a Russian Blue.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I love my Dog Black GSD I just wrote a buddy request.
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    Dog (and all of our 4 leged friends) lover Here ^^!
    I have a cute 1 Y.O coton de tulear girl called Nala :)
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am an all round animal lover but have 4 cats, a dog and a hamster!! Feel free to add me I am on here most days x
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am 61 and My pack contains 4 dogs. Peanut a fawn pug, Ebony my little black pug, Reyna my daughter's brindle boxer and Levi a lab pit mix someone abandoned.
  • 60x60
    60x60 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    All my dogs have been rescues. My Shepherd Huskie mix and giant Westie with Addison's saw me through my cancer treatment. The Westie died midway through, but the elderly Shepherd Huskie was at my side through the rest. As I got stronger, she got weaker. After letting her find peace, my heart was broken. I thought I'd never have another dog and became a volunteer walker at the Humane Society. I met my current dog, a Border Collie, abandoned and broken. I was warned about my age, energy and a Border Collie. But we needed each other to survive. He provides me with both mental and physical challenges that have helped me strengthen and heal. He is one of the biggest tools in my fitness arsenal (and my husband's too!).
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Here is me and my boy Marvel ( yes named after the comics )

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q627/juliestarvik/9 months/IMG_1094_zps95d2fa7c.jpg

Feel free to add me

And don't forget walking the dog is a great form of exercise
  • xSassy71x
    xSassy71x Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We have 3 pits at my house. the 2 oldest are in my ticker. A blue named Tidus, he's 6 and very lazy. A brendal named Chopper, he's around 2 yrs old, I adopted him last April. And lastly a red named Morgan, She's 10 months They all wait for me to come home from work every night, and are very excited when I come in the door. It would be very quiet and boring around her without them thats for sure.
  • mwrygg7
    Options
    HI Dog Lover! I am 65 year old male..just getting started on this. Might take me awhile to figure it all out! We just got a dog, Luci, from our local shelter, a female full bred basset hound! And to keep her company we got a kitten and are those two fun to watch.
    In the mood to loose about 20lbs..what about you
  • EdwardBarrera
    Options
    Our beloved Buddy just passed away. His final living act was a pandiculation so we knew he comfortably went to dog heaven. We miss his ever loving presence.

In his honor, I just dedicated and published my ebook, Move Like an Animal, on Amazon.

Buddy kept reminding me to pandiculate even though he lived with Addison's disease. For us animals, this simple act which all our dogs do, allows us to remain pain free and comfortable even in difficult circumstances.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Love love love ❤️❤️❤️❤️ pooches, I have a pug and she's my little princess