Tilapia Question

Options

Replies

• Pulka_Dot
    Pulka_Dot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Here is an awesome tilapia recipe I made. It was super tasty and easy to make.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/skillet-fillets-with-cilantro-butter-10000001142036/
  • kaefer13
    Options
    Tilapia is a mild tasting fish, strong spices like Od Bay will overpower it's taste. Try it steamed with a side of salsa and some corn maybe.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Grilled tilapia tacos are delicious.
  • swanarae
    Options
    I use the different flavors of Mrs Dash
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    some great ideas here! bumping for later
  • Mulikme
    Mulikme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like dipping the fish in an egg/skim milk mixture and cover it with crushed cashews or almonds. Broil for a couple of minutes on each side.
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I really love called fish créole:

onions, celeri and green pepper finely chopped, along with salt, basil and a can of tomato soup. Cook your fish in this mixture (I use the microwave for 8 minutes). Delicious!!
  • pinkstay
    Options
    Bump
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    We steam most of our fish and a lot of the times we dont even put any seasoning on it.

I've also made some fish tacos with it. OMG YUM!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/cilantro-lime-tilapia-tacos.html
  • BlueEyes2000
    BlueEyes2000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    depending on how thick the fillet is, i like to coat it with crushed pistachios and bake it or just broil with lemon/lime juice and butter

sounds awesome! Love any and all nuts - I will be trying this, thank you!
  • scamp76
    Options
    Yummy!!! Bumping for later.
  • destro748
    Options
    Blackened Seasoning...best for seafood.
  • try this , paint a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil an both sides,sprinkle a little black pepper paprika ,seasalt ,onion powder and squeeze fresh lemon juice on it
  • And garnish with salsa! yummmm!!!!
  • New416me
    New416me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the sazon. It is also high in sodium. I know used it for years.
    I add onions, peppers, all colors and garlic (I love garlic). A splash of olive oil, any flavor of Mrs. Dash seasoning ( has no salt)...delicious.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I eat a box of Gorton's Signature Grilled Tilapia every other day. I think I am slowly turning pescatarian... hmm.

It comes in a yellow box in the freezer, and you just put it in the oven for 20 minutes or so. The seasoning is surprisingly good, even for a super picky cook like me. Before this diet, I would never have considered those freezer boxes as anything more than a lazy excuse for a bad day in the kitchen. Now, I can't get enough. They are a GREAT way to get more protein without the carbs I seem to find in most of my other sources.

Just grab a box, and try it.
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    I bake it without anything on it, then the last three minutes of baking time I put salsa on it. Yum!
  • LSeales
    LSeales Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skylardevenney
    skylardevenney Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In your local grocery store we have Winn Dixie's here you can get tiger sauce!! It's in the condiment isle! It's a spicy sweet sauce!! It doesn't take much!! It's good on fish sautéed veggies & chicken!!