No Scale Victories, share yours!

Options
stonel94
stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
So since I've been at school it's hard to find a good time to weigh cause I only like to do it before i've eaten, but the scale i have doesn't seem to be very good so I should use the gym scale but i'm self concious, so I've been going off of NSV's now mostly because i'm also now lifting (NROL women) so I might be gaining pounds but I can see differences that are good.
Okay I have 2 NSV's 1.I was talking to my friend about staying with her in Hawaii and her friends are all reeally skinny, she is thin but not super skinny, just normal sized, and i was saying I'm gonna feel obese around her friends on the beach and she said that's how she feels and at least I'm tick as F**k and tan so I'll fit in more. (tick means like really in shape). So yay! friend thinks I'm in really good shape and muscular
and another is today I looked in the mirror after taking a couple days off from lifting (so the muscle "pump" had gone down) and I could see ab lines and felt really good.

share yours!

Replies

• firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    We had ice rescue training this morning and a friend posted pics on his facebook. My wife is looking at them and has one with my back to the camera, she says she didnt recognize me...only the jackets I had on...cause I was one of the skinny guys in the pic. Gonna have to get that girl something nice for Valentines.
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    Fitting into jeans what I was wearing 7 years ago and I was still young and without kids. :)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    when I hit under 150 pounds.......
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    this dress. haven't felt good in it in two years. wore it out last night and felt sexy for the first time in ages. <3
  • gsdz4me
    gsdz4me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I went out to the movies and was pleased that I fitted comfortably in the seat. Embarassing a little knowing that I was uncomfortable before but not admitting it to myself so pleased to admit that the comfort was there for the first time in a long time so that was my NSV, hopefully more to come ;-)
  • raegan1215
    Options
    looking in a mirror and thinking "daaaammmnnnn girl you look GOOD!" rather than "ewwww" a lot more often lately.
  • littlebre33
    Options
    completing the 30 day shred today! AND when I went to the grocery store the clerk told me I was losing lots of weight :laugh:
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When I put my bathrobe on after my shower today, I noticed that there seemed to be more material to wrap around myself in the front. :)
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Cheekbones:happy:
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    kinda weird, but both my jeans and my sweats seem to be longer all of a suden
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of jeans this morning and they promptly fell off.

And I'm feeling so totally f**king amazing, I reckon I could do double back-flips if I tried.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I put on a pair of jeans this morning and they promptly fell off.

And I'm feeling so totally f**king amazing, I reckon I could do double back-flips if I tried.

Love this!!
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    small one - we had a fire alarm the other day in my condo. In the past i would dread these since i'm on the 18th floor and i'd be out of breath by the time i finished taking the stairs (lol). would often just handwaive it away and say meh, i'll just stay here and play the odds.

well now that i'm working out and running 3x a week that fire alarm was not met with dread at all - could zip down the stairs without any effort, felt good man.
  • gr8tweets1
    Options
    This past week I have been so discouraged. I stuck to plan 100% and gained two pounds. I was fit to be tied. I decided just for the heck of it to do my measurements and was pleasantly surprised to see that even though the numbers on the scale climbed I had lost 1/2" from both my waist and hips. That was a great NSV!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSV ever, My grandson was playing with a kids hula hoop and kept
    insisting i do it to, my husbad said momaw is to big for that one, Logan turned and said
    no it not momaw wittle Will never forget it :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    My brand new size 12 skinny jeans were a size big when I tried them on at home after buying them. I don't try on in store anymore, no need now. I guess that's 2 NSVs for me.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I can finally do tricep extensions with my 15 lb dumbbells, yea!!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    looking in a mirror and thinking "daaaammmnnnn girl you look GOOD!" rather than "ewwww" a lot more often lately.

This!

Also, size six jeans.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm a college professor and last week I subbed for another prof and then taught my own classes. So, I taught 3 classes back to back for a total of 4 1/2 hours of standing and walking around a classroom without a break. When I got back to my office it dawned on me that NOTHING HURT!!! -not my feel, not my back and not my knees-nothing hurt!!!!! I could not believe it, so I went for a walk the next day for 40 minutes and again - NOTHING HURT!!!! I was so excited, I sent a email to my son to tell him about it! If I never lose another pound, at least I will not hurt anymore just doing my job and living my life and that is a terrific NSV! :drinker:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm a college professor and last week I subbed for another prof and then taught my own classes. So, I taught 3 classes back to back for a total of 4 1/2 hours of standing and walking around a classroom without a break. When I got back to my office it dawned on me that NOTHING HURT!!! -not my feel, not my back and not my knees-nothing hurt!!!!! I could not believe it, so I went for a walk the next day for 40 minutes and again - NOTHING HURT!!!! I was so excited, I sent a email to my son to tell him about it! If I never lose another pound, at least I will not hurt anymore just doing my job and living my life and that is a terrific NSV! :drinker:

That's a fantastic accomplishment! Good for you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!