the 'you don't look like you weigh that!' club - who's in?

Options
124»

Replies

• wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I think it's because so many people lie about their weight. People are trained to think that in order to be slender/thin/skinny (word of your choice), you can't weigh more than about 115 pounds. Or you have actors who have a publicity weight, and then we generally see them on TV/screen and 'the camera adds 10 pounds.' It's all very skewed! Numbers don't matter, except maybe bodyfat%. :)
  • cristian989
    Options
    I can totally relate to this, I also have a height issue. I'm 6' but I have terrible posture, so people think I'm like 5' 8". Also, I distribute my weight very evenly, so most are thrown off when I tell them how much I really weigh (and how tall I am).
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I get that all the time. I'm 5'6" and I weigh 144 lbs and people never ever guess that. They are shocked when I tell them what I weigh.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    No one believed when I was 220, because I was a size 16 I guess? i am 5'9". In my profile photo I was about 204 lbs and technically obese.

I am 192 now but no one has been asking what I weigh. Being a size 8 is my goal and I estimate that will happen around 170 lbs.

I can also bench press 160lbs, and leg press 640lbs so that might help. lol
  • dinkerdwn
    dinkerdwn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hear that, followed by "you need to eat more" all the time, haha. At 5'7", with long legs and torso, my barely over 120 weight usually gets pegged at 115.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I get "You don't look like you weigh that much!!!" A lot, I even shocked my trainer!

I also seem to shock people with my pant size, but I have wide hips so its really hard for me to get under a 12. At goal ill probably be a 10.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I weigh 153, but I look about 135. That's my goal though, to weigh what I look lol. I have a more athletic build like my birth father.