Insanity, Round 1, starting tomorrow... Any takers?

Options

Replies

• SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'll keep coming here to remind you all ;)
  • SusanaLdn
    Options
    Starting on Monday 11 FEB.

Cool, so am I! Can't wait for tomorrow!
  • SusanaLdn
    Options
    it doesn't matter what day you start. You can do the fit test tomorrow,then start the first workout on Monday if you wish

I know, but my gym membership only finishes on the end of the month. I went for a Total Body Workout this morning. I will now use it for sauna and swimming, and try and give my little muscles a rest ;)
  • SusanaLdn
    Options
    I'd like to join you also! how do you track insanity on mfp?

That's the thing... I've been on forums and found nothing too useful :(

I'll track it as 'aerobics high impact', as I don't have a hrm. This is what I've been using for some workouts I do at the gym somehow similar to Insanity and I've been losing weight, getting fitter, and I feel healthy, so it probably works :)
  • SusanaLdn
    Options
    I'm on my third round. Week 4 tomorrow.

I log that I've done the exercise but put 1 calorie burns... I've changed my calorie goal to the one I got from the equation in the insanity nutrition guide so I don't have to worry about 'eating back' calories and just stick to my goal.

^^ This is exactly my plan :)
  • SusanaLdn
    Options
    I ordered it on Friday night so am waiting for it to arrive. I ordered next day delivery so am hopeful it will arrive on Monday so I can start Tuesday morning.

Am nervous about how tough it is. Want to give it my all as I want to results to show for it. Am hoping it will give my fitness a boost as I am booked in for a 20 mile, 200 obstacle race in May so need to get my *kitten* in gear if i am to have any hope of getting round the course.

Are any of you in the UK?

I'm in London! The calendar says you're supposed to start on a Monday, but the first day is only a (very hard) fitness test, so maybe you can cheat a bit and do it 100% with us ;) Let's al do it! My housemate is going for it too, she's just not on MPF :)
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i started yesterday with the fit test. Today was day 2 and it went really well. I didnt need to take any extra breaks

I need my rest days to be Friday which is why I started on a Saturday. I do have a heart rate monitor so maybe I can post my burn and that will help give everyone an idea of the burn, even though I know every one is different. My soccer season starts in 2 weeks though so I'll have games on Sunday so whatever workout falls on Sunday i'll have to skip.
  • SusanaLdn
    Options
    i started yesterday with the fit test. Today was day 2 and it went really well. I didnt need to take any extra breaks

I need my rest days to be Friday which is why I started on a Saturday. I do have a heart rate monitor so maybe I can post my burn and that will help give everyone an idea of the burn, even though I know every one is different. My soccer season starts in 2 weeks though so I'll have games on Sunday so whatever workout falls on Sunday i'll have to skip.

Thanks Tammilk, obviously everyone is different, but your burn could be a good reference. Well done on not needing breaks. I'm a bit scared about what's to come, but hey, LETS GO! :drinker:
  • elizalanders
    Options
    I started today with the fit test!!! Trying to break up my running routine with some strength training/core work and this was suggested to me. From what I saw, moral support to get through the next 60 days is going to be essential!!!! What a workout!!!
  • 22pirtle
    Options
    My DVDs are collecting dust. I'm ready to start tomorrow with everyone! I need to get this body moving and stop making excuses. Good luck everyone.
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow (2/11) with the Fit Test. We'll see how it goes. I don't have the nutrition guide, or plan to follow it, I just want to be in better shape than I am now.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Do y'all mind if an old fat guy joins you? I just bought a used set that will be here on Thursday. I'll start Friday. You could also start a group to make keeping up easier.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options

I'll track it as 'aerobics high impact', as I don't have a hrm. This is what I've been using for some workouts I do at the gym somehow similar to Insanity and I've been losing weight, getting fitter, and I feel healthy, so it probably works :)

Beachbody calculates the calories you need to eat on Insanity with their membership. Mine (Female, 130 lbs, occasionally active, some weight to lose) is 1900 for reference :)
  • SusanaLdn
    Options
    Hey everyone,

So happy to see my post wasn't in vain! There's LOTS of us out here ;)

Lets all come back here after out fit test tonight (for the ones starting today) and chat about it? Swap count numbers, celebrate, cry, moan? Thos of you who are starting a bit later can have a helpful, first hand account of what awaits you... Muahahahaha ;)

See you all later, and feel free to add me. Have a great one!
  • SusanaLdn
    Options

Beachbody calculates the calories you need to eat on Insanity with their membership. Mine (Female, 130 lbs, occasionally active, some weight to lose) is 1900 for reference :)

I would, but you have to live either in the US or Canada, and I'm in England :(

I'm sure it will be fine, there's a lot of people doing it the way I'm doing it too. If not, I'll play with it a bit :)

All the best!
  • SusanaLdn
    Options
    Here's our group, just created, ladies and gents!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12111-to-insanity-and-beyond

Come have fun!
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options

I would, but you have to live either in the US or Canada, and I'm in England :(

I'm sure it will be fine, there's a lot of people doing it the way I'm doing it too. If not, I'll play with it a bit :)

All the best!

Google is your friend if you fancy a peek at the Insanity nutrition guide.

I can post the equation they use late (on my phone at the mo) but its the Harris Benedict times 1.7 for the level of activity then minus 500 cals to lose.
  • ruthieg10
    ruthieg10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too!Good Luck everyone :-D xx
  • lostpumpkin
    Options
    Im about to start week 4 of insanity and im loving it! anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 3 Cardio Power and Resistance. Still dripping with sweat. Burned 431 calories. Need to go drink my protein shake and have a snack before a shower then off to work. Whew I'm sore but it feels good!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!