how often do you weigh in?

Options
13»

Replies

• AngNY
    AngNY Posts: 193
    Options
    Every Friday morning. I wake up, use the potty wait like 10 min then weight myself.
  • WhitR86
    WhitR86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    About everyday! When I see a new number (down) I make it official!! I get excited about those days when im 1 more pound down :)
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Weekly when I started out. Now bi weekly. It can ruin your day and discourage you sometimes to not see the numbers moving. Also take measurements. They are vastly more important.

I agree with this comment. I weigh in on Sunday mornings
  • chipmunck76
    chipmunck76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Every morming, but my weight stay exactly the samefor the last month, but I lost 2 inches in half on my belt....

My main profile picture is from yesterday February 8 th and my picture with the big belly is from January 1 st.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow - once a week because I've joined a few challenges - plus my personal trainer changed up my calorie intake pretty drastically from what I've been doing.

But lately, there are times when t weigh myself everyday for a week and then not weigh in at all for a month. I've been mostly basing it on how tight my jeans are.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    I weigh when ever I feel like it, but I only track every other Sunday (except when I stopped logging for a bit, got back on track and wanted to know where I was at)
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily to see the pattern of fluctuations and it reminds me to drink water (I retain like crazy if I don't, so a 5 pound water weight gain will make me more conscious that day), but I only record once a week.

ETA: I take measurements once a month.
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be once a month, especially just starting out like I have. I'm still learning what foods do what and the things to stay away from.

Will also be a good time to reward myself with Gym clothes etc. for the achievements I've made.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    When I first started out pretty much every day because I was impatient haha. Eventually I started weighing in once a week, and now that weight loss has slowed down for me I am weighing once a month as to not get discouraged. Taking measurements is a good idea, at least for me it's a good consolation to see inches lost if I didn't lose any weight for the month.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week, but I do skip it the week of my monthly because I know I'll be heavier due to bloating.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and also accept that somedays that means my weight will go up so I only pay attention to the trend of the last 30 days.

At least in my case weighing in is very important. When the battery in my scale went dead and I was lazy about replacing it I gained an average of 2lbs a day. Even though I was counting calories I was paying as close attention to where those calories were coming from. It's taken me over 6 months and I'm still trying to get rid of the weight I gained during the dead battery days..